Mask mandates being lifted in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Mask mandates in Iowa and Montana have been lifted, and my friend's gym in IL has removed their mandate as well. I'm noticing way fewer people wearing them where I live, in NJ. I'm sure it's because of cases dropping.

Last edited:
I’m in NJ also. I see people still wearing them most of the time when I’m out in stores since they’re still mandatory there but at work we barely wear them in our admin suite. We’re all vaccinated in my area. Even the docs are easing up on wearing them when we’re in our area away from patients. There’s been talk of our hospital system hopefully getting rid of masks by 2022.

As stated in another post, Pfizer tests shows once you received both shoots you are not a carrier. So, those who have received the vaccine do not really need to wear masks.

All I've read is that the viral load is lower which equates to less transmisability not ZERO transmisability. This data is about 3 weeks old though.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...d-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19Still, those lower viral loads observed in the coronavirus test samples suggest that even if vaccinated people get infected, they may release less virus into the environment in respiratory droplets and aerosols. And that hints that vaccinated people may be less contagious, although the studies looked only at people who got Pfizer’s vaccine. If true, that could help speed the end of the pandemic and a return to some sort of normalcy.

I keep wondering what the threshold is for when mask wearing would stop being mandated? Does anyone live where people aren't generally required to wear masks?

Same here. If anything mask usage is up in our area. I notice families in our neighborhood now just where them on a stroll.

Same. I am often the only person outside without a mask. Just running or biking...I absolutely cannot wear a mask during exercise. Tried and it was unbearable. It's also super unnecessary, although I do double mask indoors.

I live on the west coast of FL. All corporate owned stores in my town still have signs on the doors saying ‘masks required’ but most stores only 70-50% of people are wearing masks. I do work in the hospital and people are not lined up in the hallways dying like is portrayed on local news. Plenty of people come in and test positive but it’s few and far between who are actually sick enough to be admitted. And of those admitted almost all are in their 70s 80s or 90s. Anyway, my theory is the people not wearing masks have either had it, weren’t worried about it to begin with or have been vaccinated.

I keep wondering what the threshold is for when mask wearing would stop being mandated? Does anyone live where people aren't generally required to wear masks?

I’m in Missouri and we never had a mandate here. Some places are required, like the grocery store, Target, etc and there masks are mostly worn. A few still don’t and I’ve never seen anyone say anything to those who don’t. A lot of places have no requirement and I’d say it’s maybe 50/50 in those places. They have attempted to make people wear one walking into the gym but not while exercising, but pretty much no one wears one at all including the workers. A lot of people around here (me included) only wear them when absolutely required, and I see hardly anyone ever wear them outside.

Our state mask mandate expired towards the end of January. We didn’t have a statewide mask mandate until mid November. Most of the bigger cities in the state have kept a mask mandate and in cities without, most business require them. It seems most people wear masks but I also only leave the house once a week so I don’t really see a lot of people anyways

I avoid large places like the grocery store, Walmart etc. so I can’t say what’s happening there but anywhere I have been people are wearing masks and staying apart with no complaints.

My sister lives in a town/county that technically has a mandate but they pretty much ignore it. The population is something like 902 people, they have a single grocery store, no restaurants, no take out, no bars. They have had 346 cases, over 1/3 of their population in a place that’s basically isolated with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

I don’t see my Governor lifting the mandate anytime soon. It’s just not how he rolls. Even if he did I will continue to wear a mask when out until me and mine are fully vaccinated.

I live in the Twin Cities and I would say a few months ago, we were at close to 95% of ppl wearing them. I see far fewer now, though. IDC...I can only control me so it's doesn't bother me at all, and I surely hope they don't feel judged (by me or others). That said, we bought vacation property in NW Wisconsin and went up there last weekend. Being that we are so used to wearing them, it was just second nature to grab them and put them on before going into the stores up there.

We were the only ones, outside of the ppl working, to be wearing them. And they DEFINITELY judged us! Ha. Again, I can only control me, so whatever...but so weird that only 15 miles in from the MN border, it was like a different world.

I would LIKE to be done with masks ASAP, but I will go by what I observe with watching the virus trends. I just got some new pretty ones, so...I see them as accessories vs "muzzles" as some like to say.

I live in the Twin Cities and I would say a few months ago, we were at close to 95% of ppl wearing them. I see far fewer now, though. IDC...I can only control me so it's doesn't bother me at all, and I surely hope they don't feel judged (by me or others). That said, we bought vacation property in NW Wisconsin and went up there last weekend. Being that we are so used to wearing them, it was just second nature to grab them and put them on before going into the stores up there.

We were the only ones, outside of the ppl working, to be wearing them. And they DEFINITELY judged us! Ha. Again, I can only control me, so whatever...but so weird that only 15 miles in from the MN border, it was like a different world.

I would LIKE to be done with masks ASAP, but I will go by what I observe with watching the virus trends. I just got some new pretty ones, so...I see them as accessories vs "muzzles" as some like to say.
What you saw is prevalent in many parts of Wisconsin.

Milwaukee and Madison are the only areas really still masking up consistently.

People in my immediate area are wearing them. Now my husband traveled to a small town about 90 minutes away earlier this week on business and said no one was wearing them.

Yes, Wisconsin is like going to another planet. When I am there, I can't wait to leave.

Where we live, mask discipline has always been surprisingly good -- MUCH to my surprise, BTW.

I just got my 2nd Pfizer vaccination today, but I will continue to wear a mask as long as they are recommended. Part of that is mandatory if I want to enter most stores, of course -- but even if I am both protected and could somehow be guaranteed that I could not possibly be contagious, I'd still wear a mask just as a means of "community support" or something.

My postal carrier has both HAD Covid, and has now had both her shots, but she still wears her mask just because it's expected, and that will be my approach as well.

I've never understood people making a big deal out of having to wear a mask. It's a trivial inconvenience, at worst, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter