Making lowball offers to match what is showing up on Fidelity?

I also had an opportunity to pick up a similar contract for $100 per point but had countered at $95 and then someone else picked it up, so you can definitely get SSR in the $95-$100 pp price range right now.

Because that specific broker may be crappy to deal with, as in one with a history of issues in accurately administering/brokering a sale, such as incorrect points, home resort, or existing reservations not disclosed. All of which have occurred within the past year with this broker.
I guess you get what you pay for sometimes???

Offer it

Let us know how it goes
I just sold a 50 pt contract through them and asked about that very listing. The agent was candid and mentioned that the seller was adamant about pricing that way, and menitoned that they told that seller it was way too high and is only going to make other reasonably priced listings (like mine) sell, which it did. I am not sure why sellers think think that their listings are worth so much more than everyone elses 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I just sold a 50 pt contract through them and asked about that very listing. The agent was candid and mentioned that the seller was adamant about pricing that way, and menitoned that they told that seller it was way too high and is only going to make other reasonably priced listings (like mine) sell, which it did. I am not sure why sellers think think that their listings are worth so much more than everyone elses 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Except for RIV, all points are the same. The only difference is price.

We are exploring selling our points. I reached out to Fidelity first because they have the lowest commission. After two weeks and reaching out to several brokers I moved on. Just submitted my info to the sponsor site.

Anyone have any thoughts on how low of an offer is going to just be “insulting” and piss off the broker and/or not be communicated because you’re seen as wasting time? At this point https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ seems to be running $25-$30 less per point with it’s listings for nearly every type of contract. (And the contracts are generally way more loaded) than the board sponsor or some of the other big players. If I make an offer that is $20 or $25 below list price on, for example DVC Resale Market, am I just wasting everyone’s time? Even if those are the prices that are showing on Fidelity? Thanks in advance for opinions.
You can always offer anything you want. I have bought through both and I think as long as you’re being respectful (not just offering an offer for the sake of it), any site should present the offer to the seller. You can also reference other sites (ie I want your contract because it’s a more preferred use year but I saw same size contract for $10 less a point on another site so i wanted to make X offer). I think it’s reasonable.

I believe the broker in question is the one who charges an “administrative fee” to buyers - so no, I don’t think buyers get what they pay for, based on the number of problems reported here.
I believe the PP was referring to the fact that other brokers charge a higher commission and that you “get what you pay for”.

I wonder if they just haven’t updated this in a month or so since the prices started crashing. Out of curiosity I just put a 100 point Saratoga Springs contract into their calculator and it came up with 127 expected value and 105 instant sale. There’s no way that’s true and I doubt they’re going to buy contracts themselves for 105. SSR seems to be selling for 105 or less pretty regularly per the ROFR thread.

I believe the PP was referring to the fact that other brokers charge a higher commission and that you “get what you pay for”.
Okay, but the buyers don’t pay the commission, the sellers do. However the buyers do pay the administrative fee that no other brokers charge. So when buying via the broker in question, buyers pay more in fees but don’t necessarily get more in service.

I believe the broker in question is the one who charges an “administrative fee” to buyers - so no, I don’t think buyers get what they pay for, based on the number of problems reported here.
Yes, I agree.. I was referring to the people who use them because they have "cheaper" contracts. You may get a contract for a few dollars per point less, but you have to deal with the mess- I don't think it is worth it.

I wonder if they just haven’t updated this in a month or so since the prices started crashing. Out of curiosity I just put a 100 point Saratoga Springs contract into their calculator and it came up with 127 expected value and 105 instant sale. There’s no way that’s true and I doubt they’re going to buy contracts themselves for 105. SSR seems to be selling for 105 or less pretty regularly per the ROFR thread.
When I listed my 50 pt contract they let me know that they would buy it back at $115, so yes, they will buy it but it is less than what you can if you sell for with a regular listing.

When I listed my 50 pt contract they let me know that they would buy it back at $115, so yes, they will buy it but it is less than what you can if you sell for with a regular listing.
Was that within the last couple of weeks? Because prices have crashed and they are going to lose money if they don’t adjust those instant sale prices.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a “lag” they use When updating the website. I doubt they would just “take it” at that price right now. I’d imagine the instant sale begins a process whereby a broker contacts you to learn more and make an official offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter