Mask mandates being lifted in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go to urgent care yesterday for a totally stupid and non-covid-related issue, and they're requesting patients double mask. So I had my pretty fabric mask over a blue disposable that they gave me, and my O2 was still 100.

I think the constant cleaning and sanitizing at this point has more to do with psychology than anything. It isn't an expectation because of any faith that it helps. It is an expectation because it makes people feel like you're doing everything you can and therefore they're safe in your space. It is a way of rationalizing away risk. And for the people still sanitizing everything, it is a means of asserting a small measure of control in an out of control situation.

I've seen it called "Hygiene Theater." Very little chance that you can pick up COVID from a surface, if you can at all. They've realized that. In the beginning they had no clue. But gallons of hand sanitizer and wiping things down in front of people makes everyone feel better. It sure is something that makes people feel Disney is a protective bubble. But you know what, it doesn't hurt to have high use surfaces cleaned, in general.

Off-subject a bit here and I'm jumping to a lot of conclusions here :P . Since you mentioned "cruise" and "sanitizing" I"m assuming you got the typical cruise ship Norovirus? If so, sanitizer does nothing to stop that. It requires bleach. Just my PSA (although maybe you just got a cold or respiratory something in which case that would have been mostly airborne). Anyway, back to the topic at hand!
I don't even know, but I have been on 4 cruises and only made it through one of them not sick. ugh!

I’m going out on a limb on our trip in March because I really don’t enjoy wearing them. (Totally understand the need though!) Thankfully it doesn’t bother my kids, so they’ll be ok! Looking forward to the day everyone can be happy and healthy!

I'm actually shocked at it being Trader Joes...who by all accounts is all about that peace, love and kindness to your neighbor stuff lol

They just don't have the staffing to really do it, people won't like prices to go up too much to cover paying people to stand and clean carts.

I've seen it called "Hygiene Theater." Very little chance that you can pick up COVID from a surface, if you can at all. They've realized that. In the beginning they had no clue. But gallons of hand sanitizer and wiping things down in front of people makes everyone feel better. It sure is something that makes people feel Disney is a protective bubble. But you know what, it doesn't hurt to have high use surfaces cleaned, in general.

It bothers some people, some people are very sensitize to certain cleaners. Just depends on what is being used and how often and the luck that person is near it.

I was kidding. I have tons in all shapes and sizes but they are still laying in my car and in my purse and don't get washed after every single time I use them. If we were doing it correctly, we would put them on, not touch them once they're on, and wash or toss them the minute we took them off. I don't know anyone that puts a fresh one on after they took it off and maybe headed to another store. We all hang them on the mirror or put them in our purse etc...then throw it back on for the next store. Defeats the purpose of them keeping us germ free lol
I always wash mine after an outing. Never hang on my mirror or toss in my purse. That’s gross. But then again as a ski family, gaiters were always washed after use. Seem so like common sense to me. 🤷‍♀️

I always wash mine after an outing. Never hang on my mirror or toss in my purse. That’s gross. But then again as a ski family, gaiters were always washed after use. Seem so like common sense to me. 🤷‍♀️
Of course after an outing, but after each building or after each time you remove it for any reason like doctors do?

Yeah, I don't see a big downside to it if the organizations are able to absorb the cost of keeping it up. I personally don't use much hand sanitizer but wiping down high-touch surfaces seems like a good practice that I wouldn't mind seeing continue. I'm kind of enjoying the winter without colds and flu and stomach bugs coming at us from every quarter like they normally would with three kids in the house.

Of course after an outing, but after each building or after each time you remove it for any reason like doctors do?

No but I’d also assume my potential exposure is lower than a doctor. I can stay further away from people and I don’t treat sick people.

I don't even know, but I have been on 4 cruises and only made it through one of them not sick. ugh!
I know others who pick up frequent bugs while cruising. And we've been on cruises in the double digits and never gotten sick.

Last edited:
This is my best friend. Her knuckles were red and stinging. I HATE that feeling you described as velcro! Ugh! Especially when you touch a microfiber towel! :crazy2: I had that happen to me in just 3 days on a cruise trying to not get sick. I was sanitizing at every turn until my hands were peeling....I still got sick. I can't IMAGINE the damage of all that sanitizer after a year of this! I rarely use it. I just wash my hands as usual. My hands stay cleaner than most all day anyway from washing hair lol. After all this time and not getting sick, I'm convinced that not over sanitizing the beneficial bacteria away has been key. If you don't believe me...wipe your butt with a anti-bacterial wet ones thinking it's a baby wipe and see what happens. :joker::joker::joker:
find these they are wonderful I use 1 about every 2-3 weeks check amazon and costco, if you know someone with a cosmetologist license I get them for 2.50 each online. I got them from Fabfitfun

https://voesh.com/collections/mani-in-a-box/products/mani-in-a-box-variety-pack

Yeah, I don't see a big downside to it if the organizations are able to absorb the cost of keeping it up. I personally don't use much hand sanitizer but wiping down high-touch surfaces seems like a good practice that I wouldn't mind seeing continue. I'm kind of enjoying the winter without colds and flu and stomach bugs coming at us from every quarter like they normally would with three kids in the house.
We have also enjoyed a full year of absolutely no colds or flu's in our household and that has been great. Our girls are doing school online and are not bringing the normal school bugs back home with them, especially elementary school.

We have also enjoyed a full year of absolutely no colds or flu's in our household and that has been great. Our girls are doing school online and are not bringing the normal school bugs back home with them, especially elementary school.

Mine is in school in person and has been since the fall but still hasn't brought home a single cold/flu/stomach bug this year. Between the masks and the cleaning, normal school germs don't stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter