Major League Soccer (MLS) at Walt Disney World

Trouble with this is that it's easy to believe when Disney charges $4.00 for a $0.02 bottle of water.

FC Dallas had issues before they even travelled. It'll be fun to see if they lose out on 9 possible points in the standings with those group stage matches gone or not. The vast majority of teams executed the revised plan with no issue, the revision being to be able to stay home longer before travelling over. Orlando got in the bubble first, had a positive case or two, and those players were able to go through protocol and get negative tests all before the first game.

FC Dallas had issues before they even travelled. It'll be fun to see if they lose out on 9 possible points in the standings with those group stage matches gone or not. The vast majority of teams executed the revised plan with no issue, the revision being to be able to stay home longer before travelling over. Orlando got in the bubble first, had a positive case or two, and those players were able to go through protocol and get negative tests all before the first game.

Nashville looks like a potential issue as well. They needed to make players get to Orlando sooner (or quarantine at home for a week before coming). What's done is done though. Now just have to hope no more new cases.

Just reported that 5 key players for Vancouver Whitecaps are not going - just their personal choice. Doesn’t bode well for tourney and MLS brand if other teams have lots of players who do same

The intent is after the tournament completion to do games in home markets. If they're not comfortable with the closed environment and thorough testing, just wait until they have to travel all over the place. Carlos Vela is sitting out because a) he has plenty of money to make that choice, and b) baby likely to be born during the course of the tournament. Games start tonight and these count towards the standings. It should be fun to see the interesting things they're doing for camera angles and mics.

Just a reminder that kickoff is in like 5 minutes.

I don't really like soccer, but I'll be watching it. It's been a really long time since we've had sports to watch. Playing NHL 20 on the PS4 is just not the same.

Just a reminder that kickoff is in like 5 minutes.

I don't really like soccer, but I'll be watching it. It's been a really long time since we've had sports to watch. Playing NHL 20 on the PS4 is just not the same.

I like the BLM tribute.

it's also kinda crazy watching this and going "I remember running beside that field" they are playing on.

Miami player Andres Reyes left the game with a neck injury. It look like he took an accidental elbow to the throat and it was pretty scary.

The medics need to do a much better job getting the stretcher out on the field. It took way too long.

Miami player Andres Reyes left the game with a neck injury. It look like he took an accidental elbow to the throat and it was pretty scary.

The medics need to do a much better job getting the stretcher out on the field. It took way too long.

Agreed on time to get stretcher out. Also going to the hospital with a throat issue during a pandemic with a respiratory virus is a bit scary. Wish him all the best and hope he recovers quickly.

First game in the books. Orlando over Miami 2-1.

Production qualities were.. interesting. Some of the camera angles were weird gives this field isn't typically used for TV and the virtual logos were distracting some (but know why they were there). Not sure the "no piped in crowd noise" is the right call. Still game one and a lot can be improved production wise for future games.

On the field, first half was ugly and you could see rust. Second half was a lot better with a really bad looking injury but gameplay was a lot better.

I hated the fake Adidas logo at the center of the field. Couldn’t they have just painted it on the field? It looks terrible.

I thought that the fake logos near the goals weren’t that distracting and the blue screens were fine. Personally, I think not adding fake noise was the right call, but I also know that I’m not the audience. I could see myself watching future games just to have something on in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter