Marathon Weekend 2023

SAFD: I’m 10 pages behind, but here it is.
Feeling good about Goofy although my last 20-miler had problems. Woke up Saturday morning with my first ever visit from Mr. Vertigo. Room spinning, light-headed, queasy stomach. Siblings who have experienced it said try taking antihistamines and/or Dramamine, do a certain exercise, and sleep a lot. Nothing helped. Went to see my doctor this morning and got a steroid shot and script for a taper pack of Prednisone. Then he told me it would be best not to ride the tea cups. I told him that was fine, I’ve been riding them all weekend!

Amazingly, by afternoon, there’s no more spinning, just a little dizzy feeling. Hoping the Prednisone keeps it at bay. Told DH that if they do a drug test it will show that I’m “doping,” but he said not to worry; they only test the elites! :rotfl2:

Anyone else doing 2 or 3 races and only get one expo check-in pass, specific to only one of the races? Not re how I’m supposed to pick up my marathon bib without knowing the bib number. Guess I’ll have to wait for runner tracking to find out. I do have two e-signed waivers, neither specific to any race instance.
I am doing the 10K and marathon and I was freaking out too when I only saw the 10K. But they are both there. Scroll down on your iPad. There is a little arrow that you need to expand to see your other registrations.

ETA. Looks like you found them on your phone.

Just a warning to my fellow bug-bite prone runners…I have been bit three times in the last hour at HS as the sun is setting. Legs and ankles. This happened to me in November too and I had dozens of bites by the time I left. I don’t think they spray for bugs as well as they used to. Now I’m going to be itching like a madman during the races!

I am doing only the marathon and my bib number on my Expo pass is showing up as just two digits. I had a 1:33 HM proof of time. Will there be leading digits before my two-digit number that just don't appear on the check-in pass?
Your POT is 2 mins faster than mine and I have 1XX. I believe your 2 digit bib is the entire bib number as mine is 3 digits. I am guessing you are in the top 100 fastest runners running the full only…:)

I am doing only the marathon and my bib number on my Expo pass is showing up as just two digits. I had a 1:33 HM proof of time. Will there be leading digits before my two-digit number that just don't appear on the check-in pass?

For things like photopass, I think they just want you to insert 0's to make a 5 digit number, so 000xx

And with a two-digit number, are you trying to win this thing? :)

And my check in pass: 5k, no POT, 707xx

Edit: DW's check in: Dopey, no POT (set to the first that didn't need proof), 231xx

Last edited:
I tried to transfer my DW's registration to her, but it got lost in the abyss. So she can't sign the digital waiver. She did get her Expo Pass, though. This can be fixed at the expo?

We are trying to fly into MCO as well and we are delayed 1.5 hours. We were almost on the plane when they had us get off because of the radar issue. I was afraid this was going to happen with a later flight with the kids.

We were supposed to land at 9:30, so I guess we are looking at 11 now if everything stays on track.

I tried to transfer my DW's registration to her, but it got lost in the abyss. So she can't sign the digital waiver. She did get her Expo Pass, though. This can be fixed at the expo?
This happened to me and many others before. Had to stand in line at expo to get a printed check in pass with bib number. Went fast and not much hassle.

So my flight isn’t going to arrive until after 10 pm now, and DS and all dining will be closed when I arrive (I’ll be at POFQ). Does anyone have any advice on how I can get food? I am vegan. There is nothing substantial here at the Columbus airport.
Sorry you're having a rough travel day. So on the assumption that you are flying SW, looks like you get in at gate 110. There is a Chipotle at gate 100 that says it's open til the last flight. Maybe they'll still be open (since there are delayed flights out as well). And there are some grab 'n go's.

I hope you find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter