Marathon Weekend 2020

Hey, RUN crew! For the 01/12 full, I know the race begins at 5 am, but what time are the corrals staggered? I'm trying to get an idea of when my friends might start running. (I apologize if this info is somewhere.)

Hey, RUN crew! For the 01/12 full, I know the race begins at 5 am, but what time are the corrals staggered? I'm trying to get an idea of when my friends might start running. (I apologize if this info is somewhere.)
Corrals go off every few minutes and inside the corrals are mini waves which separate the corrals even more. It really depends on which corral they will be in.

Corrals go off every few minutes and inside the corrals are mini waves which separate the corrals even more. It really depends on which corral they will be in.

Here's a report from the back-of-the-pack from last year, as I started in the very last corral. I recorded a video clip of the "ready set go" that launched my last wave, just checked my phone and that occurred at 6:06am and I finally crossed the start line right around 6:10am.

So depending on which corral the PPs friends start, it may be a while before they get going, especially if they are in the slowpokes corral like me.

Probably rope dropping DHS on Wednesday January 8th... If not too tired considering that the alarm goes off at 4AM on the 7th for my flight with one DD and that DH plus the other DD will probably enter our room at 1AM on the 8th... Then Dopey alarm clock from the 9th on... Ok, forget it, rope drop not happening.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the mini waves were only for the 5k/10k. The half and full released corrals every 3 minutes, I believe.

Once we know how many runners there are in the race, then I can give you an educated guess as to the release time of each individual corral.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the mini waves were only for the 5k/10k. The half and full released corrals every 3 minutes, I believe.

You can visually see the mini-waves from the 2018 Marathon in this graphic:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 6.54.43 AM.png

https://public.tableau.com/profile/...altDisneyWorldMarathon2018/DisneyMarathon2018

Hmmm bunch of the wrong color dots in that A corral... :scratchin

Reviewed it many moons ago but I believe I came to the conclusion there were some corral jumpers, some expo reassignments and there was a glitch in the data that incorrectly placed some at the gun start of the race (I think it was because of missing start time). But I get what you're saying.

I believe most (if not all) of us have either booked FP+ or should be making them in the next day or two (if you choose to do so at all), so for this week's SAFD, what FP+ did you make, which are you excited about, anything you missed that you really wanted to get?
SAFD: Let's see... none, none, and none! :rotfl:I'm offsite, so can't make FPs for another 30ish days. I may try to grab a couple when they open, but I mostly avoid time in the parks during Dopey week. If wait times aren't insane, I may head over to DHS after the 5K and try for ROTR, but I'm not married to it; I can try that later in Jan, when crowds are still low but I don't have to run 48.6 miles, lol!

Is it just me or is there more promotion for Princess weekend than Marathon Weekend regarding merch? I am very motivated on my long, cold, dark runs by knowing what merch is going to be there and I am getting a little worried not seeing too much...
I noticed that as well. It looks like there will be a Princess Dooney, but no Marathon Dooney. :sad:

Made my FP on Friday. I've only got a 2 day ticket right now. Here's my plan:

Tues- arrive early, chill at the hotel (may go to a park this day and add a day to my ticket)
Wed- sleep late!!! hit the expo, chill at the hotel
Thurs- MK- SMDT, Space, Big Thunder (still crying about no splash)
Fri- AK- FoP, Animation class, Everest; I'm hoping to move my FoP a little earlier as it's a little closer to my departure time than I'd like. I fly home that night.

SAFD(a few days late): My FP+ day was Monday, got FOP on Day 60+3, but not SDD for 60+2. This trip should be low key, just hubby and I. I’m running the half so we are arriving Friday and leaving late Monday night. I want to keep plans flexible since it’s my 1st half marathon so not sure how much park hopping I’ll be up for on Sat or the next day but wanted to make some FP and hope for the best!

Tentative plans:
Friday- early arrival, check out Expo, then maybe Disney Springs, ADR at Topolino and early bedtime
Sat- Half marathon! Shower, rest then back to DHS/Epcot at some point
Sun- EMH at DHS, then hop to AK
Mon- MK, back to hotel by 4:30 to catch ME

Problem I just realized this week is that AK is scheduled to close at 6pm on Sunday. Not sure how I didn’t notice that before. Maybe they’ll extend the hours??? So now I’m debating which scenario to do:
1. Switch 2nd park to MK and go to AK on Monday morning instead
2. Keep plans at AK, then hop to MK for fireworks
3. Keep plans at AK, keep searching for Tiffins or California Grill ADR at 6pm then Ragland Road (or let’s be honest- head back to hotel early since no kids and I’ll just be happy to sleep 😂)

OK, full disclosure time. I've been immensely curious about the new Marathon course right after the runDisney Blog mentioned the new changes on September 20th. And I fully understood I would not receive any more information until mid-December. 3 long months to wait. The suspense is killing me.

To keep my impatience slightly under control, I've been re-reading the 2019 forum posts right before and right after the waivers, corrals and event guides were released. Considering that we are in the 'calm before the storm' now -- with just our normal training routines and long runs to plan -- it helps to keep the motivation train going.

And.... based on my estimations, we are approximately 1 month away from the release of info. A little research produced the numbers below. And check out the increasing size of this thread each year...

WDWM Year
Mickey Race
Bibs (waivers) Available
Days Apart
Forum Pages
1/12​
12/14 *​
28 *​
714 *​
1/13​
12/17​
26​
593​
1/7​
12/13​
24​
471​
1/8​
12/16​
22​
350​

* projected based on recent trends

OK, full disclosure time. I've been immensely curious about the new Marathon course right after the runDisney Blog mentioned the new changes on September 20th. And I fully understood I would not receive any more information until mid-December. 3 long months to wait. The suspense is killing me.

To keep my impatience slightly under control, I've been re-reading the 2019 forum posts right before and right after the waivers, corrals and event guides were released. Considering that we are in the 'calm before the storm' now -- with just our normal training routines and long runs to plan -- it helps to keep the motivation train going.

And.... based on my estimations, we are approximately 1 month away from the release of info. A little research produced the numbers below. And check out the increasing size of this thread each year...

WDWM Year
Mickey Race
Bibs (waivers) Available
Days Apart
Forum Pages
1/12​
12/14 *​
28 *​
714 *​
1/13​
12/17​
26​
593​
1/7​
12/13​
24​
471​
1/8​
12/16​
22​
350​

Nice analysis. Throw in when the first weather forecast post was made and you’d really be onto something. ;)

WDWM Year
Mickey Race
Bibs (waivers) Available
Days Apart
Forum Pages
1/12​
12/14 *​
28 *​
714 *​
1/13​
12/17​
26​
593​
1/7​
12/13​
24​
471​
1/8​
12/16​
22​
350​

How many of those 593 pages last year were dedicated to bananas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter