Marathon Weekend 2022

Does anyone remember who the sunglass vendor in the exhibitor hall was that had the Minnie Mouse polka dot sunglasses? I believe they were in that first row as you came down the stairs, towards the shirt hand out booths.

My credit card receipt has them as Sparkly Soul. (I bought a pair of these sunglasses)

Does anyone remember who the sunglass vendor in the exhibitor hall was that had the Minnie Mouse polka dot sunglasses? I believe they were in that first row as you came down the stairs, towards the shirt hand out booths.
I know goodr sunglasses was there, but I don’t know if they have Minnie glasses.

Has anybody received their medal(s) for running the virtual 5k, 10k, etc. yet?
I think that W&D medals just finished going out. Or are finishing up being shipped. I think last year it was 6-8 weeks after the "official" weekend (when everything was virutal) that stuff started to show up and it's been longer than that since they've run dual in-person/virtual events. You might be looking at late March/early April if the timing is similar to W&D shipping times.

I think that W&D medals just finished going out. Or are finishing up being shipped. I think last year it was 6-8 weeks after the "official" weekend (when everything was virutal) that stuff started to show up and it's been longer than that since they've run dual in-person/virtual events. You might be looking at late March/early April if the timing is similar to W&D shipping times.

Thanks! I was concerned it got lost in shipping.

I just got my MW Virtual 10K swag today. I do not understand why runDisney can’t send the 5K and 10K swag at the same time 🙄🙄 but I now have half my MW swag.

I just got my MW Virtual 10K swag today. I do not understand why runDisney can’t send the 5K and 10K swag at the same time 🙄🙄 but I now have half my MW swag.
Big huge box, or smaller box? (One size for everything like MW/PHM in 2021 or 2 sizes like SW?)

Big huge box, or smaller box? (One size for everything like MW/PHM in 2021 or 2 sizes like SW?)
Same size as the 2 boxes I got from W&D (5K and Challenge) and the one from 2021 Summer Virtual Series. It’s absolutely ridiculous to have such a big box for a single shirt and medal (and a sheet of stickers 😆)

Same size as the 2 boxes I got from W&D (5K and Challenge) and the one from 2021 Summer Virtual Series. It’s absolutely ridiculous to have such a big box for a single shirt and medal (and a sheet of stickers 😆)
That's pretty funny. My princess box from last year was bigger than my Lion King box by a couple of inches. But my star wars box (5k only) is smaller than both. They cannot pick a size!

@DopeyBadger I’m planning on training for the Goofy Challenge for next year‘s MW. Do you feel that the Hanson’s Marathon Method is sufficient for the race and a half challenge?

@DopeyBadger I’m planning on training for the Goofy Challenge for next year‘s MW. Do you feel that the Hanson’s Marathon Method is sufficient for the race and a half challenge?

Obviously I'm not @DopeyBadger, but I'd say just about any standard marathon training plan with consistent back to back run days during training will prepare you sufficiently for either Goofy or Dopey if your goal is to finish upright and comfortably.

Yes. Plenty sufficient. Any good marathon training plan (which includes Hansons) is sufficient for Goofy or Dopey. Be sure to read the book cover to cover to reap all the benefits.

Never knew they were doing running plans, but I guess with their music no longer getting much airplay that they have time for running these days....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter