Make Me Cry: Share your most emotional WDW experiences

My Wife, my brother-in-law and I had planned a WDW-Trip for September this Year, it was supposed to be our Honeymoon-Trip. We were really looking forward to it, and my wife was really looking forward to Wishes, she really LOVED Wishes, everything about it: the fireworks, the music, the emotions... then, 3 days before our trip, she died.

I decided to play parts of the Wishes-Soundtrack on her funeral last week.

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your wife.

My most emotional - make me cry - experience wasn't a happy one.

I haven't been back since this happened, but am going to try to go Spring Break.

We were celebrating because I had completed Chemo and radiation for breast cancer. My hair was starting to grow back in. We made ressies for Citricos and the waitress wouldn't let me come in and eat with my family! I had a visor on that I was wearing to help hide my lack of very much hair. It made me feel more comfortable. She indicated no hats could be worn inside the restaurant. My husband tried explaining to her what I had been going through, but the rules had to be followed. So we left - me in tears!

Since this thread isn't about theme park planning, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

While sitting at the bus stop at Pleasure Island next to a young mother, her daughter and son. The kids appeared to be about 10 and 12 years old. We couldn't help but overhear their conversation with their dad on the phone. The excitement in their voices was contagious. They were telling their dad what they had seen and what they had done. They were at Disney for one of the cheering competitions and it was evident it was their first trip. I looked over at my wife and she was crying and I asked it what was wrong- she said nothing was wrong but she was touched by the young children. My wife said that is what Walt Disney had envisioned when he creeated Disneyworld. It was just like Christmas morning. The magic is still there.

OK, who's silly idea was it to start this thread??? I DO NOT have enough tissues for this!!! OMG, I am sitting here all by myself, blubbering like a baby :sad1: at all these stories. Why did I think it was a good idea to read these??? :laughing:

When we went for our honeymoon, it was my husbands very first time. I was re-living all the excitement of the first time through him. He has an Engineers brain, so everything was so technical with him. He was looking at structures, wiring, conduit... not very magical:confused3

On our 10th anniversary I think He finally got the idea of the magic of Disney when we were on the Monorail heading to MK and there was a young boy, maybe 8 or 9 years old, visiting for his first time. He was talking about how excited he was and everyone in the car was just listening to him go on and on about what he was going to to that day. As we rounded a turn, the castle came into view and the little boy was just amazed. He was mesmerized by the sight and could not believe that he was actually there. As I looked around the car (hoping nobody noticed I was crying) there was hardly a dry eye around, including my husband! I believe everyone was re-living their first visit and seeing the magic through this young boys eyes.

Sometimes, as adults we forget what it's like to be a kid and be amazed by the simplest things in life. I'm glad that we have WDW in our lives to allow us to be kids again!:love:

That gets me everytime too :cutie:

But this was very special to me. The first time I took the twin to WDW, one of the has autism and at the time he didn't have much eye contact & spoke very little, mostly to request things like food, toys, etc.

we went to WDW they didn't know much about Mickey and the gang... Our first day at MK, we waited in line for approx 45 min to see Minnie, when it was our turn my DS was sooooo excited, he was jumping up and down and Minnie just immited him (she was awesome). He gave her the biggest hug :lovestruc He was beaming.

The next day we saw Mickey with the sorcerer hat DS went to him gave him a big hug and told him "Mickey your so magical!" I had never heard him comment on anything or even use those words before...

From that day on he started commenting on everything :eek: :cheer2: Everyone was shocked when we returned. So now we go every year :thumbsup2

Awwww!:goodvibes:goodvibes

My Wife, my brother-in-law and I had planned a WDW-Trip for September this Year, it was supposed to be our Honeymoon-Trip. We were really looking forward to it, and my wife was really looking forward to Wishes, she really LOVED Wishes, everything about it: the fireworks, the music, the emotions... then, 3 days before our trip, she died.

I decided to play parts of the Wishes-Soundtrack on her funeral last week.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you incorporated the Wishes soundtrack for her funeral. She would have loved that. :hug:

Every time I see one of these threads pop up, I have to share this story!

DW and I tried for 6 1/2 years to have children. We ran all kinds of tests and docs could not come up with a defnitive reason why. During those 6 1/2 yrs, we fell in love with WDW. We spent much time on those trips talking and dreaming about a day where we could bring our kids with us and enjoy the magic.

Through what can only be explained as a miracle, on November 10, 2007 we were able to bring home our adopted dd from the hospital (we were presented with the possibility of an adoption only 3 months prior).

DD's first doll was a Minnie doll. Her 3rd word (after Daddy and Mommy) was "Ninnie".

In December 2008, we spent 5 nights at CSR. Our first park was DHS to watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at Playhouse Disney Live. We happened to show up at the hat and an incredibly amazing elderly lady CM said, "Would your lovely daughter like to meet Minnie and Daisy? They're coming out shortly." There was no line. When "Ninnie" came out, what happened could only be explained as magical. I snapped these photos to capture the very special moment that had deep meaning on many levels...

n509755429_5564208_8450.jpg

n509755429_5564209_8714.jpg

I will NEVER EVER forget this one.

I was just looking through the new "Let the Memories Begin" website and this picture and story was on there!! As soon as I saw the picture, I thought it looked familiar! How cool!!

If you want to hear some great magical moments, check out the website! I submitted my "Growing Up Disney" video (in my sig) and I hope to submit more but I'm having fun reading about other people's memories.

I was just looking through the new "Let the Memories Begin" website and this picture and story was on there!! As soon as I saw the picture, I thought it looked familiar! How cool!

That is very cool NikkiLovesWDW! After DW and I saw the announcement, we thought, we have to share our memory. Count me in the minority here on the DIS that loves the new theme. It's funny, because these types of threads are, by far, my favorite on the DIS, which is much in line with the theme.

It seems like it is for many others love these threads as well, yet the new theme is getting thrashed here on the DIS. :confused3

About 2 years ago we took my nephew for his 18th birthday to Disney World with us. He had never been to Disney and everyday was filled with awe for him. I hadn't and still haven't seen him smile as much as I did on that trip. Everyday was like having him when he was really little again. Not in an immature way, just in the smiles and expressions that you get to see in someone as they grow up. You know those expression of wonder, interest awe, etc. But the one that really got me was on last day of our stay he said "I love this place it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I feel like a little kid again". It made me cry because it kinda hit me he was all grown up and I got to see probably the last true experience of him allowing himself to be a little kid for an entire week. I truly treasure that experience because he is all grown up and I see him so mature but for a week he was a little kid again. He allowed himself to be a little kid again. When I think about it I get all teary eyed. It was just a really great trip and I've been to Disney so many times but to share it with my nephew was really special and I will treasure all those memories forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter