• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mask Rules Changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing news! Definitely a step in the right direction. We went with masks required and my daughter came home with Covid anyway. I really hope this is the real end of masking in Disney World.
The policy change is not the 'end of masking" at Disney World or DL. The latest masking policies for unvaccinated are completely unchanged, and masks are still required on some of the transportation for all guests.

True, but Florida law doesn’t allow Disney World to verify who is vaccinated and who is not. So it’s an honor system.
Agree. But many are ignoring the parts of the Disney official policy that state masking policies are currently changing only for the vaccinated. That's the only point I was trying to pull to the front. It's not the end of masking at Disney - not yet.

Is Disney actually checking vaccination status at all or is this going to be an honor based system? We're all fully vaccinated but I think we'll still be masking while we're there.

can someone explain how this works?
according to what i've seen, disney said that those who are vaccinated won't have to wear masks.
Two questions:
1. How will they know whether anyone over the age of 5 is vaccinated or not.
2. Does this mean that children under 5 will be the only ones required to wear a mask? (since they can't be vaccinated yet)

i'm asking because in our group of 9, all of us are vaccinated and double boostered (4 doses so far), but the 3 year old isn't.
So will she have to wear a mask?

They will not be checking for proof of vaccination. I think it's likely they will not ask how old the children are either. But they "expect" anyone unvaccinated age 2 or older to wear a mask indoors. It appears there won't be any type of enforcement. However, masks are "required" on transportation conveyances (buses, monorails, Skyliner, etc) for all guests 2 and older regardless of vaccination status, which is the result of a federal mandate that expires on March 18, and will still be enforced until that time, unless it is extended by the federal government.

Last edited:

In the interest of those who like to be prepared (and if there's one thing Covid has taught me, it's this), if you have a trip coming up I advise bringing more masks than you think you'll need. We were there last summer when they reinstated masks and people were scrambling to buy them.

The policy change is not the 'end of masking" at Disney World or DL. The latest masking policies for unvaccinated are completely unchanged, and masks are still required on some of the transportation for all guests.
Not really. The policy for unvaccinated has changed to “required” to “expected”. That’s different on purpose.

can someone explain how this works?
according to what i've seen, disney said that those who are vaccinated won't have to wear masks.
Two questions:
1. How will they know whether anyone over the age of 5 is vaccinated or not.
2. Does this mean that children under 5 will be the only ones required to wear a mask? (since they can't be vaccinated yet)

i'm asking because in our group of 9, all of us are vaccinated and double boostered (4 doses so far), but the 3 year old isn't.
So will she have to wear a mask?
Policy now says “expected” not “required”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter