Maleficent/Murphy caught on fire during the 10:30pm 4/22 Fantasmic performance

I would think they will start shifting things over to some sort of LED lightshow & do away with all flammable props sooner or later.

I wouldn't cancel it just yet. They might still have the show. We're supposed to see it May 5, I'm just going to wait and see what happens before I cancel.

(oops. that was in reply to an above post about canceling reservations for May 19)

We will be there on 5/13 and waiting to see what happens. We have Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package booked, first show. Does anyone know if we can just keep the dining reservation if the show ends up being cancelled?

I booked Fantasmic for May 19, you think I should cancel?
It's been awhile since the last time we saw it, and we liked very much.

I would keep it. There is a version of Fantasmic that is almost identical except that the dragon is a projection. I think the plan is to run that version until they have figured out what they do with the dragon and pyrotechnics

I booked Fantasmic for May 19, you think I should cancel?
It's been awhile since the last time we saw it, and we liked very much.
I’m booked a package for the same day and I’m keeping it. Everything I’m seeing is they will still put the show on just with projections instead of the animatronic so I’m sticking with my plan unless they cancel the show all together.

On the app today when I try to book a Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining package, it says that the experience is not offered that date (this is for Saturday June 24). Now I am officially worried that Fantasmic will not be opening soon :(

On the app today when I try to book a Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining package, it says that the experience is not offered that date (this is for Saturday June 24). Now I am officially worried that Fantasmic will not be opening soon :(
The entertainment calendar doesn’t go out that far. It currently only goes until June 6.

It is still showing as playing this weekend. I have a BB F! Package for this Saturday. I do not think there is any reason to be concerned.

I noticed this too. But it was available for Friday June 23rd yesterday. Maybe it’s a glitch.

The entertainment calendar doesn’t go out that far. It currently only goes until June 6.

It is still showing as playing this weekend. I have a BB F! Package for this Saturday. I do not think there is any reason to be concerned.
I hope you are right! Yesterday I was able to book a Fantasmic Dining Package for Friday June 23. But now for June 24 (and all other dates I check in June) there is a message there that wasn't before. Definitely hoping it is a fluke or error!

I hope you are right! Yesterday I was able to book a Fantasmic Dining Package for Friday June 23. But now for June 24 (and all other dates I check in June) there is a message there that wasn't before. Definitely hoping it is a fluke or error!
The system is notoriously glitchy even in the best of times! We will know soon enough - my teenager finally said he would stay through nighttime entertainment and I was *so* excited when I got that BB reservation!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter