March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

I don’t think I’ve joined the thread yet!

My family is headed to San Diego (from Ontario, Canada) to visit my sister and for my husband’s annual conference, and my mom and I decided that while he’s in meetings all day we’d head to Disney for a few days.

So we’ll be staying at the Candy Cane (I think that’s finalized now!) from March 18-21, with three park days.

Like everyone else, we’re keeping an eye on those ride closure, but happy to be there at all. We didn’t have much choice about the timing—if it weren’t for husband’s conference and the kids being on school break we wouldn’t be going at all, so we’ll take whatever we can get.

WDW vets at this point but first time to DL (except my mom, who was last there close to 50 years ago).

24 days for me. Is anyone else just counting down the days?? Trying to figure out what quick service dining we'll do for our first dinner. We don't get to the parks our first day until 2 or 3.

We are going to take a short trip on March 19th (in the evening) and the 20th, and maybe one other day the next week (Monday or Tuesday). Staying at the Castle Inn & Suites

Speaking of...I just made a lunch reservation for March 28th at Lamplight Lounge. I can taste the lobster nachos right now...

24 days for me. Is anyone else just counting down the days?? Trying to figure out what quick service dining we'll do for our first dinner. We don't get to the parks our first day until 2 or 3.
I use the ticker on here to count down but my boyfriend actual has a tracker on his phone. Down to just a little over a month for us. I keep changing my plans trying to maximize chances at ROTR BG, being able to enjoy the F&W festival and still be able to do everything else we want but at a slow and relaxed pace. Ack!

I use the ticker on here to count down but my boyfriend actual has a tracker on his phone. Down to just a little over a month for us. I keep changing my plans trying to maximize chances at ROTR BG, being able to enjoy the F&W festival and still be able to do everything else we want but at a slow and relaxed pace. Ack!

Yes! We have changed our plans a few times over the past few months. We haven't decided if we will try for a ROTR BG yet. None of us are in to Star Wars at all and our girls aren't super adventurous. I showed my daughter the You Tube video of the ride and she said "nope." I am concerned for rope drop though. We will be doing that and from what I've read on here it's a madhouse.

I have a countdown on my phone and on my work calendar. I think I am more excited for the surprise part of the trip than anything else!

I struggle with this too. I want to sometimes be spontaneous and be able to relax, but I also am a big planner. First world problems, I guess. :)

... I am concerned for rope drop though. We will be doing that and from what I've read on here it's a madhouse...
Keep up with the ROTR Superthread for daily updates on conditions at park opening. Right now, there are consistent reports that arriving shortly after opening (after the BG madness has died down and the mass crowd in Town Square and on Main Street has dispersed) is the answer to a calm entry. If you know you won't want a BG for ROTR, then try arriving at the gates around 30 minutes or so after the gates open. You should avoid the whole mess. We arrived last Saturday about an hour after opening -- breezed into the structure, no line at bag check, no lines at the gates, easy sailing all day! Just avoided SWGE and didn't see any craziness in the parks.

Alright folks, I’m going to give this a go! If you post your dates and hotel below, I will add you to the original post as I am able. If I miss you, it was not intentional. Just nudge me or post again :-)

I do my best, but am not super tuned in to breaking news from Disney. If anyone hears of any announcements, ride closures or re-openings, SWGE info, or other important information that could affect our March trips, please post for the good of the order. Happy vacation!

2/28-3/4 JadeDarkstar
2/29-3/4 kikismomHilton Convention Center
2/29-3/8 RaimietteDays Inn Anaheim West
3/1-3/2 Erin M—Del Sol
3/1-3/6 SyndromeGrand Californian DVC Studio
3/2-3/5 bobafettfanBWPPI
3/2-3/6 DanTAnaheim RV Park
3/2-3/7 LewdannieDLH/GCH DVC Studio Villa
3/3-3/12 sncarse8HoJo
3/5-3/12 JedimdesGrand Californian
3/6-3/13 rgmills25Camelot Inn
3/7-3/10 MatthewThompson87Grand Californian
3/7-3/11 DaisybelleBWPPI
3/8 & 3/10 VandVsmama
3/8-3/11 jaina—Motel 6
3/8-3/14 gerilyneGCH
3/8-3/14 TikiTrollGCH
3/8-3/13 Canadian HarmonyTropicana
3/8-3/14 Mickeybell—BWPPI
3/8-3/15 Diszona—DLH
3/9-3/13 camara381Paradise Pier
3/10-3/12 basketkingBWPPI
3/10-3/12 Piglet99645Desert Inn and Suites.
3/10-3/14 Christina-B-NaBW Stovalls
3/11-3/15 DreamtheImpossibleFour Points by Sheraton
3/11-3/17 MottermannFairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim, DLH, Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim
3/13-3/17 Not Your Mom—GCH

3/14-3/16 Abbeyroad6282Anaheim Clarion
3/14-3/19 pokee99—Courtyard by Marriott Theme Park Entrance
3/14-3/29 YukonMommyAnaheim Desert Inn and Suites
3/15-3/19 PixieT78Desert Inn and Suites
3/16-3/18 IslaLila—Hojo
3/16-3/20 MickeyT—Desert Inn
3/16-3/20 BellaandMickey
3/17-3/21 Disney<333—Holiday Inn/VGC
3/18-3/24 GatorMama
3/19-3/22 Poppins2010GCH
3/20-3/22 gometrosGCH DVC Studio Villa
3/20-3/22 tlovesdisMotel 6 Maingate
3/20-3/24 jvncnt
3/22-3/28 MajorasMask—GCH
3/22-3/29 ToffskyDisneyland Hotel (3/22-25) and Camelot Inn (3/25-29)
3/23-3/25 dislvr75
3/23-3/28 TikiRobDLH or BWPPI
3/26-3/28 mernin—Fairfield Marriott Inn
3/26-3/29 harmon54—GCH
3/26-3/28 Mommy2PrincessAbbyBWPPI
3/27-3/29 cptmemo—Worldmark

3/28-3/31 DkibbonDisneyland Hotel
3/30-4/4 EmJBWPPI

3/16-3/20 ValpoCory-Hojo

Everyone—I believe I’ve updated Post #17 with all the new check-ins. If I missed you, please let me know and I will add you as soon as I am able.

Unfortunately, I am dealing with an emergency and will have to step away from the board over the weekend and possibly next week. I’m not ghosting you :) I look forward to reading all the new posts when I get back.

Everyone—I believe I’ve updated Post #17 with all the new check-ins. If I missed you, please let me know and I will add you as soon as I am able.

Unfortunately, I am dealing with an emergency and will have to step away from the board over the weekend and possibly next week. I’m not ghosting you :) I look forward to reading all the new posts when I get back.
O no! Hope everything is ok or will be ok!!!!
Thank you for all your hard work!!!

Going to LA from march 19 to 28th. Although I will visit DL onetime on the 21st, my "Anaheim stay" will be from 25th to 28th, staying at Clarion Inn.

Sending good thoughts your way and hoping that all is well with you and your family!

I hope all is well or ends up being okay.

Thanks ASUmom! Fellow Arizonan? For whatever reason I’ve been really nervous about trying this hotel out for the 1st time but it sounds like it will be great! Hadn’t heard about the garden so thanks for the heads up. Will definitely check it out.

Hi Christina,

We are from Tucson :)

Michelle

Not your Mom...I think I also saw that your trip next month is a bday trip? Me too!!! Well sorta… It’s mostly just a trip because we are missing Disney and haven’t been there in almost 2 years but we’re going the week before my birthday so it sort of morphed into a way to celebrate my b-day too at my favorite place on earth! ❤️ Happy Bday in advance.
Wish March would hurry up and get here!

Not your Mom...I think I also saw that your trip next month is a bday trip? Me too!!! Well sorta… It’s mostly just a trip because we are missing Disney and haven’t been there in almost 2 years but we’re going the week before my birthday so it sort of morphed into a way to celebrate my b-day too at my favorite place on earth! ❤ Happy Bday in advance.
Wish March would hurry up and get here!

Thank you and Happy early birthday to you! My birthday will be the day after we arrive (3/14) and my twins birthday is the week after we leave (3/27) so we will be celebrating three birthdays. This is their birthday gift as I am not going to throw a party for them after all the $$ we will be spending in Disneyland.

Would love to hear all about your trip including things you really enjoyed/didn't like when you return :)

I had waitlisted the Grand Californian (with really low expectations of it coming through) and booked FFI on points. My first night wait list came through today but not my second night so now I have to decide if I want to switch hotels or just stay at FFI. I’m only staying 2 nights. I have 2 weeks to cancel my studio at GC without the points going into holding. WWYD?

I had waitlisted the Grand Californian (with really low expectations of it coming through) and booked FFI on points. My first night wait list came through today but not my second night so now I have to decide if I want to switch hotels or just stay at FFI. I’m only staying 2 nights. I have 2 weeks to cancel my studio at GC without the points going into holding. WWYD?
If staying at GC is important to you and you have a little time to make a decision...I’d wait a little bit, cross fingers and see if night 2 becomes available. If it doesn’t, I would personally cancel as the hassle of moving for only 1 night wouldn’t be worth it to me. You may get a little magic and have night 2 come up! 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter