• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

The heat has me nervous. It is supposed to be hotter than 2013. I have to get my head around not getting a personal course record for this although I am trained for it. That makes me sad. I train at 70 degrees, so while I likely will be fine for the first 2 hours of the marathon before the sun rises, it is going to get hot. Standard running convention says that you lose 30 seconds for every 5 degrees above 60. Off to crunch my pacing chart. . . Working to get my head around having fun more than getting a good time. Heck, if it is too bad maybe I'll use it as an excuse to ride a ride. . . On a side note, anybody doing ROTR tomorrow at rope drop? I thought it would be good to try to acclimate to getting up earlier and earlier :-)
I am planning to do ROTR tomorrow, too, staying at Caribbean. Had early flight today (on MDE right now!!) and doing 10 on Friday, so figured I may as well do early on Thursday too!!

I am planning to do ROTR tomorrow, too, staying at Caribbean. Had early flight today (on MDE right now!!) and doing 10 on Friday, so figured I may as well do early on Thursday too!!

It's just me since DH isn't going to get up for this. If folks are there, maybe we can do an unofficial meet up if anybody is interested.

Flying out at 7am tomorrow... still need to pack. (Story of my life)

couple of quick questions:

> I’m in Corral F and staying at Pop! What time would everyone suggest i get to the lobby to either board a bus or grab a Lyft for the half? (Would like to be near the front half of that corral)

> Has anyone heard any updates on if there is still going to be a meet up at Epcot on Monday to drink around the world?

thanks y’all!

Here's a tip if you're looking to save a little bit of money during MW:
  • Open the "Virtual Goody Bag" under the EXPO section of the Digital Event Guide. Or just click HereView attachment 463667
  • Open the Disney Springs section
  • There are a bunch of retail and food discounts...Last year I got 20% my Carb-load meal at Maria & Enzo's. This year, I plan to use it at Terralina (the old Portobello).
  • You just need to show your medal or Bib

Can I show my bib for the half on Friday even though it didn’t happen yet?
We are eating at homecomin and 20% off would be great

> I’m in Corral F and staying at Pop! What time would everyone suggest i get to the lobby to either board a bus or grab a Lyft for the half? (Would like to be near the front half of that corral)
I normally head to the bus area between 245a-3am... have one final REAL restroom break in the lobby and board the first bus so that we can try to get at least one character meet pre-race before heading to corals... ( I've stayed at POP for Star Wars 2018 and Movies for Wine and Dine 2016-2019 FWIW I've just done 5 and 10Ks

I’ve got boarding group 59 for RoTR today. Just heading back to HS from AK (where my family’s planned activities for the day were). They are on group 51 now, but it has stalled out for over an hour at that number.

To expound on my earlier post, the RoTR system meant that we were rope dropping HS without any of the benefits of rope dropping. Every line in the park was over an hour long in an instant. It’s a complete fail for Disney from my perspective. But they got me into the park so they don’t care.

I'm unexpectedly coming down for the weekend to cheer on a Dopey runner, and this is my first time staying off property for the marathon weekend. Do you know if I park in the EPCOT lot in time to drop my runner off, is that parking good for all day, or will I need to leave and pay to park again? I'm trying to figure the break even for a rental car vs. Uber.

Best wishes to all the runners!!

Flying out at 7am tomorrow... still need to pack. (Story of my life)

couple of quick questions:

> Has anyone heard any updates on if there is still going to be a meet up at Epcot on Monday to drink around the world?

thanks y’all!
Definitely the bus. Pop Century has some of the best event bus service because there's only one stop on race morning, and they run continuously. I would take a bus by 3:15* (edited due to carelessness) on Half Marathon morning if you want to be at the front of the corral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter