Mason Title closing experience

Days from Contract to closing

• Total voters

MamaMouseMcLean

Earning My Ears
I know there’s a thread for closing to points. But I was curious about peoples experience specifically with Mason title. Days from ROFR to contract/closing and points?

We received word that we passed ROFR today! First purchase

The thing is that closing is dependent on the sellers and that timeline isn’t in control of the title company. Neither is the loading of the contract so I think the answers will vary based on that.
Gotcha. I was wondering about that. It seems like closing dates vary so much even though Mason seems to be quick to get contracts sent out. I thought waiting for ROFR would be the worst part of the wait , but I change my vote haha. I imagine closing to points wll he the worst !

Gotcha. I was wondering about that. It seems like closing dates vary so much even though Mason seems to be quick to get contracts sent out. I thought waiting for ROFR would be the worst part of the wait , but I change my vote haha. I imagine closing to points wll he the worst !
I've done three resale contracts and for me the worst part has been a crappy seller. I can understand Disney because slow, or governments being slow. But a seller is just a regular ol' person like you and me and I don't understand why it can take someone weeks and weeks to simply sign a document.

Agreed that it has nothing to do with the title company and everything to do with the seller getting their docs back on time. First resale was with Mason and we got the closing docs the same day that we passed ROFR.

On my second resale with Magic Vacation Title, it took me a week after ROFR to get closing docs, and this was after finding out (from these boards) that my closing agent left the company and reaching out to them to see who my new agent would be. Probably would’ve been longer if I didn’t reach out to them.

Mason definitely seems to get contracts out fast. But I worked with them last year and even though we got documents fast, the seller took about 3 weeks to turn things in....after I said I was walking away and losing my deposit if they didn’t arrive within the week.

I'm fighting the urge to ask Cammy about my closing documents for the contract that passed ROFR 3 days ago.

I see that many get their docs same day or day after.

Cammy is the best! We FEDEX'D notarized docs from our sale Thursday and she received the package Monday. We close tomorrow.

EDIT: 8/18 before noon $$ wired to us. She is AMAZING!

Last edited:
The thing is that closing is dependent on the sellers and that timeline isn’t in control of the title company.

As a seller on three contracts I have waited on the buyers on every single step in the process with one time the title company phoning to tell me that the buyers were not even answering or returning phone calls & emails very close to the closing date (documents etc.not sent) - and here I am the dreaded international seller.

I insert a big fat eye roll on the premise of the
absolute majority of buyers being so organized and gung ho to get everything done in a timely fashion. And of course the constant misnomers about International sellers.

Last edited:
As a seller on three contracts I have waited on the buyers on every single step in the process with one time the title company phoning to tell me that the buyers were not even answering or returning phone calls & emails very close to the closing date (documents etc.not sent) - and here I am the dreaded international seller.

I insert a big fat eye roll on the premise of the
absolute majority of buyers being so organized and gung ho to get everything done in a timely fashion. And of course the constant misnomers about International sellers.
I did assume this was a buyer asking the question so why I just mentioned the sellers because typically it does take them longer than a buyer due to having to go to the notary.
But you are correct that both buyers and sellers control the timeline, along with Disney, once ROFR happens.

I'm fighting the urge to ask Cammy about my closing documents for the contract that passed ROFR 3 days ago.

I see that many get their docs same day or day after.
😂 I’m like trying to find an excuse to email and “ask a question” just because I’m impatient ! It hasn’t even been a full 24hr since I got the ROFR email 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m just antsy and excited

She was out at the end of last week, so probably up to her eyeballs in contracts LOL!
When she went on vacation a couple of months ago, she sent me a separate email letting me know before hand that she would be out (long weekend) and my docs may be "delayed" a day or two. I gather sometimes her stellar reputation, expertise and expedience (and expectations based on them) sometimes work against her.

Last edited:
Dang Cammy is fast. Documents today sent and already have closing scheduled for Monday! Would be tomorrow but my husband is out of town

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter