Marathon Weekend 2018

Question for all you doing marathon & staying on-site

Any tips on hydration pre-race, specifically while being at WDW a few days prior?

Was thinking I probably should order a case or 2 of water to be delivered. FWIW we are staying CL.

I get groceries delivered and the bottled water is super cheap. 40 pack of 16.9 oz is $10.99. Way way cheaper than buying on property.

Any tips on hydration pre-race, specifically while being at WDW a few days prior?

Was thinking I probably should order a case or 2 of water to be delivered. FWIW we are staying CL.
Reminder that all Quick Service dining locations give our cups of free ice water. Take advantage of that.

That's what I do! A whole case of Essentia 1 Liter Bottles.

I love the other side. I can't believe they didn't show that before. I love the winged Mickey shoe! And WOW that medal looks huge!

One small (trying to be non-naggy) vote for a refillable water bottle. There are fountains at all the parks with nice cold water and it would sure save on plastic bottles.

One small (trying to be non-naggy) vote for a refillable water bottle. There are fountains at all the parks with nice cold water and it would sure save on plastic bottles.
:thumbsup2 I'll be naggy! ;) I've used a refillable Vapur bag-bottle for many years at WDW.

Thanks for the advice everyone! It was definitely not my prettiest run, but I did get it done. Apologies to all of the other runners in Wash Park this morning that had to listen to me wheeze...

Another vote for a refillable bottle! I don't like the water from the actual water fountains, but the ice cold water from any quick service place is great. Plus I find that having a larger capacity bottle (my camelbaks are 24 oz) with a straw, I drink more than I would otherwise.

:thumbsup2 I'll be naggy! ;) I've used a refillable Vapur bag-bottle for many years at WDW.

Thanks for the advice everyone! It was definitely not my prettiest run, but I did get it done. Apologies to all of the other runners in Wash Park this morning that had to listen to me wheeze...

Another vote for a refillable bottle! I don't like the water from the actual water fountains, but the ice cold water from any quick service place is great. Plus I find that having a larger capacity bottle (my camelbaks are 24 oz) with a straw, I drink more than I would otherwise.

Good ideas! Thnx for the reminder...one caveat...Not sure about DH but I really hate most municipal waters. Our well water is to. die. for. BUT on the same note I can *easily* buy those flavor thingies they have at grocery stores too.

I have a question to all. First time running is a Disney event will be in April at the dark half. After the race do any of you wear your medals around the park at all? If so, do any of the cast members or other people in the park say anything?

I have a question to all. First time running is a Disney event will be in April at the dark half. After the race do any of you wear your medals around the park at all? If so, do any of the cast members or other people in the park say anything?

You’ll find that answers to this question vary greatly.

Here’s the link to the 2018 Dark Side Half Marathon Thread - you can ask the specific group you’ll be running with about their experiences:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rk-side-weekend.3602476/page-12#post-58264866

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter