Marathon Weekend 2022

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the fill discrepancies! I literally had everything from "barely covers the bottom of the cup" to "2/3 full". One stop I pulled the short fill cup, grabbed a 2nd cup that was more normal and poured them together on the fly to drink. I think I should get a degree of difficulty adjustment for my race.

I'm sorry, the correct hierarchy of Powerade flavoring is:

Lemon-lime > blue mystery >>> Fruit punch

Put that red stuff out there and I will DNF on the spot! 😛
Where is the “disagree” button on this app?…

Meanwhile, this is the fourth time I’ve been in Epcot this week, but the first time it’s been in broad daylight…

Sometimes this works, and sometimes the second photographer has to be quick to save the shot. My first pic was full on Mike Wazowski...

View attachment 637107

Thankfully the next shot was clean!
View attachment 637110
I am sitting here laughing out loud at the Mike W reference. I saw you briefly as you were heading toward the corrals and you were moving too fast for me to give you a shout.

I am sitting here laughing out loud at the Mike W reference. I saw you briefly as you were heading toward the corrals and you were moving too fast for me to give you a shout.

I was walking out with a DIS couple and their son from Atlanta, but forgive me for not remembering names at the moment.

Are the lines for bag check long in the morning? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to bring my Oofos. I'm afraid I may have blisters by the end. But I've never checked a bag and I'm not sure how it works. Do I write my name on it? Will I need my ID to get it back at the end or will my bib count as ID?

I'm staying at Old Key West and am not too close to the Hospitality House. They told me that internal shuttles run about every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. What time would you suggest I be at the bus stop?

I brought some Stinger chews. They're the kind that are a lot like Dots gummy candy. How often should I eat one of those? Does anyone just not eat breakfast? I don't usually eat until I've been up for hours and I'm not sure how my stomach will tolerate food in the wee small hours of the morning.

Last question--do we have access to any real bathrooms or is it all port-a-potties?

I'm getting really nervous.
I eat a Cliff bar and drink my coffee on the bus ride. I also bring a small Powerade (Fruit Punch! And you know who you are that I’m pointing at…) that I sip while waiting to start.
I ate some magic jelly beans after the castle, and then some of the Fruit Punch flavor Stinger gummies they were handing out.
I am sure that dopey badger can give you the lowdown on better race nutrition, but that is what works for me.
I’ve been getting to the resort bus around 3:10 each morning. No issues. Good luck

Anybody have bus problems today? Because we were in the last corral, we didn’t get on the bus until 3:00 (usually on the 1st bus) from Beach Club! For the first time for us, the bus driver went to the wrong place! She took us to where busses picked up after the race, right beside the All Star pick-up sign. The CM’s turned her around to take us to Epcot for regular security/walk to corrals, but then we got held up in traffic, so it took a LONG time to get off at the runner drop off. We didn’t make the meet up, but had plenty of time for security, portas, hike to our corral. We still waited for over an hour before our s6 corral started. I was actually grateful for the “getting lost,” because, at least for a while, I was warm and off my feet in a nice seat! Now, how can I get on the “lost” bus tomorrow?

Great race today. I had tons of fun and stopped for all the characters - except Judy because I stopped for her at the 10K and Wilbur who I somehow missed. I am hoping he was on a break when I ran by because I would be bummed if I really missed him.

The only kinda sorta interesting thing that happened to me is I ran off the course in EPCOT. I am not sure how I did it. I was probably spacing out and a bit disoriented with all the construction walls up but I somehow missed a turn at the Creation shop and was heading towards Test Track when I ran into a sanitation worker who waved me back. Not a huge deal but a bit embarrassing.

Good Luck to everyone running tomorrow and remember to have fun!!

Speaking of Powerade, I don't know who the devil worshipping spawn of Satan is that decided to switch from lemon lime to the nasty blue Powerade, but know that I hate you with every fiber of my being...
The lemon lime is disgusting. I usually go for the blue, but when it’s hot, orange all the way. The blue and the red are too sweet for hot days.

And, yes, I may be the spawn of Satan, but I promise I am not a devil worshipper.😂

We are packing tonight because we have to change resorts tomorrow. My husband just looked at me and said, “WHEN we do this again. Because I know you and it’s not an if. When we do this again we don’t change resorts.”

😂 Gosh I love this man. He gets me.
I wouldn't want to do a split stay while trying to do the races too. I agree with your husband!

@Barca33Runner were you at AKL yesterday night? I think we may have a talked on the bus.

Wouldn’t have been me. We were at MK are staying off-site so I haven’t used any Disney Transport.

ETA: I also have severe social anxiety so I’m essentially the physical manifestation of someone trying to hide in a hole where none exists when people try to talk to me.

Last edited:
Does anyone have transportation suggestions for a spectator wanting to get to TTC around 6:30? He could drive but wondering if there is something that makes sense with Disney transportation.

Blue Powerade is my favorite!!!

I like most other colors, but don’t give me the clear cherry whatever that stuff was that one year (maybe it was a Star Wars race…) 🤢

Are the lines for bag check long in the morning? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to bring my Oofos. I'm afraid I may have blisters by the end. But I've never checked a bag and I'm not sure how it works. Do I write my name on it? Will I need my ID to get it back at the end or will my bib count as ID?

I'm staying at Old Key West and am not too close to the Hospitality House. They told me that internal shuttles run about every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. What time would you suggest I be at the bus stop?

I brought some Stinger chews. They're the kind that are a lot like Dots gummy candy. How often should I eat one of those? Does anyone just not eat breakfast? I don't usually eat until I've been up for hours and I'm not sure how my stomach will tolerate food in the wee small hours of the morning.

Last question--do we have access to any real bathrooms or is it all port-a-potties?

I'm getting really nervous.
Bag check is easy and quick. You can choose whichever truck you want. I wrote my bib number on my bag - they might do that at the truck, but really how they pair you with your bag is a little sticker - they put one on your bag and one on the back of your bib (it will have the truck number too so you won’t forget).

I would try and be at the bus stop by 2:30, so you can make it to the front of the resort before 3 and before traffic can get bad (but maybe OKW.

For your HoneyStinger chews I would eat as many as you did in training. I use those too. What I do is eat 3 every half hour.
I would do pre-race nutrition like you have during your long run training. I eat yogurt and granola when I get up along with coffee. I usually try and eat/drink that about an hour before I have to leave, but runDisney is sooo early it’s only been 30-45 minutes before I leave. I don’t do this in training, but I know my stomach tolerates it - I take a bagel with peanut butter and then eat it when I get to the staging area 1.5-2 hours before the race.
If you don’t think your stomach will tolerate it… take something with you??? I’m not sure that’s a good idea either…

Real bathrooms in the park (but remember your mask)

Does anyone have transportation suggestions for a spectator wanting to get to TTC around 6:30? He could drive but wondering if there is something that makes sense with Disney transportation.
Take race transportation to Epcot. Then take the monorail to TTC. Looks like buses run to Epcot 2:30-4:30 and then 6:30-1:30. So they would probably need to be on a bus by 4:30 if they want to take the monorail - which would theoretically get them there before 6:30 (unless race traffic…)

Ugh. I feel very not great tonight. Really all afternoon. The pool helped my feet/legs a ton, but I just feel like.....queasy on and off a lot. I’ve had something like 3 bottles of water and 2 bottles of nuun since the race. Took water at almost all of the aid stations and Powerade at 3 or so. Wasn’t super hungry for lunch. Forced myself to eat dinner because I know I need it.

hopefully it’s just the need for sleep catching up with me.

The lemon lime is disgusting. I usually go for the blue, but when it’s hot, orange all the way. The blue and the red are too sweet for hot days.

And, yes, I may be the spawn of Satan, but I promise I am not a devil worshipper.😂

**Eyeing you suspiciously**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter