Maleficent/Murphy caught on fire during the 10:30pm 4/22 Fantasmic performance

Oh no! Hard to imagine Fantasmic is coming back anytime soon. Hopefully this isn't as devastating as it looks.

OMG, what a nasty couple days for DL - we were there Friday when the power went out resort-wide. This after the server issue on Thursday - I imagine there are a lot of unsatisfied vacationers this week…

A bit worried what this will mean for the Mark Twain and Tom Sawyer Island. Visiting next month. Missing Fantasmic is one thing, but it would be a shame if they have to take out the river traffic to allow repairs on the island.

A bit worried what this will mean for the Mark Twain and Tom Sawyer Island. Visiting next month. Missing Fantasmic is one thing, but it would be a shame if they have to take out the river traffic to allow repairs on the island.
According to the app, Tom's Sawyer's Island is closed. Mark Twain temporarily closed. Sailing Ship Columbia 11 to 4.

Edit to add: Mark Twain opening 9:45AM to 5:45PM and Columbia closed according to APP.

Last edited:
According to the app, Tom's Sawyer's Island is closed. Mark Twain temporarily closed. Sailing Ship Columbia 11 to 4.
That makes sense, they will need to do a damage assessment, possibly clear debris from the river.
I’m thinking about a longer closure of this area in the coming weeks due to repair works. That would be a bigger loss than missing Fantasmic.

I wonder what shows that could involve. World Of Color?
I’m going to guess maybe on that one but it doesn’t involve props so it’s possible that will continue. I think we won’t see the fire that accompanies fireworks for castle parks. I think it’s going to involve the Indy stunt show and possibly festival of the lion king which are both at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter