Marathon Weekend 2023

Speaking of shirts, if anyone is running the 5k or dopey and doesn’t want their participant shirt (for the 5k), one of my kids would love to have one.
Is that specific to this year? I have an XS 5k shirt from 2020 that is unworn (half too, had to get dopey bib to do 10k/full) that I would love to find a home.

Is that specific to this year? I have an XS 5k shirt from 2020 that is unworn (half too, had to get dopey bib to do 10k/full) that I would love to find a home.
This year would be easier so we can get the right size for him at the exchange table (kids L)

Hi all! What are you all using to check the weather forecast during marathon weekend? Is AccuWeather better than the others? We are going to be there next week at the parks!

Park (not race) characters: looking at MDE, looks like the only place to meet Chip & Dale is AK - is that right? No chance of seeing them at EP or MK? I wasn’t planning AK this time, but I’d like a 10K medal pic with them not at the race.
I think they sometimes can appear in other parks, but it's pretty random. They are consistently at Animal Kingdom in their dinosaur costumes. I would check the app to see if they randomly appear in another park, but Animal Kingdom is your best bet.

I can also volunteer to shop for anyone who is worried about things selling out. I arrive Tues and will hopefully get an early morning spot on Wednesday. Just send me a message!

I’m officially in the mindless (or panic??) buying phase of training. Picked up some new shoes, same style and size of previous so not too worried. Thought I’d upgrade my Costco Puma socks to a nicer pair for the marathon. Splurged on some smart wools which turned into 4 pairs of smart wools because of a sale. I’ve got three days left at home and a couple down in FL before the first race. What else will I buy between now and then?! 😂

Park (not race) characters: looking at MDE, looks like the only place to meet Chip & Dale is AK - is that right? No chance of seeing them at EP or MK? I wasn’t planning AK this time, but I’d like a 10K medal pic with them not at the race.
Magic they were meeting somewhere around the Storybook circus area but idk if that was temporary, Epcot they meet at the Garden Grill character dining location… back when distance meets we’re going on they hung out on the grass by brown derby at DHS but I think that ended

Maybe it's because I'm a millennial, but haven't been a fan of the late 80s/early 90s theme since the beginning. I tend to mentally associate those bright colors and loud patterns with bus seats, bowling alley carpets and Jake Sisko outfits.

I'll be good with just my Dopey magnet. Since I should be there fairly early Wednesday, add me to the list of people happy to shop for later arrivals.

DIS List vFinal 2022_12_30

Hi all,

Attached is the final version (unless there are a few stragglers or the bib number allocation changes my predictions) of the DIS List. There were only a few clerical changes throughout the majority of the PDF, but there are a few new runners added as well. If I missed you, let me know.

I'm wishing you all the best MW experience!

Attachments

• MW2023DISLIST_Final_2022_12_30.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 102
DIS List vFinal 2022_12_30

Hi all,

Attached is the final version (unless there are a few stragglers or the bib number allocation changes my predictions) of the DIS List. There were only a few clerical changes throughout the majority of the PDF, but there are a few new runners added as well. If I missed you, let me know.

I'm wishing you all the best MW experience!
Thank you @DopeyBadger! I am sure the MW experience is going to be great - but could only qualify as "best" if you were at the meet ups! Will you be returning to Marathon weekend in the future?

Will you be returning to Marathon weekend in the future?

Not planning on it at the moment. I'm doing Princess 2023. My wife wants to try a cruise, but I get motion sickness easily. So I'll let them go and determine whether it's an absolute must. She also wants to go to Disneyland at some point, so I may try and finagle that into a runDisney trip. We weren't planning on Princess 2023, but G had so much fun doing the Princess 2022 5k dressed as Scarlet Witch and Vision, that she convinced my wife to put the Aulani plans on hold and do Princess 2023 instead. So we'll see what G says after this year. She wanted to go bigger and better and I've met that bar with our Ms Marvel and Shang-Chi costumes.

I saw them at HS during W&D weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter