• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

March 2008

stagemomx3

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a thread started for March 2008, but I didn't search very hard, so if I missed it sorry, and just point me in the right direction.

So who is going to Disneyworld March 2008? We are going for DH's 40th birthday, it looks like March 11th-18th. We plan to either stay at the Boardwalk Inn in two rooms, or Boardwalk Villas in a two bedroom villa, haven't quite decided yet.

I'm just excited we are now under a year away!:cool1:

We are going in March 2008 as well but a litlle different time.

We are meeting friends from Colorado at OKW for the week.

We will be flying out of Detroit. Anyone else going this time of year?

:hourglass

our trip is in January 2008.

Anyone know how to look for a thread or have seen one started for that month?

The search engine on this board doesn't seem to work very well? or I do not know how to work it is also very likely!

We are flying out of Seattle. I wish the Disney site would let you plan out farther than December 2007!:hourglass :coffee:

Are you a DVC member by chance?

I am getting close to being able to book at my home resort but I can't book at OKW until seven months from my check out date.

I like to book the hotel as far out as possible and then try to find flights in the price range I want after that. I have a need to know that I will have a place to sleep.

We just got home on March 17th from the 7 night cruise on the Disney Magic and I have already booked the next trip with them for Dec 08 but I want to move it to March 09 once it opens up for booking.

:rolleyes1

We are not DVC members. I know I can book a room only deal now if I call, but I like being able to play around with packages on the website. I'm using a travel agent for our trip because I want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I'm really, really leaning towards the two adjoining rooms(I know not guarenteed) concierge level at BWI.

I can't wait either. I tend to book the whole trip on my own. I like to have full control. :thumbsup2

The only time I have used a travel agent was for the cruise we just took with Disney and for the next one. But I still booked the hotel the night before, the car and the airline tickets myself.

I enjoy planning and playing around on the net looking for deals and if you book with an agent, they have to make any changes etc. :surfweb:

What meals are you thinking about doing at that time of year. I have not been in March before. We use to go in February when the kids were younger and then July the last couple of times. Now we are back to Winter holidays...maybe twice in 08 if I can swing it.:cloud9:

We are DVC members so the room is not an issue and if we by annual passes, it would be worth going again the same year.
:yay:

I try to be really careful with our money so that we can continue to take nice holidays.

I worry about not having a connecting room if you are traveling with smaller kids. What do you do if you can't get a connecting room on check in?

:thumbsup2

Alright a March 2008 thread. I can't wait to head back and enjoy the weather and the parks. I was thinking just the other day how I wish I was at POR and near the quiet pool. I need a dole whip and I miss the excitement and my kids miss the disney channel and I also miss the Tampa weather channel.:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

So Disneyof3 I see you are from Ontario as well. Do you usually drive down to Florida? Are you heading down for March break as well? That is when we are going.

I can't wait either. I tend to book the whole trip on my own. I like to have full control. :thumbsup2

What meals are you thinking about doing at that time of year. I have not been in March before.

I worry about not having a connecting room if you are traveling with smaller kids. What do you do if you can't get a connecting room on check in?

We haven't ever been to WDW, that's why I'm going with a travel agent this time. We went to Disneyland twice in 06 in June and then again for Halloween. Now we are venturing across the country to WDW. I like to have control too, but I know my travel agent from another Disney discussion board and she knows her stuff about WDW!!!

I don't know about meals yet. It looks like we are going to do concierge level, so that takes care of breakfast for sure. The only TS breakfast I'm thinking about doing is eating in the castle, but I'm not sure since my kids aren't into the character meals. I have picky eaters and half of our group does not like seafood at all so I'm not sure where we will end up just yet!

Connecting rooms would certainly be a plus and I will request it, but we have 4 adults and 4 kids, so we'll be ok even if they are just close to each other.

I'd really like to get our rooms booked by the end of the month, but we'll see.

We have two girls princess: princess: that only like the normal kid foods and none of us eat sea food due to allergies. I preferr a good, simple meal myself. Very fancy food does not appeal much to me.

We have done the princess meal at the Norway village at Epcot and the food was wonderful. We also did the princess breakfast a long time ago in the castle but be sure to book starting your first day early in the morning because the reservations can be very hard to get.

The Liberty Tree in the Magic Kingdom also has great food. Chef Mickey's is also very good.

Jo-Anne

When we go we'll have two girls 12 & 8, and two boys 11 & 9. Character meals are really not important to them at all. I think I want to do Coral Reef so that I can request a diver for DH's birthday. I'm also thinking about WCC for our first night. I just don't know yet, I keep pouring over menus and trying to figure out what will work best for us.

So Disneyof3 I see you are from Ontario as well. Do you usually drive down to Florida? Are you heading down for March break as well? That is when we are going.

We've driven the past 4 years, twice I75 and twice I77/79. Next March we will be flying for the first time. The van is getting older and being it has been 4 yrs. in a row, I'm nervous taking it again. I'm looking forward to flying and the kids have never been on a plane. We usually head down the week prior to our March Break and leave when the "CANADIANS" are invading WDW. My in-laws are in Clearwater so we head there for 4 days as well.:woohoo: :woohoo:

I am not a driving fan. I always fly but in the past my husband has driven down and met us at the airport.

This time we are all flying together.

Do you have kids that you take out of school for the week before March break?

Tour Guide Mike, you see ads for it at the top of all the pages. More stuff to obsessively read through and tools to obsessively plan with.:dance3:

I'm on spring break and I'm spending my morning working on possible itineraries for our trip. I know I'm crazy. :rotfl:

Yes I do have kids and I do take them out of school. This year they only lost 2 days instead of 3 because the Friday was part of the March Break and the day we left the school was closed due to the temp. being so low -32.:eek: I usually am willing to take them out of school for 1 week or so. My kids usually never miss school. The first year my son missed 1 week and 3 days and then the next they missed 1 week and 4 days. Then we started using the March Break because of the other 2 now in school. He's in grade 5 now. I also demand homework going with them too. Weither it is just be catch up or actual work they are missing. This year my daughter had nothing but my son had a journal to do for the whole trip including the March Break. I always inform the teachers at x-mas time and then usually 1 month prior to leaving and then I write them again the week we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter