Make Me Cry: Share your most emotional WDW experiences

We were on the bus from the resort to MK on our first trip. I had planned our vacation alone and DH had grudgingly gone along. The kids were so excited, peeking out the windows to try and see it. So was I, after planning for so long. DH looked at me and smiled (the same smile I fell in love with when I was sixteen) and said "thank you for planning this."

2 years ago on the Ides of March(15th),I was in MK. I was just about to go into Country Bear Jamboree when I asked the CM if I could stay for a minute after the show and have them open the curtain where Big Al was and they could take my picture with him real quick. He said unfortunately they couldn't do that but B.A. might be in the Frontierland Hoe-Down taking place in a half hour and he called the character hotline to see if he was,and he was!! I got my picture taken with the real Big Al. The reason I wanted my picture was when I was a child my father used to sing There Is Blood On The Saddle and my sisters and I thought it was a stupid song he made up. When we went to CBJ for the first time,can you imagine the looks on our faces when Big Al came out and started singing?? Ever since, I have wanted my picture taken with B.A. in honor of my dad.

Best story EVER, mickaholic4077!!! :thumbsup2

Here are 2 more "happier" teary eyed moments for me.

2002 was my son Zach's 1st trip (1 1/2 years old)

During the Mickey's BBQ we got on line to take photos with the Characters. As we got to Minnie's line she stopped the line, grabbed Zach from my arms, (he went happily with a huge smile) and walked away with him. I'm standing there thinking How do I explain Minnie kidnapped my kid. Anyway, she turned around after my silly thought and motioned for me to follow. She wanted to find the perfect spot to take a photo with him. She sat on a pile of hay, sat Zach on her lap and posed. I got so emotional.

Zach is now 9, we are going on his 9th trip and in all those years and years before he was born I have never seen a character hold a kid.

Same trip
Disney use to have a place in DD where you can get a private family photo with Mickey and a fake castle as the backdrop. Anyway, we got our family photo done and while they were developing it Zach had Mickey all to himself for a good 20 miutes. It was just me, my hubby, Zach ( 1 1/2 yo) and Mickey left in the room. All of a sudden Mickey got a ball from the closet and was playing soccer with Zach the whole time. Again I got emotional LOL

Well I started lurking after a long vacation from the DIS... due to post-Disney depression. ;) Saw this post and had to share our most magical moment from our trip this past May.
We were on our way from the teacups over to Cinderella's Carousel, around 915am... and we ran into Cindy's wicked step mother in front of Pooh's. She had a CM handler and it looked like they were on their way to a character greet, so we just waved. The CM sort of tersely said to my daughter that the Ladies were on there way somewhere and could not stop... then Lady T commented "I make my own schedule, maid!" and turned around to greet my daughter. She grabbed my baby girl's hand and started walking and talking with her. Lady T said that she was so misunderstood, that she's really not all that evil and she would teach DD how to get what she wants out of life. :rotfl: So I just fell back a bit, and watched them walk and talk all the way up to Dumbo (while taking pix of course!). A very magical moment, indeed. :goodvibes
IMG_0515.jpg

I love her :goodvibes

I have 2 that happened on the same trip.

1st- My son (now 9) LOVES the Hoop-De-Doo. Our table was one where we had to scoot over a little to give the characters room to sing the love song. When they asked us to move, my son said, "No problem. Anything I can do to help since this is my favorite thing in all of Disney." A few minutes later, they came back and asked him to be the Texas Ranger in the finale. He was so excited and still talks about his time of being a star at Disney! I was so teared up I could hardly see to take pictures...

2nd- Our last night of vacation, I was picking our free photo at the Epcot photo store. The CM noticed DH's haircut and asked if he was in the military. When I said yes, the CM asked if he was scheduled to deploy soon. This was actually our pre-deployment trip, so he was leaving in less than a month. The CM asked me to come back in a few minutes. When I got back, he handed me the picture I had chosen of the family AND one of just DH and me. He said, "This one is for his nightstand while he is deployed," and thanked us as a family for our service. I was bawling again! (And yes, the pic stayed on DH's nightstand for that whole deployment and went with him this time too!)

I had always wanted to got to Disney my whole life but we could never afford it. I got to go for the first time when I was 32. I remember being on the monorail and just looking out the window. When I saw the castle for the first time, I just started tearing up, then flat out crying.

The only 2 other people in the monorail, two teenagers, were laughing at me, and so was my husband but I didn't care. I had anticipated that moment forever and it didn't disappoint.

I need a tissue! I've been tearing up reading these. They are all wonderfully dear memories.
My only teary time, besides when leaving or arriving, was our wedding/honeymoon trip in Oct. 2007. My youngest DS was 6 at the time, we were getting married & honeymooning at Disney as a family.
When my DS6 saw me in my wedding gown he said to me, "Momma, you are the most beautiful princess in Disney World today." I was already emotional, he just put me over the edge, lol. For the rest of our trip, he told everybody who asked him how his trip was that he was having a great time with his princess mom!:lovestruc:lovestruc:love::love::cloud9:princess:

My husband and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon, October 2005.
It was our first night in the parks, and we had watched the electric light parade from right in the hub in front of the castle. We knew Wishes was starting in about 30 minutes, but people cleared out as if they were going home.

I went to the Main Street Bakery and got us coffee and we just sat on the bench talking, waiting for it to start.

As anyone who has seen Wishes knows, it is an amazing, beautiful display. It's so much more than just fireworks.

As the first white light arches over the castle, I look over at my new husband..... and burst into tears. I was just so completely happy at that moment. Everything was perfect, we were finally married and sitting in Disney. What more could we ask for in life? I still tear up thinking about it. :love:

Mine is kind of long...

My most recent trip was in July. All during the planning process there were SO many emotional, tearful moments.

First, my ds is 7 and we hadn't been since before he was born. WDW was AMAZING to me as a kid and later as an adult. It's very special to me and all those memories and feelings associated with it are treasures to me. So it goes without saying that I'd been looking forward to taking ds some day and experiencing that moment with him.

We didn't have a trip planned at all. In fact, in May it was confirmed that state budget cuts would cut my position (and over 1500 others statewide.) I knew I had my job until June 30. I was job hunting and scared. Not to mention devastated as this was my dream job and I still feel like it was my true calling.

Meanwhile my Uncle, his partner, their three children were planning their July WDW vacation with his sister (my aunt) and her four children. One of them mentions to my mom that she should join them. And asks about my family, too. Mom begins piecing together her schedule to see if she can go. (Finances not too much of an issue for her.)

I get a job interview. It goes very well. I wait. Mom calls. She's going. Is there any way possible we could go? I say unfortunately, no. I have no idea if I have this new job and even if I did, could I even get the time off so soon? Probably not. Even if I could, there's no way for us to afford it such short notice.

Mom mulls a day and then offers to take my ds. She'd pay for all. I mull. I know it will break my heart not to be there with him on his first trip but I also know without a doubt that I cannot deny my son a free trip to WDW. I felt trapped. After much thought that day, we decided we would allow him to go. We took him to dinner and told him. I couldn't eat. I choked up and had to fight not to cry all through dinner and the whole way home. At home I ran upstairs and sobbed. I cried every moment he wasn't around for the next day. I emailed mom and told her he could go because I just could not say the words out loud again. I don't remember the last time I cried that hard or felt that sad. Seriously. It's been years and years and I can honestly only think of one time in my life that I've ever been sadder.

The next day she sends a volley of emails. Isn't there ANY way we could go? Anything. A million suggestions. None work. MOney is just too tight.

She emails the following day. She absolutely cannot take him without me at least. She can't afford to take all three of us (dh, me and ds) but she can take money out of an extra account of hers for me and ds. She is desperate for me to go and basically says I MUST go. You know what? I Sobbed, talked it over with dh (who said ABSOLUTELY!) and agreed.

Then I got offered the job and was able to pay much more than I imagined. I told them when I got it, I had a week I had to take off. I was going to WDW. It was fine.

I cannot tell you how hard I cried, though, when I thought ds would go without me. It broke my heart to pieces. I'm so, SO thankful I was able to be there with him and witness all the other teary moments during the trip. <3

I have had many experiences that made me teary but here is the one that touched me the most.

My mom, hubby, 2 daughters and I were watching the afternoon parade at MK. A family with a young boy in a wheelchair came and stood beside us. It appeared that the boy had CP. As the characters came by it seemed that everyone waved, blew a kiss or somehow enteracted with the boy in the wheelchair. I stopped watching the parade and began watching the joy on the boys face as the parade went by. The best part was when the princesses came by. One by one they came over and gave him a kiss. He was so happy it brought tears to my eyes. I met eyes with his mother and she was openly crying. It was so touching. I didn't realize till later that my mom and husband were also watching the boy. When we talked about our best part of our day we all said it was watching him watch the parade. It is still our favorite memory of that trip.

So after my long sob story, I have a couple more shorter ones.

My cousin turned 7 while we were there. She's obsessed with Tink. This was her first Disney trip ever. When Tink flew from the castle during fireworks, her eyes grew wide and her mouth opened. She froze for about 10 seconds and then just burst into tears and sobbed for the next fifteen minutes with HAPPINESS. We all cried!

When ds and I wandered off on our own during our first day at the MK. We'd not met any characters yet as the rest of our large group didn't want to wait in long lines. So we just meandered through Frontierland, had a mickey bar, did some shopping and had some wonderful Mommy/son time. Then he spotted Donald and was SO EXCITED! I immediately teared up and we got in line. Watching him meet his first character is a moment I will NEVER forget.
Disney2010064.jpg

When he met Buzz and Woody. He was so flipping excited. Buzz was the only character that he'd talked about HAVING to meet. He wanted to meet Buzz so badly. Again, we went off on our own, had some quality time and then waited to meet Buzz and Woody and it was amazing! I cried again and couldn't contain it. Woody mimicked me wiping my eyes. <3
Disney2010262.jpg

During the Celebrate Parade, my Aunt was exclaiming over every character and finally just burst into tears of happiness.

Sharing the Electric Light Parade with ds. It was my favorite as a child and I dreamed of it, literally, for years after my last childhood trip.

I could honestly go on and on and on. So many wonderfully emotional moments. :lovestruc

We've had lots of magical moments at WDW, but the one that still causes me to tear up was when our oldest DS (now 4, then almost 2) met Baloo at AK. Baloo knelt onto the ground, hugged DS, rocked him, and played with his curls. Then after a few moments of this, he stood up, took DS by the hand and walked off with him. The CM got into the fun of things and was yelling, "BALOO! That's not Mowgli! Bring him back! His parents aren't going to like this!" Baloo took DS behind a building, peeked out and waved to us. Then a few seconds later, he walked back out, still holding DS' hand and walked him back over to us. DS was smiling and looking up at Baloo the whole time. Everyone in line to see Baloo got such a kick out of it, and I was an emotional mess b/c it was just so cute and sweet! We just couldn't believe at how awestruck DS was with Baloo, and that he didn't even cry when Baloo led him away from us. We got a couple of pictures, but I really wish we had gotten it on video.

So mine is not something that happened while AT Disney, but long after we got home...

About a week ago, 20 minutes after I'd tucked my DS6 into bed and was downstairs in the kitchen, I heard him call me back up to his room. Thinking it was probably another excuse to not go to sleep, I opened the door and said, "Honey, what do you need?"

He told me that thought "he had just cried tears of joy." He'd been having a hard time falling asleep, so he lay very still on his back, holding his Pluto buddy on his chest. It made him remember all of the wonderful times we'd had at Disney, and it made him cry.

So I asked, "But just happy tears, right?"

And he said, "Yes, and I think I'm going to do it again."

Melt. Really. Just.... melt. :love:

I need a tissue! I've been tearing up reading these. They are all wonderfully dear memories.
My only teary time, besides when leaving or arriving, was our wedding/honeymoon trip in Oct. 2007. My youngest DS was 6 at the time, we were getting married & honeymooning at Disney as a family.
When my DS6 saw me in my wedding gown he said to me, "Momma, you are the most beautiful princess in Disney World today." I was already emotional, he just put me over the edge, lol. For the rest of our trip, he told everybody who asked him how his trip was that he was having a great time with his princess mom!:lovestruc:lovestruc:love::love::cloud9:princess:

OK, I was good and tear-free up to this point. *sniffle* :)

Mine is kind of long...

My most recent trip was in July. All during the planning process there were SO many emotional, tearful moments.

First, my ds is 7 and we hadn't been since before he was born. WDW was AMAZING to me as a kid and later as an adult. It's very special to me and all those memories and feelings associated with it are treasures to me. So it goes without saying that I'd been looking forward to taking ds some day and experiencing that moment with him.

Such a beautiful story!
I don't have kids, but I couldn't imagine not being there on my child's first trip to Disney. It's awesome that you got to be there! :thumbsup2

Don't have a story but I just want to subscribe and say I LOVE when these threads come up! I can barely read the posts with the tears in my eyes! It really is just such a magical place and something you can never explain when people ask you why you're going to Disney again.

I can't wait to take my unborn children to WDW! I cry when I see the castle for the first time each trip...I'm going to be a sobbing mess with children!

Just being there is an emotional experience! :cloud9:

I remember one time we were watching the High School Musical street party in DHS, and the cast members came into the crowd to pick people for the show. They came up and took the hand of a mentally handicapped girl in a wheelchair, and led her out to be the star. I just started crying. Disney is the best.

When I have kids, I know there will be many more experiences to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter