Thanks for the times! I really have no idea what time we will all be done.

My times account for us going back to the condo to get cleaned up and recover a bit. If you are only do a quick drop by your room or changing in the park you are going to eat at, you will want much earlier times.

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, let's talk about goals ... again. A few months back (I think right after registration opened), I asked what your goals were for marathon weekend. Attached (I hope) are those responses. How do your goals look several months later? Have they changed?
Original Goals:
My number one goal is to finish my first full marathon, in one piece, and hopefully enjoying the journey! (I have A, B, and C time goals, but being my first marathon, I will keep those to myself.)

Well, I guess I kept my answer short and sweet! :rotfl2: That being said, my goals really haven't changed. I still think that A goal is a long shot (while technically possible under perfect conditions). My B goal is feeling very likely considering how well training has been going. But, if I find myself on the struggle bus (because...you never know) I should still be able to hit my C goal even with multiple stops.

Now, it's time to get ready to tackle my first 20 miler! :scared1:

Um WHOA. Was working on booking airport transfers just now....and realized that our airline changed our departure day. They’ve tweaked departure TIME slightly a few times, but the latest was apparently a whole DAY. Without any major note in the email...seems like that would warrant a bigger mention in the email title. Freakin’ Frontier.

Crap! I hope they will let us cancel...we can’t go a day early.

Glad I noticed before we got to the airport!
Spirit Airlines did the same on my return trip. Wanted me to leave two days early... hmmm, no. Glad you got it all worked out.

I didn’t record my original goals, but they would have been impacted by my double ankle injuries anyway. I’m mostly recovered but further back in my training than I would like. However, barring total disaster, I still believe I’ll be able to will myself to complete my first Dopey. Other goals are to have a blast running the 5k and 10k with my friend, meet up with you awesome DISers, see a panda, and complete DATW.

And in other news, I’m not going to be running outside anytime soon. Wonder if any of my neighbors will let me borrow their treadmill?
312EE826-7B7C-4A7F-AC42-31C7FB581819.jpeg

My goals have pretty much stayed the same. I've never been a strong runner, so especially in marathons, my only two goals are to finish and to not finish last (and even that second one would be negotiable as long as I finish). I haven't been able to run as much as I'd wanted, but I feel pretty certain I'll accomplish that.

The only thing that's been wavering is my plan to not go into a park. I know if I go on Saturday, I'll walk too much, no matter how much I tell myself I won't. And my flight leaves early Monday. So this is the period where that little voice is telling me sure, I can go in a park. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and they'll give me the flexibility of taking Monday off so I'm thinking of changing my flight to the latest return. And I saw Billy Joel is performing Friday night, so I was thinking of pushing my flight earlier Friday to see his show. But hey, if I'm willing to spend $169 for a 2 hour Billy Joel show, then why not go into a Disney park for longer and for less? And I'll be doing this right up to my trip!

Um, the injury free may not happen for my husband anymore as he's already injured thanks to a jerk who hit and run him yesterday evening while he was trying to get 5 more miles in so his total for the day was 19. I hope the police finds him. I've totally shamed the guy on Next-door and Facebook Neighborhood groups.

Now its just figuring out how much of an injury he has. I'll probably make him go to urgent care tonight or tomorrow if it doesn't look like his swelling goes down.

I'm still going to still meet my goal of hanging out with fun people and drinking though.

What the heck? That person drove off?

1. Actually train. Last year's training was a good effort for me until early December, when an Achilles injury derailed it.
2. Don't plan, don't stress. My boyfriend hasn't decided between the half and the full, but either way, I learned in January that we may work in a recovery day regardless. I have a bit of a reputation for being a slave driver when we travel.

Goal 1 is going well, although I'm having some familiar knee soreness today after yesterday's 7 mile training run. I've had ITBS in the past but I'm still hoping that goes away with rest and more training. :rolleyes1

Goal 2 is stressing me out. My boyfriend did eventually choose to run the half with me instead of the marathon, but our agenda other than flights and hotel is up in the air.

SAFD: Goal was and still is to start and finish happy and healthy!

A foot issue forced me to alter a week of training 2 weeks ago, but after yesterday’s 18 miler, I’m feeling pretty good. Now to just hope and pray to stay healthy- both injury and sickness free!

SAFD:
1 - Finish the marathon (or at the very least get swept in line for a very good character ... but preferably finish)
Still the #1 goal. I haven't come up with a good character strategy yet, so getting swept is a very real possibility. But I'm thinking about it and hopefully will come up with a strategy that gets me maximum character pictures while still finishing the race.

2 - Run the race I woke up to run. I can set all of these grand ambitious plans about my time goals and (more importantly) my character goals, but ... I have to run whatever race feels right that day, whether that's what I planned or not.
Yes. So much this. I'm trying not to be too serious and rigid about goals because you never know how the race will go until it happens.

3 - Make an appearance at at least one DISmeet. Committing to more than that may be too much for me, but I'm leaving the possibility of more open. But at least one.
This one's a not so much. As much as I want to meet some of you awesome people, with some stuff I've had going on lately, this might be too much for me. We'll see. It might still happen, but I'm no longer committing to it as a goal.

I didn’t record my original goals, but they would have been impacted by my double ankle injuries anyway. I’m mostly recovered but further back in my training than I would like. However, barring total disaster, I still believe I’ll be able to will myself to complete my first Dopey. Other goals are to have a blast running the 5k and 10k with my friend, meet up with you awesome DISers, see a panda, and complete DATW.

And in other news, I’m not going to be running outside anytime soon. Wonder if any of my neighbors will let me borrow their treadmill?
View attachment 369061
Layer up.

SAFD:
Goals in order of importance
1) Finish all the races in the Dopey challenge, no time goals, just need to cross the finish line.
2) Not be too sore/injured that I need to beg cast members to shuttle me to my hotel room (like last year ...)
3) Finally get a photo with the Haunted Mansion gravediggers during the marathon
4) Have fun! Last year I got injured half way through the marathon and needed to walk almost all of the last half. This year, I'm hoping everything goes smoothly and I get to enjoy the marathon for the unique experience that it is.

SAFD: I had not signed up yet so I didn't make any goals...but my goal is to finish the marathon, actually enjoy myself and stop at lots of picture stops. I prefer the half distance so I am not sure why I chose the marathon. LOL. I realize this is pretty negative, but I just ran a marathon yesterday and asked myself the whole time why I continue to run them. :rolleyes:

2) Not be too sore/injured that I need to beg cast members to shuttle me to my hotel room (like last year ...)

I feel like this story needs to be expanded upon for the benefit of the group...

SAFD: I had not signed up yet so I didn't make any goals...but my goal is to finish the marathon, actually enjoy myself and stop at lots of picture stops. I prefer the half distance so I am not sure why I chose the marathon. LOL. I realize this is pretty negative, but I just ran a marathon yesterday and asked myself the whole time why I continue to run them. :rolleyes:

Nice job on the marathon yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter