Master List of DVC Grills

MichaelColey

Mouseketeer
We have upcoming DVC stays at four different Orlando resorts, and I had a hard time finding details about which locations have grills (all of them, I believe), what types of grills (all charcoal in Orlando and Hilton Head, gas at Vero Beach, California and Aulani), and where they're located (generally around the pools). I figured I should share what I've found:

ORLANDO

Animal Kingdom Villas - Four charcoal grills near Kidani sports court.
Bay Lake Tower - Five charcoal grills to the left of the pool when facing Bay Lake.
Beach Club Villas - Two charcoal grills in the dunes area behind the villas near the quiet pool.
Boardwalk Villas - Large, party-size charcoal grill near the tennis courts on the Villa side of the complex and in the quiet pool area.
Old Key West - Charcoal grills near each of the three quiet pools.
Staratoga Springs Resort & Spa - Charcoal grills near the Congress Park and Grandstand pools, and at each Treehouse unit.
Villas at Wilderness Lodge - One charcoal grill on beach behind the bike rental shop.
Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian - There will be 2 gas grills by the sports court.

EVERYWHERE ELSE

Aulani - Four gas grills, just past Auntie's Beach House.
Grand Californian Villas - Two gas grills, just outside the south exit (away from the lobby).
Hilton Head Island - Charcoal grills.
Vero Beach - Charcoal grills across the highway by the pond and one north of building 12, near the campfire site.

You need to provide your own charcoal (the resort stores sell the match light type). You can check out utensils from the Community Hall/Center (or the resort store at Beach Club Villas). Grills are first come, first served. No reservations are required and there is seldom a wait.

If you have any updates (quantity, type, location, etc.) or additional information, please respond! If I can still edit this post, I'll keep this master list updated.

Each of the treehouses at SSR has it's own charcoal grill. I can't wait to stay in a treehouse again and use it!

Are you sure that VB's grills are gas? I think they are on the other side of A1A and what I remember is that they were charcoal grills. It has been a few years since we saw them.

I have seen the charcoal grill on the beach at VWL, I think it was close to where you rent bikes.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks! Updated.

I'm not positive, but there are quite a few threads and mentions of gas grills at Vero Beach. Searching more, I see mentions of charcoal grills as well. Perhaps both? Or perhaps they've switched at some point? I'll research it some more, and perhaps someone with recent experience can say for sure.

Thank you for the post.
I was looking for the perfect spot while checking out OKW, Saratoga, I think Congress Parks quiet pool appears to be the best (at least to me).

Question What do you do with the ashes? There doesn't appear to be a safe place to dispose of them.

Vero Beach grills are charcoal, not gas.
They do not have utensils to use.
BCV does not have utensils to use either, as far as I know, (and I asked)

We're currently at VWL and on our first night here we tried to find the grills (in the dark). No success, so I asked. I was told that there were no grills. I didn't like that answer, so I asked someone else. Same story. I went back to the room to cook the steaks in a pan, but decided to call the front desk before I started cooking them. They said the grills were on the beach behind the beach bar. I hadn't seen them there, but went for a closer look. No luck. I asked three other cast members. All three said there were no grills. SIX CAST MEMBERS - ALL WRONG.

I finally thought to check this thread and saw that it was near the rental shop. I went and looked closer there, and found THE LONE GRILL, hidden back behind the rental shop.

The steaks were worth it. And I had a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant while I grilled them.

You're such a good detective, Michael! And persistent! Hope you're having a fun trip!

Vero Beach -- this year we spotted a charcoal grill north of building 12 - near the campfire site.

We're currently at VWL and on our first night here we tried to find the grills (in the dark). No success, so I asked. I was told that there were no grills. I didn't like that answer, so I asked someone else. Same story. I went back to the room to cook the steaks in a pan, but decided to call the front desk before I started cooking them. They said the grills were on the beach behind the beach bar. I hadn't seen them there, but went for a closer look. No luck. I asked three other cast members. All three said there were no grills. SIX CAST MEMBERS - ALL WRONG.

I finally thought to check this thread and saw that it was near the rental shop. I went and looked closer there, and found THE LONE GRILL, hidden back behind the rental shop.

The steaks were worth it. And I had a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant while I grilled them.

Unless they yanked one out, there are two grills at VWL. Both in the same general area, as of December 2006 when this picture was taken:

HPIM1155-1-1-1.jpg

Unless they yanked one out, there are two grills at VWL. Both in the same general area, as of December 2006 when this picture was taken:

They might have done that. I don't see the second one in this picture taken in Nov 2009. Maybe it's because the CM's didn't know what they were......? :rolleyes1

p905593679-4.jpg

They might have done that. I don't see the second one in this picture taken in Nov 2009. Maybe it's because the CM's didn't know what they were......? :rolleyes1

Too funny Kathy! :rotfl2:

Your picture trumps mine...I'll go with one grill at VWL at this point!

Leave it to us Groupies to have pictures of WL grills old and new! ;)

On longer stays we always grill, since we're so close form home I bring all of the utensils etc. with me. I've used the grills at OKW many times and also at SSR! Thanks for the info on the other resorts!

as far as those CM's who didn't know about the grills, they are kind of tucked away, out of sight, plus most people would expect to see a bigger type of gas grill!

It's nice to see your vigilence paid off!

Thank you!
So glad this post was moved up today. Staying at BCV and we were sure there weren't grill there. Time to add to the grocery list :)

Thanks for the updates, fellow DVC grill lovers! I've updated the main post.

I'm currently at OKW, and the nearest quiet pool has two grills. I haven't checked near the main pool, but I suspect they're only near the quiet pools.

At VWL, I walked up and down the edge of the woods where we found the one grill, and didn't see any sign of a second one. We'll be back there in a couple weeks, so I'll check again just to make sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter