• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make Me Cry: Share your most emotional WDW experiences

Sunday

Mouseketeer
I need some :love::love::love:

Share all your most happy, teary, emotional WDW experiences.

For me, it's short and sweet...visiting MK for the very first time when DD was 18 months.

We were standing outside the gates, waiting for Mickey to arrive by train. The music started up, the train started pulling into the station, and for the very first time I saw DD's face as she looked up in wonder at the show that was happening before her eyes. I just absolutely BURST into tears. I bawled all the way through.

I still do.

Share yours!! Make me cry!!

went to dhs to watch fantasmic on arrival night.dd was 2/3?and had never seen a princess in person.the look on her face when all the princesses come around the lagoon on their pontoon boat was priceless.dw and dfreind of ours were both crying over dds reaction.
i know i have told this story before but it is one of the most memorial moment for me and disney.

On our first trip my daughter could not wait to meet Ariel. We saw her at her grotto and was completely starstruck! She wanted to know how Ariel got her feet and she asked my daughter how she got hers! It was a great conversation that I have on video and will never forget! When we were leaving that area. We asked her (still on video) what she thought and she said, "This is the bestest day of my life!" That right there, made everything worth it, for sure!

I need some :love::love::love:

Share all your most happy, teary, emotional WDW experiences.

For me, it's short and sweet...visiting MK for the very first time when DD was 18 months.

We were standing outside the gates, waiting for Mickey to arrive by train. The music started up, the train started pulling into the station, and for the very first time I saw DD's face as she looked up in wonder at the show that was happening before her eyes. I just absolutely BURST into tears. I bawled all the way through.

I still do.

Share yours!! Make me cry!!

That gets me everytime too :cutie:

But this was very special to me. The first time I took the twin to WDW, one of the has autism and at the time he didn't have much eye contact & spoke very little, mostly to request things like food, toys, etc.

we went to WDW they didn't know much about Mickey and the gang... Our first day at MK, we waited in line for approx 45 min to see Minnie, when it was our turn my DS was sooooo excited, he was jumping up and down and Minnie just immited him (she was awesome). He gave her the biggest hug :lovestruc He was beaming.

The next day we saw Mickey with the sorcerer hat DS went to him gave him a big hug and told him "Mickey your so magical!" I had never heard him comment on anything or even use those words before...

From that day on he started commenting on everything :eek: :cheer2: Everyone was shocked when we returned. So now we go every year :thumbsup2

Back in 2000 my son was 2 years old and I was pregnant with my daughter. My parents had recently moved out of state and my ex and I were dreading Thanksgiving without family. I just happened to find cheap airfare to Orlando, so we jumped on it. We even invited my father-in-law and his new wife, despite the fact that I had sworn I would NEVER vacation with them again after a disastrous road trip several years prior. I don't know what possessed me to invite them, but I did.

We didn't plan the trip around WDW, but we did end up spending 2 days at MK once we realized how much my 2 year old son loved it. The Christmas decorations were up and we took tons of pictures. My father-in-law and my son were like best buddies and they just had a blast together. Little did we know my father-in-law would die suddenly from lung cancer, just 2 months later. I am forever glad that I invited them to join us and will always believe that God had a hand in things. We still look at those pictures often - they make us cry and laugh and smile all at once.

This past trip, my first night in WDW, at MK. Originally this was to be the last night of the Magical Electric Parade-only later did we learn it was to be extended and we might see it twice YEAH!!

We found a spot at the end of the parade near the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon area and the anticipation was great. And then that moment when we heard the music ( it was me, sister and DD and we've all seen in before), I literally just got so emotional that tears instantly started. :cloud9:

It's unexplainable how I feel when I hear/see that parade:love:

This is mine.

ry%3D400

Our first trip, our 3 youngest kids talking excitedly about what could be around the next corner. It was then I realized how much fun we were having as a family and how it was bringing the kids together.

2 years ago on the Ides of March(15th),I was in MK. I was just about to go into Country Bear Jamboree when I asked the CM if I could stay for a minute after the show and have them open the curtain where Big Al was and they could take my picture with him real quick. He said unfortunately they couldn't do that but B.A. might be in the Frontierland Hoe-Down taking place in a half hour and he called the character hotline to see if he was,and he was!! I got my picture taken with the real Big Al. The reason I wanted my picture was when I was a child my father used to sing There Is Blood On The Saddle and my sisters and I thought it was a stupid song he made up. When we went to CBJ for the first time,can you imagine the looks on our faces when Big Al came out and started singing?? Ever since, I have wanted my picture taken with B.A. in honor of my dad.

Cinderella singing "The Wheels on Bus" with my then 3 year old in the castle. It was just my dd and Cinderella on her throne; no one was even in the waiting area. I cried because I forgot to turn on the video camera.

There are so many but this is the 1st one that comes to mind.

We live in Fl and only 45 mins away, well my DD was in high school and the school band marches in the parade every year, Disney has the best music program, We she was in color guard, her senior year and captain of the team, she lead the parade down main street, behind the banner of her school with her team following behind and then the rest of the band. People around us were saying wow what a great band and look at the pretty girl leading them, I could not believe people were videoing them for their vacation memories, This lady turned to me and said Oh my isn't that girl so beautiful, and I simply replied that's my daughter.. and the tears began, I'm crying now thinking about that moment.

WOW I need a Kleenex..

About four years ago taking my oldest grandnephew (who now works at WDW) through Main Gate in my car and thinking he should have been in the back seat and JudySue should have been next to me talking to both of us. I still tear up when I think about it.

My niece was just the most precious thing when she was 5 (well, I still think she is pretty special at 11 going on 31!). We went with my sister, brother-in-law, my niece, my nephew, who was turning 7, my aunt and mom.

My niece was (and secretly still is) the hugest Cinderella fan. Our first night in WDW we arrived about 3PM and had ADR's at 1900 Park Fare at the GF.

She had a Cinderella gown she wanted to wear, the "glass" slippers and long white gloves. She came into my room before we left and asked if I would do her hair like Cindy's. Well, she was all done and ready to go, but a bit grumpy because my sister persuaded her to wear her white Keds instead of her "glass" slippers for comfort. She did, but wasn't too sure about it!

We waited at the restaurant entrance and they had their pictures taken with Fairy Godmother, and we were shown to our table - about halfway back in the restaurant.

Now our kids have never met a buffet they didn't like. In fact, in those days, we used to always eat at the buffets, as we found it easier to find something they would eat - as opposed to shelling out for another plated meal that they would inevitably end up not liking and picking at, then you felt like you wasted money on that meal. They felt grown up picking out their own foods, made a big deal about it, and would happily eat what they chose. If by some chance they tasted something not to their liking, no problem, just go back up and choose something else. This made everyone happy - especially my brother-in-law who is one of those - "clean your plate no matter what" types.

So imagine our surprise on this night when my brother-in-law said "Come on Kathleen, let's go fix your plate" and she didn't move. She sat down, saw Cinderella on the other side of the room and locked onto her like a laser beam! We told her that no characters would come while we were gone, but she didn't care. When my brother-in-law offered to fix her a plate and asked what she would like, she said "Anything Daddy - just food". We rolled! :rotfl:

Once her food was in front of her, my mom suggested she take her gloves off to eat, to which she said in astonishment "Grammy!! A Princess does NOT take off her gloves to eat!!". LOL. We were all in amazement, as we had never seen her so focused on anything before!

Well, once Cinderella and her Prince made it to our table, she just stood up and gave her the biggest hug. Cinderella got down to her level and just quietly talked to her for about 5 minutes. She made all over her outfit, hair, gloves and said she wished she had Keds on too. She called my niece her "twin" which just put the biggest smile ever on her face. Oh, she was all puffed up with pride! I looked around the table through my misty eyes and saw my entire family also sitting there smiling through tears. It was just so precious. You all know the feeling - at that moment you don't care what you have spent on the trip - you would gladly double it to see your child that happy!

After dinner, we went out towards the Marina to watch the fireworks. She walked in front of us, still puffed up with pride, and imitated how Cinderella walked - hands pointed outwards at her sides, gracefully lifing up her dress as she glided down the stairs. So cute!

Of course, she got us again a couple of days later at AK and the Festival of the Lion King - and her brother got in on it too. We adults sat in the row behind my niece and nephew. We watched them more than the show, I think, and marveled at them just sitting there together, singing their hearts out at every single song. When it was "Can You Feel The Love Tonight", we looked over at my brother-in-law who had put his sunglasses on to hide his emotions. You know how dark that theater is? We, once again, were so choked up, and so thankful that we were able to share WDW with them.

We've done numerous trips to WDW, 43, and a bunch of years ago, our daughter and boyfriend went to Disney with us, and we got to film and see him propose to her on one knee in the MK....special for us to be there ( he was very nervous all day ) the proposal had to take place at a special time, exactly where they met (both worked at WDW before). It was late in the day and we filmed the whole thing.

The other that stands out was a few years ago. We were headed to WDW and our son-in-law ( same pair from above) was going to Orlando to help move his father back up north. We wanted our daughter to come with him and we could all meet up for a few days together in WDW but she said she couldn't get away, work and they have a business too. She would call us each day of our stay (she know where we usually were around noon) we have picnic lunches at the pool and she would chat and ask what we did that morning and such and was sad she was in Ohio and we were in WDW ( she is a dedicated Disney Fanatic ). I really got depressed with her calls each day her not being there. Well about 3-4 days into our stay, we're at the pool and she's talking to her mother (both on cell phones ) and I'm sitting there and look up and she's standing a few feet away from us, suitcase in hand, still talking to her mom who has no clue it's her daughter standing in front of her that we both gasped at the same time. She flew down to surprise us and hubby and spent 3 days with us. We enjoyed that vacation more than any other, what a great surprise.

We took my DS, who was turning 6 at the time, to Disney for his birthday back in December 2007. At check-in at AKL the wonderful CM gave my son a Birthday pin. He wore it most of the time and got a few bday wishes. About the 6th day into our trip, my ds wasn't interested in wearing the pin anymore. So I had pinned it to my bookbag that I was carrying on my back.

I remember specifically that we were standing waiting for our ADR at Crystal Palace playing near the bridge to Adventureland. My back was to Crystal Palace and my son was facing it. It was the Year of a Million Dreams promotion and two Dream Team guys happened to walk past and tell my son Happy Birthday, Jerett. DS looks at me, looks back at them, looks back at me with wide eyes and goes on to say, "Mommy, how did they know it was my birthday? And how did they know my name?" I knew they had seen the pin on my bookbag, but he didn't know. I proceeded to tell him how I didn't know, as I gave a wink to my husband. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes with the castle in the backround and says, "Mommy, you ARE right! This place is magical!"

I filled up and smiled, knowing that I had accomplished to instill the magic into my child. I teared up then, and almost three years later....I'm tearing up now.

Well I started lurking after a long vacation from the DIS... due to post-Disney depression. ;) Saw this post and had to share our most magical moment from our trip this past May.
We were on our way from the teacups over to Cinderella's Carousel, around 915am... and we ran into Cindy's wicked step mother in front of Pooh's. She had a CM handler and it looked like they were on their way to a character greet, so we just waved. The CM sort of tersely said to my daughter that the Ladies were on there way somewhere and could not stop... then Lady T commented "I make my own schedule, maid!" and turned around to greet my daughter. She grabbed my baby girl's hand and started walking and talking with her. Lady T said that she was so misunderstood, that she's really not all that evil and she would teach DD how to get what she wants out of life. :rotfl: So I just fell back a bit, and watched them walk and talk all the way up to Dumbo (while taking pix of course!). A very magical moment, indeed. :goodvibes
IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/lauralong21
/IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg

I think mine has to be when my soon to be DH proposed last December. On Pirates (yes I know kinda crazy place) during the slow part, where your just gently sailing, he takes my hand in his. Then he whispered in my ear, "you are the most beautiful, intelligent, caring woman I have ever met, will you be my princess?" I turned to look at him and say of course I already am, not realizing what he was doing, at that moment he looked at me and said, "then marry me"...I started crying, the people in the boat turned around and started congratulating us. Once we got back to the dock, I was too stunned to move, my soon to be DH had to help me out of the boat.

Now we are going back for our Disneymoon, staying at the CBR, and riding POTC as many times as possible!

I lost a son (John Michael) 16 years ago to Cystitc Fibrosis. We never really talked about John to my son Zach (now 9) until he was 5 or 6 years old because we wanted him to understand a bit about Heaven before we did. During our Disney trip in 2007 (Zach age 6) we went to O'hana's for breakfast, the host was chatting with Zach on the way to our table and Zach starting telling her all about his big brother being in Heaven and that he never got to meet him but he loved him and missed him very very much. The CM didn't know what to say. As she left us at our table I could tell she was teary eyed. I thought Zach depressed her for the day. About 10 minutes later she came back to the table with a smile and certificate for Zach signed by all the characters and it said (from her) you are a very special little boy. I still have that certificate next to my bed in a little box Zach made in preschool.

The CM could have just went on her day and not really pay any attention to some little kids rambling but she made him feel important and I thank her very much for that.

Oh - there are so many!! So, so many-- Times as a child with my parents & siblings, Times with my own children (playing duck, duck goose with Chip & Dale, & Chip rocking my baby to sleep...)

But the one that really sticks out is when my DH was the honored veteran of the day at MK. We were there on our "family-moon"- he has 2 daughters, and I have 2 kids... we went to celebrate becoming a family. I had a "mini-surprise" for each person, and his was the first...

I was so proud as the announced his name, hometown and rank, and listening to the 4 kids lead the National Anthem... It was an awesome awesome moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter