Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

My mother's day has been very nice so far. We had yummy breakfast take out. Morgan played video games with me and Gwen for a good amount of time. And I got refill on my Sea Salt Shampoo and Body Wash, so I can pretend I am at Disney while I shower. Ha!

Sounds blissful!
Oh! Really!?! I must have missed it.
Yes, temp scans gone now at all parks and now dining places too. Good riddance!! Also, the Star Hotel place is set to open 2022. Lots of good things happening!

Good idea!! I will admit last time, I didn't 100% feel comfortable leaving the girls in the hotel room by themselves. I know they would be fine. But my mom brain just starts coming up with all kinds of strange scenarios that would of course never happen. Maybe if we were at a monorail resort I would feel better about it. By maybe just an evening in EPCOT by ourselves... a mini drink around the world...
Yea, I totally get that!! With Jimmy being an only child, I probably still wouldn't leave him, just because he'd be totally alone. At least your girls would have each other LOL

Also, on our Highway in the Sky night, there were two couples who actually had their children along, too. Not sure what the cost is to include them, but nice to know it's an option to have them along.

Mini drink around the world is always a good idea! :)

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry that I have gone MIA. There just hasn't been anything to plan... And life has slowly ramped up with things to do... Crazy, I know... But yet I feel like we are still in hybernation... Is that possible?

I hope everyone is doing well. We did get a pool and we are working on finishing up the deck to go with it. That is our summer vacation!

So, planning... I feel like I am totally out of practice! It's 60 days for dinning reservations, right? Which means, my reservation day will be December 4th. Which is ironically when I was secretly hoping we could do a short Christmas trip. But I have to let go of that. We are talking about going Hawaii in June 2022, so really we need to save our $$$$.

There has been alot of announcements since the last time I posted anything. The biggest one for me is the extended hours for deluxe guests. I know it sucks for folks not staying at a deluxe resort but the extra magic hours had just gotten so crowded that it just wasn't worth it. And I do think this is a good way to bring that back down to a nicer level. I hope we can take advantage of it when we are there in February.

There were some dinning openings, that were announced. Ohana reopened yesterday. I am torn on the new menu items. But the noodles and potstickers are still there. So, that is good. I think that I might book Hoop Dee Doo Review instead of Ohana if that reopens before our trip. But we will see!

Restaurants:

• La Crêperie de Paris:tink:
  • Space 2020:tink:
  • Ohana:tink:
  • BOMA
  • Artist Point
  • Hoop Dee Doo Review
  • Liberty Tree Tavern:tink:
  • Woody's BBQ Restaurant

Rides/Events:

• Mickey's Runaway Railway :tink:
  • Ratatouille :tink:
  • Tron
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Splash Mountain - Holding Strong...
  • Harmonious :tink:
  • Jingle Bell Jingle BAM (obviously if we go to November only)

Sorry that this isn't a very exciting post. I just kind of wanted to get back into the swing of things...

Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

I can understand how busy life has gotten. Congrats on the pool! I'm sure the girls are going to love it.

I was excited to see Ohana open. Seems to be something happening almost every few days.

Good Morning Everyone!

See, getting back into posting regularly! I forgot the other thing I wanted to add in yesterday.

My sister and husband was here 4th of July weekend. And I was really hoping we could sway them to go to Disney with us but... they have a trip already planned! I am happy for them but that means my dreams of them coming with us are gone. At least for now.

It probably is for the best. We will be able to do the trip how we want.

I wish I had more to talk about, but I think I have a little bit more time before I will have anything really worth talking about. I am looking forward to see what Festival of Arts will have. But that will be awhile. They still need to announce Christmas stuff!

I just looked at airfare this morning. I "think" we will fly American Airlines. Before Covid we signed up for frequent flyer points. So we have a few points but we will want to add to that for Hawaii. It looks like there are plenty of choices and the prices aren't too bad yet. I just need to get Andy to agree to book airfare sooner than later. Before they get pricey!

We are planning a Hawaii trip too! Plan is to fly out Sunday 6/26! Original plan was to do our last 2 nights at Aulani, but I just can’t make it work with our budget
To be honest I haven't priced anything yet.. I do have to start planning stuff! What islands do you think you are going to go to? We are thinking Maui and O'hau. But I was thinking a similar thing but we will see... I do think we will stop in Disneyland on the way there. So, that might have to do and we skip Aulani.

All the reports of cancelled flights doesn't help either.
Ugh!!! I know! Hopefully by Feb. the airlines will have there *hit together.

To be honest I haven't priced anything yet.. I do have to start planning stuff! What islands do you think you are going to go to? We are thinking Maui and O'hau. But I was thinking a similar thing but we will see... I do think we will stop in Disneyland on the way there. So, that might have to do and we skip Aulani.
Those are the 2 islands we plan to visit. My plan is 5 nights in Maui, then 5 nights in Oahu. My parents will be going with us and we are covering lodging (one of our girls will stay in their room) so that's limiting our budget.

I hope everyone is doing well. We did get a pool and we are working on finishing up the deck to go with it. That is our summer vacation!
Well that is some exciting news right there! Let me know when its finished and we'll christen it for you :earboy2:

Which means, my reservation day will be December 4th. Which is ironically when I was secretly hoping we could do a short Christmas trip. But I have to let go of that. We are talking about going Hawaii in June 2022, so really we need to save our $$$$.
Funny that is the day that we are due to go down next (though I'm toying with going back down for my bday next month, the bug is definitely back). Just sayin in case you aren't quite ready to let it go....

The biggest one for me is the extended hours for deluxe guests. I know it sucks for folks not staying at a deluxe resort but the extra magic hours had just gotten so crowded that it just wasn't worth it. And I do think this is a good way to bring that back down to a nicer level. I hope we can take advantage of it when we are there in February.
I'm so with you. Extra magic hours had become a complete cluster. As long as they are adding something for those already paying more vs taking something away from other resort guests I'm all in favor of it. There is such little benefit left to staying onsite every little something helps.

I wish I had more to talk about, but I think I have a little bit more time before I will have anything really worth talking about. I am looking forward to see what Festival of Arts will have. But that will be awhile. They still need to announce Christmas stuff!
Looks like with the Xmas stuff getting announced you may have some more to talk about 🎄

We did get a pool and we are working on finishing up the deck to go with it.

Fun! Your girls are at good ages so you should get some use out of it!

We are talking about going Hawaii in June 2022, so really we need to save our $$$$.

I think we may have talked about this before, but we’ll be going to Aulani in early June 2022! Probably won’t be able to island hop but we should have enough points for a week in Oahu 😊

There has been alot of announcements since the last time I posted anything. The biggest one for me is the extended hours for deluxe guests

Ironically, as someone who mostly stays deluxe or DVC, I could really care less about this perk. I’m much more apt to do early morning than stay up til midnight. Who knows? Maybe I’ll give it a try, but staying up late is not my thing.

They still need to announce Christmas stuff!

Looks like they did make some announcements today🎄🎄🎄🎄

There has been alot of announcements since the last time I posted anything.

Yes, there sure have!! Like almost daily.
The biggest one for me is the extended hours for deluxe guests. I know it sucks for folks not staying at a deluxe resort but the extra magic hours had just gotten so crowded that it just wasn't worth it. And I do think this is a good way to bring that back down to a nicer level. I hope we can take advantage of it when we are there in February.

I have mixed feelings on this. Tend to think it's okay. Maybe something else for all prop guests, but deluxe is VERY $$ and aside from the rooms/grounds, I think a little something something is a good idea.
Space 2020:tink:
Hmmmm, wonder if it'll open by the 50th. Thinking so, and might have to do it!!

199 DAYS!!!!

We broke the 200 day mark! It's still VERY far away but mentally feels good. What is crazy, is back in the day, I would really need to have my restaurant list ready for the 180 day mark. But not now and it's kind of nice that you don't have to decide just yet.

Anyone else pretending that all of the holiday announcements aren't there? Or that all of the food and wine food just looks horrible? .... No? .. That's just me trying to find a way to make me not plan a trip that I can't go on just yet...

In all seriouslness, all of the new food & wine booths look so good! Makes me wish me and Andy could go on an adults only trip this fall. But that is not in the cards for us. So, if you are going this fall, please share pics of all your yummy food!

We broke the 200 day mark! It's still VERY far away but mentally feels good.

It's progress!

What is crazy, is back in the day, I would really need to have my restaurant list ready for the 180 day mark. But not now and it's kind of nice that you don't have to decide just yet.

Crazy how much planning has changed.

In all seriouslness, all of the new food & wine booths look so good! Makes me wish me and Andy could go on an adults only trip this fall. But that is not in the cards for us. So, if you are going this fall, please share pics of all your yummy food!

I can't wait to try some of the food from F&W. I'll be posting on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanksgiving Day:
So, first order of business... I have been thinking about what we should do on Thanksgiving Day.

The plan is to fly out Wednesday afternoon. The girls always have a half day the day before the holiday. So, I hope to get a flight that we get after they are done with school. So, we will more than likely get in late-ish. And with the next day a holiday. I am thinking that we want to have a fairly relaxing day. So, going into the park is an option but I am really leaning towards spending the day at the resort.

The front runner for me really is to just relax at the resort for the day. Take advantage of the pool and maybe even rent a cabana for half a day?

I think renting a cabana may make it seem more "special" of a day. And almost force us to not be tempted to head into a park.
View attachment 551225
It would be really nice to have an area for us to relax and not worry about the people around us. And to have a server to get us some lunch and drinks sounds like a dream! It looks like for a half day reservation would be from 10:00 - 2:00 for $150. Not cheap but for a special day I think it might be worth it.

Even if we don't rent a cabana, I do think we will spend some time at the pool. I am sure we will be itching to get into the parks. But I just think that it will be worth waiting a day for it to be less crowded and to let us recharge from travel day.

If we stick to this, where should we eat for dinner? I have a short list that I have been pondering...

Dinner Options:
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - We love it here and if nothing else fried chicken is close to turkey, right? I know they had a special thanksgiving slider this past year. And I just love those Fried Green Tomatoes.
View attachment 551228

Morimoto Asia - This would be the other option if we ventured to Disney Springs. I would be willing to swap turkey for those rib and sushi.
View attachment 551230

Liberty Tree Tavern - We ate here for the first time on our last trip before all of this. And I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by it! I always avoided it because it just seemed so heavy for the heat of Florida. But it would be the most traditional meal we would get. BUT I just don't know if I want to even try and venture into a park this day. And if we wanted to get in later in the day just for a ride or two and then dinner?
View attachment 551229

Yachtman Steakhouse - I think this is the front runner. Granted it needs to reopen first! But I do like the idea of just completely relaxing at the resort of the entire day. We have never been here and have been meaning to.
View attachment 551231

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Thoughts?

So, the other factor to all of this is that I believe that Black Friday, we will go and visit my grandparents in Sebring, Florida. We rented a car the summer of 2019 to visit them. And it wasn't that bad of a drive. I am thinking if we have a quiet relaxing Thanksgiving we will be able to get up and go fairly early. We would only spend a few hours with them, as that is probably all my grandfather can really handle at this point. But maybe we can be back to Disney by late afternoon, we could possibly head to a park, FINALLY!

Has anyone been in Disney on Thanksgiving? How busy was it? Has anyone rented a cabana before? Do you think it is worth it? What is the best restaurant to go to for Thanksgiving?
Do all the resorts do cabana rentals? I’m currently planning our first family trip since the births of my daughter and my niece, and renting a cabana seems like a great convenience with babies in tow!

Do all the resorts do cabana rentals? I’m currently planning our first family trip since the births of my daughter and my niece, and renting a cabana seems like a great convenience with babies in tow!
Unfortantly no. I believe it is only Beach & Yacht Club (as they share a pool), Grand Floridian and then Contemporary. Others have cabana like areas that are first come first serve. But those are the only two that have ones you can rent and have dedicated server.

But I know the poly has some that are first some first server along with Art of Animation. And with a baby in tow, totally would be nice. Especially if they can nap there!

Unfortantly no. I believe it is only Beach & Yacht Club (as they share a pool), Grand Floridian and then Contemporary. Others have cabana like areas that are first come first serve. But those are the only two that have ones you can rent and have dedicated server.

But I know the poly has some that are first some first server along with Art of Animation. And with a baby in tow, totally would be nice. Especially if they can nap there!
Oh bummer! We’re staying at the AKL. Thanks for the info, though!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Friday! Andy and I are off today. And I am sitting her trying to decide what to do. Since we aren't doing a real summer vacation, I just made a bunch of long weekends. But we never planned anything. I think we might just hang by the pool today, which is fine but I just feel like we need to DO SOMETHING!

And then, we were floating around the pool and out of the blue Andy says, what if we don't want to go to Hawaii because of the state of Covid. It is a really long flight. I mean I hope things are better. But it's a big trip to plan and pay for... So, his suggestion as a back up trip?!?! Anyone have any quesses?!?!

Disney! We talked about a possible no park trip. Possibly a split stay at the Poly and Yacht Club, so we could do a pool day at each resort. Maybe do a water park or 2. Do mini golf, surrey bikes, those kinds of things. A lot of our favorite restaurants aren't even at the parks, so we could easily eat our way without stepping foot into a park.

Granted, we may want a visit to MK or EPCOT... we will see. Nothing was decided. I think we will see how things go for a bit before we decide obviously which way we want to go. But I said it was a solid back up plan!

but I just feel like we need to DO SOMETHING!

YES!!! For REAL!
Disney! We talked about a possible no park trip. Possibly a split stay at the Poly and Yacht Club,

Nice!!
so we could do a pool day at each resort. Maybe do a water park or 2. Do mini golf, surrey bikes, those kinds of things. A lot of our favorite restaurants aren't even at the parks, so we could easily eat our way without stepping foot into a park.
Such GREAT options!! A Disney vacation without even going to a park- because there really IS that much to do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter