Marathon Weekend 2018

In 2015 I did the Palindrome....the Dopey....5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon, a 1/2 marathon Monday morning in FW starting at 3:30AM, then we got to the Dream for the cruise, Tuesday at 4AM out on deck for a 10K and Wednesday was the Inaugural Castaway Cay 5K. This year was going to be my last Mickey and without training for it by last night I was 100% sure it was; HOWEVER, I'm not doing too bad right now soooooo......McFlurry John will return in 2018. Just hoping for a bit warmer weather.

I am in for something, but haven't decided what yet. It will either be the full and the 10k or Dopey. I am leaning towards going for Dopey, so inspired by many stories I read over the weekend. I always run 48 hours before a race, and 10k is my favorite distance, so that is why 10k + full is my back up.

Just out of curiosity, I see lots of reports of beer stops at the end for people in EPCOT. Can one get a Margarita? I am not a big beer drinker (though DH has been working on that lately), but a margarita would be lovely.

Last edited:
Hubby is doing this for his first marathon!

DD (10 now will be 11 then) and I will be doing the 10K. Unsure if this will be her first 10K but it might be.

The teens will most likely be lazy teens and not run anything!

Coincidentally he and I will have celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary about a week before the race weekend. We honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge in 1997!

I'm thinking of doing either the full alone or the Goofy. One of my sons ran the full this year with some of his friends; my other son and my daughter ran the half last year when I ran Goofy. If one of them wants to do at least a half with me I'm in!

I am in for something, but haven't decided what yet. It will either be the full and the 10k or Dopey. I am leaning towards going for Dopey, so inspired by many stories I read over the weekend. I always run 48 hours before a race, and 10k is my favorite distance, so that is why 10k + full is my back up.

Just out of curiosity, I see lots of reports of beer stops at the end for people in EPCOT. Can one get a Margarita? I am not a big beer drinker (though DH has been working on that lately), but a margarita would be lovely.

You should be able to get one in the Mexico pavilion although I'm not sure what time the places open. Plus I'm guessing they'll have the new place in Mexico open by then.

I'm considering the Goofy for next year but we'll see how things go.

How is it that we've gone this long without a thread for next years's marathon weekend? I mean, it's less than 360 days away! I would love for @lhermiston to continue with the Sundays are for Disney questions, but if he doesn't want to, I'm sure we can find others to chip in.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm going to pass the baton. This weekend was amazing, but I'm not sure when I'll be making it down for another race.

I nominate @rteetz to carry the torch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!