• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2023

It's a crap shoot. Given your post, sounds like you managed to get your bibs this morning. Glad that worked out, even if it was stupidly stressful.

Thanks! My travel fortunes turned positive but sounds like others not so much. Ended up making it to pickup at 7:30 last night, so fortunately that turned out OK with 30 minutes to spare. Way too close for comfort though.

I'm sorry for a "beaten to death" questions, but I'm getting on the road to WDW this morning and don't have time to research...
For runners doing the 1/2, can spectators view from MK or is that only for the full?

If yes, how does transportation run? Early (runners) bus to epcot and monorail to TTC/MK? or drive/park only?

If no, spectators at finish line-- when do those busses run? I've had several issues in the past with family not making it to the finish line in time to see me cross the line...

Thanks for the info, see you guys soon!!!

My estimate for the number of bags of pretzel sticks you’d need to consume the cheese provided in proper proportion is 17, assuming you also consume the bags.

ETA: Had a nice start to the weekend. Very relaxed day. Course wasn’t bad, although more raw sewage smell in spots than I remember for this race in the past. They badly need to finish the front of Epcot and finish the race without so much backstage at the end (although it’s likely they’ll never go back and continue to route it with excessive backlot at the end).

Worst part of the day, by far, was GotG virtual queue being filled in less than two seconds. Now we’re clinging desperately to the hope that ILL are still available at 9 when us off property dirty plebs are allowed into the system or for a spot at 1. :sad2::sad:

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a great race this morning! Can someone confirm something for me, please :) If my parents and son are coming to the full finish line from Art of Animation, they need to take a bus because the skyliner would require them to walk through Epcot, right? We don't have park reservations that day and I just remembered where the skyliner drops off.

Did everyone see that crazy long bib pickup line at the 5K this morning?! Yikes!
I arrived around 4:30 so I could spectate and the line was still very long! However, when I walked past again around 5:15 the line was completely gone so they must have gotten everyone their bibs in time to run.
Weird there's no Pluto! I wonder if they'll rotate him in post race at the start/finish backdrops?
I said the same thing after the race! I was confused why Goofy was at the finish but then remembered he’s also a dog so maybe it kind of makes sense? Anyway, very weird there was no Pluto. I get photos with him during most races just because he never has a line so really bizarre he wasn’t at his own race.

Hope everyone had a great race this morning! Can someone confirm something for me, please :) If my parents and son are coming to the full finish line from Art of Animation, they need to take a bus because the skyliner would require them to walk through Epcot, right? We don't have park reservations that day and I just remembered where the skyliner drops off.
Yes. They will need to take a runDisney bus to Epcot.

Been in line for Mushu for 15 minutes, and I'm already over this get-all-the-pics thing. I'm way too impatient, and my feet already hurt from standing! I definitely appreciate the opportunity, but none of today's characters are musts for me.
I wish I had thought to look at this thread during the race! I kept skipping characters because the lines looked too long and they weren’t must-dos, but then I realized at 2 miles I’d have no photos so I stopped for Max. Of course I regretted that decision afterwards because I think he’s supposed to be at the half or full, and Chip and Dale were next in their rescue rangers outfits. I would’ve stopped for them instead if I had known, but I didn’t have the patience to wait in another long line :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter