Status
Not open for further replies.
Op, can you not just share a bed with your mom to at least alleviate one problem? Idk if your male or female. It’d be kinda weird if you are a boy. But, if not, can y’all sleep in the same bed?

My son is 15 and we managed last summer at a Hyatt (when they never brought the rollaway promised when they couldn’t get us a two-bed room) by making a wall of pillows. :)

OP, you've gotten a lot of good suggestions. You might want to hope over to the disABILITIES board for some additional information.

I understand your frustrations, but a lot of your issues are not Disneys fault at all, and maybe a little more on your planning. If you stated your Mom's needs for a room closer to transportation, then go to the front desk, again, and ask them to change your room.

I don't think I've ever been on Spacesip Earth when the ride hasn't stopped a few times.

With both of your having physical limitations, you should look into scooter rental, and try not to be so aggressive in your scheduling.
I think we have to consider the fact that rides are stopped for things other than breakdowns, too. They need to stop when handicapped are boarding or being transferred to the car. They also can be stopped because the CM watching the video sees a guest doing something that could harm them, others, or the ride itself.

I agree planning was off. Complaining that they missed the very last illuminations because they had reservations to eat and were eating at the show's scheduled time is on them-not Disney. I would imagine folks were getting their spot by 5 or 6 PM knowing how many people would try to be there that night. I know when I was there in May we figured it didn't matter if we got there 5 minutes before 9 because we had the fast pass for them and ended up not being able to see a good share of the globe stuff.

I’m sorry about all of the problems you encountered. I am curious about the issue with your Magic Band. Did this happen when you tried to enter the park? Did it flash blue and then you were sent to Guest Services? I had the same thing happen at Hollywood Studios a few months ago. It was so strange. Even the CM who was working there acted like she had never encountered this problem. We have annual passes, and we had entered several parks in the preceding days with no issue. When the CM pulled up my account, she was able to see this, but for some reason our magic bands weren’t synching properly that day. I still don’t understand it. I even had an extra Magic Band for my DD along with me, and we tried that one, and it was the same problem. I’m curious if you were able to get any more information as to the nature of the problem? The whole thing was very odd and a major inconvenience that took up a lot of our time. I’m sorry to hear it happened to you also. This is the only time I’ve heard about this happening to someone else.

I’m sorry about all of the problems you encountered. I am curious about the issue with your Magic Band. Did this happen when you tried to enter the park? Did it flash blue and then you were sent to Guest Services? I had the same thing happen at Hollywood Studios a few months ago. It was so strange. Even the CM who was working there acted like she had never encountered this problem. We have annual passes, and we had entered several parks in the preceding days with no issue. When the CM pulled up my account, she was able to see this, but for some reason our magic bands weren’t synching properly that day. I still don’t understand it. I even had an extra Magic Band for my DD along with me, and we tried that one, and it was the same problem. I’m curious if you were able to get any more information as to the nature of the problem? The whole thing was very odd and a major inconvenience that took up a lot of our time. I’m sorry to hear it happened to you also. This is the only time I’ve heard about this happening to someone else.
FYI - this is why I always carry my AP too. Well the main reason. One day I realized as we approached the park that I left my MB in the room. Had my AP with me. Got right in and used it for the FP that day. Avoids having to pop over to GS. Just a suggestion for future instances. MB still have to access data from MDE and well, we all are all too familiar with how crappy that is

FYI - this is why I always carry my AP too. Well the main reason. One day I realized as we approached the park that I left my MB in the room. Had my AP with me. Got right in and used it for the FP that day. Avoids having to pop over to GS. Just a suggestion for future instances. MB still have to access data from MDE and well, we all are all too familiar with how crappy that is
I had my card with me that day, and it wouldn’t work either. It was the strangest experience. Even the CM at GS seemed like she wasn’t sure what to do. Eventually she got it working by giving us one-time use cards to enter the park. I was really worried about our FPs, but when we tapped our bands for them, it worked without any issues.

Cannot believe that this thread is still going as the OP has so many holes in it to make it not believable. The kid has mobility problems but is pushing a wheelchair around Epcot! Smells like a troll to me!

Disagreeing, even criticizing, isn't bullying. I do see some sarcasm on the last page of a thread about a bad restaurant experience, but unless there were some posts removed, there's no bullying.

Different volunteer Moderators will react differently. @LynneM fe of it necessary to remove one of more posts from this thread. The Restaurants Moderator(s) apparently did not feel there was anything wrong with the other thread.
Correct for sure...People ask for opinions and then if they get one they don't like...they cry bullying or dont like hearing anything they dont agree with.
I have disagreed with kaytieeldr on some occasions....but we also agree on others. The disagreements aren't bullying..its debate or differing opinions and that is what makes the world go round....

Last edited:
Ok, since several people are still not getting the message that accusing the OP of lying is a) rude, b) pointless, and c) not acceptable under our posting guidelines, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter