45? That was my lunch time run today. Shorts and a runDisney long sleeve tech shirt. 45 is about an ideal run day from my point of view
I mean 45 before the sun rises is a little different than 45 during lunch with some sun rays beaming down...

I have lived in Fl since 1986 and would mention that IMO, IN FLORIDA it's never too early to think about rain/wind/lightning/heat/cold.

totally unexpected No Name Storm https://www.weather.gov/tbw/93storm

Orlando now

https://www.google.com/search?q=orlando+weather&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

and January could be 60°F at start into the 70°F+ as the morning continues or 30°F+ at start

Sure, but the forecast is going to change 40 times in the next 40 days, so it feels premature to fret over it. Preparation is different and I highly recommend having a plan for rain, cold, heat, hangover, etc. Since I know I have the gear I need to run in just about anything, I’ll start looking at the weather a week out.

I have lived in Fl since 1986 and would mention that IMO, IN FLORIDA it's never too early to think about rain/wind/lightning/heat/cold.

totally unexpected No Name Storm https://www.weather.gov/tbw/93storm

Orlando now

https://www.google.com/search?q=orlando+weather&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

and January could be 60°F at start into the 70°F+ as the morning continues or 30°F+ at start
I guess whatever floats your boat but the weather outlook/forecast is going to change 100 times between now and then. I’m not going to seriously think about it until a week or so before I leave since that’s when we have a better idea of what could actually happen and even then that’s not very accurate many times.

We don't need our magic bands during the races right? I can leave it in my bag?
I run with mine and never notice it. I need it to get back in the room and don't want to leave it with gear check.

For the past two mornings I snoozed past my runs because it was 45* at 5am and that was just too cold for me. I don't know how you actual cold weather people survive.
It totally sucks, I don't know how either except for the same reasons as @SarahDisney . My eyes water most the time, but at least we haven't hit frozen eyelashes yet. Now, a 35 degree sunny 0 wind day can be nice.

A lot of layers and sheer stubbornness.
Ditto! Layers are our friends!

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that it's gonna rain, snow, thunderstorm, be 30 degrees, and be 80 degrees, all in one weekend.
It's Florida, so the above forecast is very likely.
How true that is!

It was hot two days ago and now it’s 53 degrees in Naples and it rained yesterday so it happens

I ran in my first semi-deep snow yesterday on the trails. The temp was 20 so that was fine; the problem was that I was only the second runner out on along with a x-country skier, so the snow was still 6 inches deep. Luckily it had not crusted over so it wasn't hard getting through. Only issue was a low spot in the first half mile that had water under the snow. My shoe was wet but it didn't soak my sock so I just kept going.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that it's gonna rain, snow, thunderstorm, be 30 degrees, and be 80 degrees, all in one weekend.
It's Florida, so the above forecast is very likely.
^ Nailed it.

We're having a cold snap here in FL right now - wind chills in the 30s overnight. But it'll be in the 80s again this weekend. This is how we roll in the Sunshine State!

If you are running with a watch but still want to keep your magic band on you, get a puck holder off of Etsy. Adds some bulk to your wrist strap but you don’t have to wear two separate things.

Serious, the only time a marathon is a good idea is when you sign up for the stupid thing, well before reality sets in. And even then, there’s some other influence talking you into it — like peer pressure.
It’s a good idea when you cross that finish line and think I might do this again. The runners high sets in and you end up signing up for another and think later why am I doing this? It’s a vicious cycle.

That was basically marathon weekend 2017, minus the snow.

Yes. In 2017, my kids were swimming in the pool and wearing shorts on Thursday/Friday, and by Sunday it was cold and windy.

2018 was just plain cold every morning. We did Dopey, so were out in it every morning. We layered and had mylar and throwaway blankets. Worked fine once in the corral. Because the temps were so perfect for me, and I had trained like I had for no other race, I ran my best marathon ever. Cold weather has been my friend for PRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter