Max Occupancy in DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So confused...

I know VGC ofiicially allow five in a 1 bedroom - there's a murphy bed for the 5th person. All linens and bedding are included for that 5th person.

It sounds like AKV has some rooms like this too.

What other DVC resorts officially allow for 5 in a room? We're traveling from the west so it's very unlikely we'll have room for bedding and towels for that 5th person. We could reserve a 2 bedroom but it seems ridiculous when we won't be using that extra bedroom and bathroom.

So confused...

I know VGC ofiicially allow five in a 1 bedroom - there's a murphy bed for the 5th person. All linens and bedding are included for that 5th person.

It sounds like AKV has some rooms like this too.

What other DVC resorts officially allow for 5 in a room? We're traveling from the west so it's very unlikely we'll have room for bedding and towels for that 5th person. We could reserve a 2 bedroom but it seems ridiculous when we won't be using that extra bedroom and bathroom.
DVC currently allows 5 in all 1BR units except the AKV values. They will allow 5 plus an infant under 3 and provide bedding for AKV & BLT and possibly OKW. This is by having a pull out queen and a pull out single in the LR. For BLT and AKV, they have a separate smaller second bath as well.

DVC currently allows 5 in all 1BR units except the AKV values. They will allow 5 plus an infant under 3 and provide bedding for AKV & BLT and possibly OKW. This is by having a pull out queen and a pull out single in the LR. For BLT and AKV, they have a separate smaller second bath as well.

So that limits us a bit. Thanks for the info, Dean. I guess we'll choose from AKV, BLT and OKW.

We may splurge for the 2 bedroom because we're thinking we want an Epcot resort. And this is all based on availability @ 7 months out because our home resort is not at WDW.

We have found that the challenge is not where to put people when you have more than the official number of guests. Instead it is the DDP. You can't get the DDP for any people beyond the rooms occupancy. So then we have DDP for the two adults and two of the kids but then the third kid is a cash pay at all the restaurants ... bummer and confusing...

We have found that the challenge is not where to put people when you have more than the official number of guests. Instead it is the DDP. You can't get the DDP for any people beyond the rooms occupancy. So then we have DDP for the two adults and two of the kids but then the third kid is a cash pay at all the restaurants ... bummer and confusing...

Everyone listed on the reservation can get DDP including that 5th person that DVC allows.

Denise in MI

IF all five people are on the reservation all get the option of the DDP and also the Magical Express transfer.

We have done this twice. Once at BCV and once at Saratoga. We often bring my nephew with us and we are a family of four. We find there is absolutely no reason to upgrade to a two bedroom and our "Kids" are 12, 14 and 15 (with the 15 year old at 6"4. He actually sleeps better on our blow up bed which we easily bring in a carry on with its own sheets than on the pull out in the resort.

If you have five people you can book at any one bedroom at Disney. We own at BLT and of course having the extra bathroom in the one bedroom is very nice so we will probably stay there or AKV from now on.

Two bedrooms are great if you have the points. I would prefer to stay longer or more often then have an extra room. I don't watch TV at Disney! They don't have channels I like to watch and I am too exhausted from the parks!

To each their own but I am glad that Disney is flexible with this option. They also seemed to go in the right direction with adding an extra bath and bed in the 1brs at the newer resorts.

We don't have room for an inflatable bed. We're going from Univeral to WDW to DCL. As it is, I'm not sure how we're going to have room for formal wear, pirate wear, etc. Luggage fees will already be shocking without a bedding and towels for kid #3.

I wish Disney would provide this stuff in all DVC 1 bedrooms. Kinda silly to waste the points on that extra room we won't use except to steal the sheets and towels out of it...

We don't have room for an inflatable bed. We're going from Univeral to WDW to DCL. As it is, I'm not sure how we're going to have room for formal wear, pirate wear, etc. Luggage fees will already be shocking without a bedding and towels for kid #3.

I wish Disney would provide this stuff in all DVC 1 bedrooms. Kinda silly to waste the points on that extra room we won't use except to steal the sheets and towels out of it...

SSR, BCV, BWV, VWL don't have the room for the extra twin sized sleeper chair. That's why if you want to put five in those villas (and that's five total, not five plus one) you have to provide what you need for the fifth person yourself.

So if you want those resorts and have five, you need a two bedroom villa if you don't want to bring the stuff you need. Five is rather crowded anyway.

From Disney's standpoint, they must be thinking that no good deed goes unpunished. Most timeshares are far more strict (some VERY strict) on occupancy. The reality is that even allowing the infant or 5 in a 1 BR at all is above and beyond. They could, and likely should, require a 2 BR for 5 in general with the exception of the 2 built for 5.

Remember, you can also pay $6 for the extra towel pack. We did this when we had 9 in our 2 bedroom at BWV for one night this summer. It was worth it to ensure there were towels for everyone.

We're a family of 4- twin 4 year olds. We'd like to take our "bonus" child nephew (age 8). We have our airfare booked.

We'd like to rent the Saratoga Resort but AAA agent said they can't book for a villa for 5 people since it's a 4 person occupancy-the program won't let them.

They say that even though no add'l bedding, towels, etc will be needed, the add'l child can't get the Magical Express transfer or wouldn't be allowed around the resort. I'd have to take a taxi or shuttle and they won't handle the extra's luggage.

I don't think we need the 2 bedroom villa space wise.

Does anyone know if I can just pay for the Magical Express transfer or for food via cash etc?

Will they kick us out? We'd pay an extra person resort fee etc but the 2 bedroom villa is just not needed and is a lot more money.

We're a family of 4- twin 4 year olds. We'd like to take our "bonus" child nephew (age 8). We have our airfare booked.

We'd like to rent the Saratoga Resort but AAA agent said they can't book for a villa for 5 people since it's a 4 person occupancy-the program won't let them.

They say that even though no add'l bedding, towels, etc will be needed, the add'l child can't get the Magical Express transfer or wouldn't be allowed around the resort. I'd have to take a taxi or shuttle and they won't handle the extra's luggage.

I don't think we need the 2 bedroom villa space wise.

Does anyone know if I can just pay for the Magical Express transfer or for food via cash etc?

Will they kick us out? We'd pay an extra person resort fee etc but the 2 bedroom villa is just not needed and is a lot more money.

They only allow for 5 for DVC members booking on points cash is limited to 4. You may want to check into a all star music family suite or Fort Wilderness cabin. The other option is AKV, BLT, or OKW which hold 5.

Denise in MI

...They say that even though no add'l bedding, towels, etc will be needed, the add'l child can't get the Magical Express transfer or wouldn't be allowed around the resort. I'd have to take a taxi or shuttle and they won't handle the extra's luggage.....

You would only have four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths.

You could try the Contemporary Resort wing room which sleeps five (two queen beds and one day bed) and tend to be a little less expensive than some of the other rooms at the CR, Polynesian, GF, YC/BC and BWI.

Everyone in the room must be on the reservation and I'm sure the OP on this question doesn't want to mess with Disney rules.

Hmmm, this is the first of the 5 in one bedroom I am seeing. My family of 5 stayed in BLT in a one bed and were fine, now I'm wondering if we would do OK in BCV. For us, we don't always know who will be free when the trip comes around, so a few times, I have reserved a 2 bedroom, only to have 3 or 4 of us go, that seemed like a waste of points. If it weren't so hard to switch to a smaller room, I would order large and go smaller, but now maybe I will reserve a one bedroom, if everyone comes, try to switch to a 2 bedroom, but if no availability, just enjoy the togetherness!

I read on the community board that someone who went to a member meeting at SSR was told that MS has officially raised the occupancy limits in a 1BR to 5 adults. If true, this should take some of the heat out of this topic. They still will not provide extra linens.

It's been about as official as it's likely to get for 4-5 years now. I doubt they will amend the POS which still states a maximum occupancy of 4 for most One Bedroom villas, but they will allow it.

At Beach Club, BoardWalk, Saratoga Springs, Hilton Head and Wilderness Lodge, the One Bedroom Villas only sleep 4 individuals. They each of one king-size bed in the bedroom and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room. No other bedding will be provided so guests have to bring their own sleeping bag, airbed, etc if the 5th guest is to actually have somewhere to sleep.

All of those resort also have only one bathroom.

Newer resorts like Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani), Grand Californian and Aulani actually sleep 5. All but Aulani have a second bathroom.

I am new to this and found this thread through the DVC board. Would my family of five- two adults, a 6 year old, and twin 3 year olds, be able to stay in a one bedroom at AK Villas? My kids would likely share a bed, they LIKE to do that on vacation. They asked for it once and slept great and now they think part of a vacation is them all getting to pile in one bed. I wouldn't want to but they're still small and think it's fun :confused3, so bedding wouldn't be an issue, just whether or not it's allowed.

I think this is just the classic, 'It's easier to get forgiveness than to ask for permission'. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter