Mask mandate doubled down--keep them on while dining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost me in April on this one... Follow the science simply isn't being used... There are well over 11 peer reviewed published scientific studies that show mask don't work when it comes to the spread of MICROSCOPIC VIRUS' pre-2019.
The positive test are down 77% over the last 6 weeks and that is well before any of the vaccines could take effect.
John's Hopkin's Epidemiologist stated that we likely reach herd immunity by April.
And DISNEY pulls this garbage out of their butts!
My wife and I went to Universal in October and dined at WDW several times on that trip, but I'm not going to spend my money and have WDW double down on their Cultish Mask policies! We tolerated the mask bull crap long enough, my money is going to Universal in April as they are not ridiculous with their political theater like Disney. Universal allowed us to take our mask off for pictures by the way.

I can’t imagine being a grown adult and whining about something so trivial. This is barely a change over what the rule was before. These temper tantrums are hilarious. This is such a non issue and should have been the rule all along.

My own little kids wear masks with ease and no complaints while adults throw temper tantrums about it. Just absolutely hilarious.

They lost me in April on this one... Follow the science simply isn't being used... There are well over 11 peer reviewed published scientific studies that show mask don't work when it comes to the spread of MICROSCOPIC VIRUS' pre-2019.
The positive test are down 77% over the last 6 weeks and that is well before any of the vaccines could take effect.
John's Hopkin's Epidemiologist stated that we likely reach herd immunity by April.
And DISNEY pulls this garbage out of their butts!
My wife and I went to Universal in October and dined at WDW several times on that trip, but I'm not going to spend my money and have WDW double down on their Cultish Mask policies! We tolerated the mask bull crap long enough, my money is going to Universal in April as they are not ridiculous with their political theater like Disney. Universal allowed us to take our mask off for pictures by the way.
They were telling people in the Universal AP Lounge to put their masks on if they weren’t actively drinking. You couldn’t just sit there with a bottle of Coke and leave your mask off.

I think this is dumb. But I understand probably why Disney is doing it. Yesterday evening, I thought about cancelling our early June trip, but changed my mind because my kids so desperately want to go. I hate this news rule. But we will follow it.

Ironically, I got an email yesterday from Touring Plans stating that their crowd estimates for every day of our trip have dropped. Some by a lot, like from a 5-6 to a 3.

We usually keep our mask on until the CM brings water and put it back on when finished eating. The other guests around you maybe why it was implemented. Take - out maybe the wave of the future for resort sit downs. It was used a lot at YC when we were there last week.

Last edited:
I think this is dumb. But I understand probably why Disney is doing it. Yesterday evening, I thought about cancelling our early June trip, but changed my mind because my kids so desperately want to go. I hate this news rule. But we will follow it.

Ironically, I got an email yesterday from Touring Plans stating that their crowd estimates for every day of our trip have dropped. Some by a lot, like from a 5-6 to a 3.

The rules could change 10 times before June.

This is the last thing that I’ll say on the topic, because going back and forth on it is a totally futile effort.

I hope that everyone who is against this change will still respect it if they choose to do TS. If you don’t believe in wearing masks at your table and won’t comply, don’t do TS. We’ve had a poster on one of these threads flat out say he won’t comply.

Do not make this harder on the CMs who are showing up day after day to serve guest after demanding guest. Give them the respect they deserve and follow the rules.

Last edited:
Universal opened up volcano bay and legit no masks in sight (once inside) on these opening day videos. This is how blizzard beach will be I'm assuming. Come fall if enough folks have vaccines I can see most the thing being lifted. Or I hope so.

Hopefully, all have had ample opportunity to express their unique opinions.

If this is indeed a modification of the WDW Restaurant policy in place since reopening last summer, the DIS still supports Disney policy and discussion or ways around that is not allowed.

If this is merely an unsupported rumor, then there has been no change from the policy in place since reopening last summer.

Regardless, the arguing, insults and the volume of inaccurate statements have had their opportunity and this thread is now closed.

No need to restart in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter