Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

Returned home from a week at Grand Floridian- very hard to leave! Disney was a lot more crowded than our November trip but we planned accordingly and had a great time. Flew Southwest from PVD. Flights were full (flight down had 174 passengers and my husband was the lucky one who had the lone middle seat open). I was with my 2 kids in our row. Next trip to WDW won't be until April 2022 but we are heading to the Disney's Hilton Head resort this April.

Just got my 1st Fauci-no-ouchie at Gillette Stadium. They had so many workers on hand to guide us it felt like overkill, but when it came to the one person who sat us at the stations they let the ball down and you could tell he was over stressed being the only person dealing with 6 lines of multiple stations each. Yup, I was yelled at for standing back on the "Wait here" line when he was all the way down on the other end directing the people in front of me where to sit. LOL. I read and follow directions 🤷‍♀️ Oh well.

They bring small batches of syringes out to the stations, so they'll all be fresh. The chill on them keeps the pain down, in fact I didn't feel it at all until about 2 minutes ago, and it's starting to feel like someone punched me in the arm. (Typical feel for allergy shots)

There are two sides of the stadium giving out the vaccine, your signup email will let you know in advance which side to follow directions to. I was on the west side and there were plenty of signs to direct me where to drive and park.

I highly recommend going to the Gillette site as finding the place and parking was a breeze and it was done very professionally.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got your first shot of the vaccine. I am one of the 1000s frustrated with the "process" (I use that term loosely since I think that the plan was not implemented well.) I know that I shall be able to get the vaccine eventually but it's been a challenge so far. I am always happy to hear that someone has been successful in obtaining it.

Glad to hear you got your first shot of the vaccine. I am one of the 1000s frustrated with the "process" (I use that term loosely since I think that the plan was not implemented well.) I know that I shall be able to get the vaccine eventually but it's been a challenge so far. I am always happy to hear that someone has been successful in obtaining it.
The registration process stinks. My kids are both in high risk groups and are out there working with the public 5 days a week throughout this whole ordeal, but I was the one who has to travel soon so got my name in first. Still stalking the website waiting to see if I can get anything for them. (I hear tomorrow more will be opened, it's usually thursday mornings).

The hardest part is the website has multiple stages and WILL crash as you near the end of the 8 page process. Just keep refreshing and some of the time you may not have to start over.

Last edited:
Be thankful you don't live in RI where vaccines only go to those at end of life, be unemployed living in the poorest community or those who "gotta guy" or get thrown away at the end of the day. It will be a year before I see a vaccine - white, employed, in my 50s with cancer.
my sister works in RI and lives on the line of MA and RI and her hubbys whole side lives in RI. Its a hot mess there for sure.

Be thankful you don't live in RI where vaccines only go to those at end of life, be unemployed living in the poorest community or those who "gotta guy" or get thrown away at the end of the day. It will be a year before I see a vaccine - white, employed, in my 50s with cancer.

My parents live in RI and my dad is 66 so he was eligible with the new phase. Today he got his vaccine. It sounds like you may be next with the different health conditions that also open up with the 60-65 group?

My parents live in RI and my dad is 66 so he was eligible with the new phase. Today he got his vaccine. It sounds like you may be next with the different health conditions that also open up with the 60-65 group?

Not sure - now they are saying strictly by age which is fine until McKee gets in....State workers were slipped in under the RADAR

I understand your frustrations. I teach in RI and because I’m 35, I will be last. Thank god I live in Mass!

Wow! Teachers go last?! In New York City, both my son (a restaurant server) and his GF (a speech therapist in schools) are eligible now and have appointments.

Wow! Teachers go last?! In New York City, both my son (a restaurant server) and his GF (a speech therapist in schools) are eligible now and have appointments.

No, RI is doing their shots based mostly on age for the general population. So since I’m 35, I fall in the last group which is 16-39 I believe. However since I live in MA, I can get my shot sooner even though I teach in RI.

This system is messed up. Everyone needs the vaccine, but it should be given on a case by case basis. There is some common sense to their attempts, but blanketing all of society with the same rules doesn't fly.

Example: my son is on the list of people who can receive it right now (I've looked to no avail, the website software is still a hot mess.) He's pretty healthy otherwise so chances are he'd only get a bad case should he get sick, Then again I saw what covid did to my daughter and it nearly killed her. I worry needlessly as he's very good with sanitizing, mask wearing and he was the one who initiated the saftey measures in his store buying and putting up the register plexiglass, sanitizer and gloves.

My daughter's boss is 64 and had a heart attack recently. He's scheduled for bypass surgery next week. He does NOT qualify for the vaccine despite all this and running a business where he's in contact with people who are in contact with people who have covid. Go figure that one out.

IMHO hospitals should be vaccinating all patients such as my daughter's boss and his partner. It just makes common sense.

Last edited:
Too funny, I came here to try to rent our DVC for the year and this was the first new thread that popped up!

We are new DVC members (Pete really is bad for my pocketbook) and we live in MA, we own at BWV and SSR. Cannot wait to go back but stupid freaking Covid has us too scared to travel with kids. So... we are actually taking on all the home projects that have taken a back seat to Disney vacations lol

Too funny, I came here to try to rent our DVC for the year and this was the first new thread that popped up!

We are new DVC members (Pete really is bad for my pocketbook) and we live in MA, we own at BWV and SSR. Cannot wait to go back but stupid freaking Covid has us too scared to travel with kids. So... we are actually taking on all the home projects that have taken a back seat to Disney vacations lol
New members! Welcome home!

If you are able, look into banking your points. Banked points will allow you to spoil yourselves in 2022 when everything is back to normal and we have the big 50th celebration, and hopefully all the fireworks, parades and shows to go with it.

I hear you on the stupid freaking covid, that's why this thread is taking a tangent. It's everywhere and on everyone's minds. Know you're not alone in your concerns.

New members! Welcome home!

If you are able, look into banking your points. Banked points will allow you to spoil yourselves in 2022 when everything is back to normal and we have the big 50th celebration, and hopefully all the fireworks, parades and shows to go with it.

I hear you on the stupid freaking covid, that's why this thread is taking a tangent. It's everywhere and on everyone's minds. Know you're not alone in your concerns.

Sadly we bought a resale contract with banked points with full intention of using them. And then Covid hit. We are trying to recoup the loss so we can stay at a local beach for a week. Pales in comparison doesn't it?!

Sadly we bought a resale contract with banked points with full intention of using them. And then Covid hit. We are trying to recoup the loss so we can stay at a local beach for a week. Pales in comparison doesn't it?!
It doesn't hurt to call Member services and talk to them about it. Maybe they can help you out. Maybe not. Doesn't hurt to ask.
I understand about recooping some of the cost, the dues at the very least.
I hate to see families miss out on using their points.

Greetings from SS! I arrived yesterday (solo, impromptu trip altho family will be stopping by to take me to US tmrw.) Went to EPCOT today and was delighted to find that lots of the displays for the upcoming Flower & Garden Festival are already visible. None of the special booths are open yet. It is hot, hot, hot (although the humidity is absent.) On the local news tonight, I think that I heard we'll be having record breaking temps tmrw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter