Max Occupancy in DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dh and I with our 3 kids two who were 3 and 1 who was 19 went last October and stayed at the BCV in a studio. I guess my next question is by the time we go again which is going to be next October for the festival(does anyone know when the days come out for that) will they allow 3 adults and 2 children in a studio I just don't see the point in spending more moeny or using more points if my children can stay in one bed and my Dh and I can go on the pullout couch bed...
4 plus 1 under 3, no legal exceptions that I am aware of since they made the changes a few years ago (? 2003).

My Dh and I with our 3 kids two who were 3 and 1 who was 19 went last October and stayed at the BCV in a studio. I guess my next question is by the time we go again which is going to be next October for the festival(does anyone know when the days come out for that) will they allow 3 adults and 2 children in a studio I just don't see the point in spending more moeny or using more points if my children can stay in one bed and my Dh and I can go on the pullout couch bed...

If two of your children were already 3 and one was 19, you exceeded occupancy in the studio. Studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three. You are already a family of five. You'll need a one bedroom or two bedroom for your family.

If two of your children were already 3 and one was 19, you exceeded occupancy in the studio. Studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three. You are already a family of five. You'll need a one bedroom or two bedroom for your family.

Really?

I think it's completely unreasonable to go all letter of the law in this situation. Common sense should always dictate.

Really?

I think it's completely unreasonable to go all letter of the law in this situation. Common sense should always dictate.

Not with DVC. They are pretty strict on occupancy in studios. A family of five needs a one bedroom villa at least.

Occupancy limits are the common sense with DVC, not what individuals want to do.

Really?

And what's wrong with following the letter of the law? It keeps our maintenance fees down with wear and tear.

Really?

There are reasons for rules. common sense is to follow what DVC allows which is currently 4 plus 1 under 3 for studios. Dishonesty would be to sneak in the 5th.

I don't see the problem for your next trip. There will be 3 adults, one child and one child under 3. That is within the 4 adults and one under three limit.

I don't see the problem for your next trip. There will be 3 adults, one child and one child under 3. That is within the 4 adults and one under three limit.

I don't think so. It sounds like the poster has one adult child age 19+ and twins that are 3. It doesn't say there are any children under 3 years of age.

So 3 adults and 2 children age 3 or over.

Not with DVC. They are pretty strict on occupancy in studios. A family of five needs a one bedroom villa at least.

Occupancy limits are the common sense with DVC, not what individuals want to do.

I think DVC exercised the common sense in the above situation by allowing the two three year olds.

There are reasons for rules. common sense is to follow what DVC allows which is currently 4 plus 1 under 3 for studios. Dishonesty would be to sneak in the 5th.

Rules everywhere are massaged every day to fit unique situations as common sense dictates. We'll have to agree to disagree on the heinous nature on this one. And it seems DVC does as well.

Rules everywhere are massaged every day to fit unique situations as common sense dictates. We'll have to agree to disagree on the heinous nature on this one. And it seems DVC does as well.

I doubt there was an exception made. More likely, DVC either had the ages of the children wrong or not all of them were properly listed on the reservation. My understanding is that DVC functionally cannot list that many people on a Studio reservation. They don't have the capacity to make an exception, much less the willingness.

To answer OP's question, no DVC does not permit 5 occupants age 3+ in a Studio villa. The maximum allowable is 4 occupants plus 1 under age 3.

While the exact occupancy limits have been altered slightly over the years, DVC is very rigid in enforcing whatever standards they have established at a given point in time.

Just a reminder, as the discussion seems to be taking a turn over the last several posts, that the DISBoards does not allow posters to suggest or encourage breaking established or published Disney/DVC policy.

Thanks

DVC's rule is clear for the studio but they occasionally have rogue CMs. If a guest puts more in than DVC has authorized, and they do it intentionally and knowingly, they are by definition, dishonest. There is no other way to look at it.

No flames please, as I'm seeking opinions (and if there any "rules" regarding this).

We've just got back from a DVC points stay. There were 3 couples, all of whom enjoy their space /privacy, so we had a 2BR with 2 couples in it, and a studio with the other couple, but chosen this way so all 3 couples had access to the facilities of the 2BR for the freezer and washer dryer.

So, 6 people in 3 bedrooms, in 2 physical rooms.
Maximum occupancy is 9 for the 2 BR, and 4 for the studio, so 13 (instead of 6).

If we had had a larger group (say 6 couples), could we have booked all 12 into those same rooms, and then had 3 couples staying offsite so everyone still got their space, but the other couples still got EMH, DME, and free parking?.
I accept that it might get 'tricky' if one added DDP into the mix, but would this be allowable? Ethical?.

If it isn't ethical, is there any difference between deliberately planning this and the situation where 12 people book into that 2BR and studio, intending to stay there, and then discover that tempers are fraying over the space / 4 bathrooms, and 3 couples move off-site.....

Has anyone done this?. I'm interested in views, or reasoned arguments against (again, no flames for or against, please).

No flames please, as I'm seeking opinions (and if there any "rules" regarding this).

We've just got back from a DVC points stay. There were 3 couples, all of whom enjoy their space /privacy, so we had a 2BR with 2 couples in it, and a studio with the other couple, but chosen this way so all 3 couples had access to the facilities of the 2BR for the freezer and washer dryer.

Maximum occupancy is 9 for the 2 BR, and 4 for the studio, so 13 (instead of 6).

If we had had a larger group (say 6 couples), could we have booked all 12 into those same rooms, and then had 3 couples staying offsite so everyone still got their space, but the other couples still got EMH, DME, and free parking?.
I accept that it might get 'tricky' if one added DDP into the mix, but would this be allowable? Ethical?.

If it isn't ethical, is there any difference between deliberately planning this and the situation where 12 people book into that 2BR and studio, intending to stay there, and then discover that tempers are fraying over the space / 4 bathrooms, and 3 couples move off-site.....

Has anyone done this?. I'm interested in views, or reasoned arguments against (again, no flames for or against, please).

In my opinion, the member paid for the points for the maximum number in the room. So I don't see why it would be "against the rules". They don't do bed checks to make sure everyone listed in the room is actually sleeping there.

Memorial Day weekend, we had a 2 bdrm booked and had 9 names on the reservations. The final group changed with only 7 people plus one infant sleeping in the room, BUT I kept my DB and DSIL on the reservation. He ended up staying at his house but he did have a key to use during the day when he was visiting us. You will get keys for all the names on the reservation. You can decide who has charging privileges. My DH and I were the only ones with cards that could charge to the room, the cards had a number code. The rest of the family had room key only on their keycards.

If you are selling your unused occupancy as a service there might be an ethical dilemna there otherwise I don't see a problem.

As a fellow member who shares the maintence fees having rooms packed to capacity is not ideal because it is more wear and tear so I certainly don't care if people are staying off of property.

I don't see how Disney really should care either.

From a personal view, I do not see it as a problem. The number assigned to each room is still within limits and it does not adversely affect other members. They are in fact registered for the rooms and someone is actually paying for the rooms (via points). Moreover, I am not aware of any sepcific rule that says you cannot do it.

However, this is one where only Disney could probably give the final answer. It may be fine with that arrangement. Then again, it may say it violates the rules established that free parking, EMH, DME, possibly other amenities (such as use of pool) are only available to those staying on site and that this "dual" registration which results in the guest actually staying off-site does not fit within the rules. For example, it may look at things like free parking, EMH, DME to be exclusively for those staying only on site and looks at those as perks given because of the expectation that while actually physically staying on site, the guests are likely to spend more money at WDW (including using the profitable restaurants on site) than those who are staying off site). Despite that my guess is Disney would not care either if you did the dual reservation and still used the Disney amenities.

I recently returned from the BWV, with a one bedroom. It was myself, my wife and my three children. Originally my 19 year old wasn't suspose to come but he was able to get out of college early. Either way we had no problems at all. I'm sure you won't either. it may have been a tad crowed but no other isues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter