MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Please correct me if I am wrong. We are a family of 6 and MP for 5 days is just too much but I was going to get it just for me for the PP part. If I have MP can I just pull paper FP with everyone else? I thought I could but just wanted to make sure it hadn't changed.
You can. the only difference is that your next time you can get another FP will be 30 minutes less than the rest of your party if the FP you are getting is more than 90 or 120 minutes out if that makes sense.

You only need one account for however many people you want to link together to potentially get MaxPass/FastPasses together.

(Before going to the parks)
1. Add each ticket into the AP by scanning the barcode or entering the numbers. For each ticket, give it a name so you know whose is whose -- especially important if you plan to split up or get different FPs. (I put their initial on the physical card so we knew which one they needed to hold to go through the gate and sign/get their picture taken)
2. Once you have ALL entered the gate scanners, pull up the app and click on the "Get FP" icon. It will prompt you to re-enter your password, and then enter the 3-digit verification code from the back of the credit card attached to your account. As soon as this clears and you get a "success" type of message, you can book your first set of FPs, even before park opening.

the 3 digit code to which credit card? you pick one persons credit card? is this the one you used to purchase your ticket (or may not even purchased as I found one i can get from points), what if it was a gift? i am very confused

how do you deal with purchasing the tickets with the maxpass before going to DL? how far ahead can you join together all family's tickets.
& then how soon can you look up fast passes? be walking through the gates of the park,when park ticket is scanned, correct?

To have others use the PhotoPass when you are not together:
1. (Before you separate) Go to the "My Photos" section and the "Link PhotoPass" icon. It will pull up a QR code that anyone in your party can use to put the photos on your account.
2. Take a screenshot of the QR code and text it to anyone in your party who might need it. They can show that to any photographer who will scan it after they take the photos.
3. For ride photos, take a quick shot of the after-ride screen with the letters and numbers (like C38475637). Later -- even the next day -- you can add them into the app, also under the Link PhotoPass section -- "Link photo, card or purchase"
4. If anyone has photos taken and doesn't have the QR code with them, they can get a card with a QR code from that photographer and you can scan it to the app later.

If you dont want to mess with the app & just get a card from the photographer, can you get just ONE & you just hand that to EACH photographer to scan? um, dont they frown on you for taking pictures of your ride photos? they do sell prints at those rides, corrects, can they add more special effects on the pictures than what you can on the app? (is there a list somewhere of all the rides that do that?) up to what point can you scan the cards in, like if you misplace a card, or forgot to put in a ride #?
thanks

PHXscuba

the 3 digit code to which credit card? you pick one persons credit card? is this the one you used to purchase your ticket (or may not even purchased as I found one i can get from points), what if it was a gift? i am very confused
You can add a credit card to your disney account, and then use that account to log in to the app. So basically go here https://disneyland.disney.go.com/login/ and either make an account or sign in and add your credit card. Use whatever credit card you want to pay for MaxPass with. If you have tickets that already have MaxPass included, I suspect you won't be required to have a credit card on file, but I'm not positive.
um, dont they frown on you for taking pictures of your ride photos?
Seriously everyone is up there taking pictures of the screens all the time. If they frown upon it, they're not doing very much to discourage it. The codes are long and they don't stay on the screen for very long, so copying down the code is a pain. We just took a quick snapshot and copied the codes out later.

You can add a credit card to your disney account, and then use that account to log in to the app. So basically go here https://disneyland.disney.go.com/login/ and either make an account or sign in and add your credit card. Use whatever credit card you want to pay for MaxPass with. If you have tickets that already have MaxPass included, I suspect you won't be required to have a credit card on file, but I'm not positive.

Seriously everyone is up there taking pictures of the screens all the time. If they frown upon it, they're not doing very much to discourage it. The codes are long and they don't stay on the screen for very long, so copying down the code is a pain. We just took a quick snapshot and copied the codes out later.
Yeah, unless you take a picture of your code, it's virtually impossible to get it before it disappears. One time we even missed the code... and had to wait in line like ten minutes at the photo counter to get it because inconsiderate people were slowly deciding whether or not to buy photos (and neither party did of course).

You only need one account for however many people you want to link together to potentially get MaxPass/FastPasses together.

(Before going to the parks)
1. Add each ticket into the AP by scanning the barcode or entering the numbers. For each ticket, give it a name so you know whose is whose -- especially important if you plan to split up or get different FPs. (I put their initial on the physical card so we knew which one they needed to hold to go through the gate and sign/get their picture taken)
2. Once you have ALL entered the gate scanners, pull up the app and click on the "Get FP" icon. It will prompt you to re-enter your password, and then enter the 3-digit verification code from the back of the credit card attached to your account. As soon as this clears and you get a "success" type of message, you can book your first set of FPs, even before park opening.
PHXscuba

Can anyone confirm if this works the same if I used a Disney Rewards card to purchase the tickets and MP?

Can anyone confirm if this works the same if I used a Disney Rewards card to purchase the tickets and MP?

If you have already purchased MP with your tickets you won't need to do most of the second step (buying the daily MP). Just have everyone's tickets scanned into your app beforehand, get everyone through the turnstiles, then start booking MaxPasses for your group through the app.

For anyone purchasing MP the day of: The credit card that matters is whatever one you have set up in your app's account info. How you purchased your tickets doesn't matter. (For my last visit, I had my personal AP --purchased almost a year before with a gift card, two 2-day plastic tickets purchased at a grocery store, and a 1-day e-ticket bought off a friend who couldn't use it!)

PHXscuba

I have to say, spending another $40/day was annoying but unbelievably worth it. We go hard at DL, but maxpass made it so we literally never had a break. We were constantly getting new FP right at the available minute, and tried to get harder ones early so we never had to wait the full 90 minutes for a new one. Touring plans gets a lot of hate on here, but I think crowd levels are useful relative to each other. I like to look at the historical crowd levels for days we were there, to gauge what to expect (i.e. what a "5" feels like to us.) We were there on Monday 30th - felt moderately crowded to walk, but we were able to go on all headliners multiple times, we never waited more than 10 minutes in a line. TP rated at 5. Halloween was killer - standby lines weren't' more than 35 mins for anything (SM at 2pm) at DL any time I looked. Magic morning at 7am helped.

Anyway, my point is that I couldn't even complain about NOS/Adventureland feeling jammed when we could get on any ride we wanted easily, and that was primarily due to maxpass.

Also, FYI, CMs are still confused and frankly I think the general confusion is what keeps people from dealing with MP. At RSR on Monday a CM told me mine wasn't scanning correctly because I "couldn't have more than one FP at once." I just looked at him at said "That is untrue, I've been holding up to 3 fastpasses at once all day" and continued doing what I was doing. I think that kind of uncertainty is enough to keep infrequent visitors from buying it because it's intimidating.

I have purchased 2 4-day park hoppers with Max Pass through the Disneyland app. They both appear on my app with the proper names. Does my husband need to download the Disneyland app and add his ticket to it? We are both running the Super Heroes Half and I run out of energy before he does. He may stay in the park later than me and want to use his MP.

I have purchased 2 4-day park hoppers with Max Pass through the Disneyland app. They both appear on my app with the proper names. Does my husband need to download the Disneyland app and add his ticket to it? We are both running the Super Heroes Half and I run out of energy before he does. He may stay in the park later than me and want to use his MP.
He could use the kiosks, but if he wants to book via his phone, then he should dl it.

Also, FYI, CMs are still confused and frankly I think the general confusion is what keeps people from dealing with MP. At RSR on Monday a CM told me mine wasn't scanning correctly because I "couldn't have more than one FP at once." I just looked at him at said "That is untrue, I've been holding up to 3 fastpasses at once all day" and continued doing what I was doing. I think that kind of uncertainty is enough to keep infrequent visitors from buying it because it's intimidating.

That sounds like a CM who also just plain doesn't understand FP at DLR let alone MP.

I (politely) corrected a CM a couple weeks ago when he told a guest it was 2 hours between MP pulls. Let him know about the time differences (and thus additional perk) that MP has over regular FP.

We just did two days in the parks... I would say the crowds were about a 7 each day... we managed to ride 35 rides and wait/do the WOC dessert party, and eat of course in 18 park hours... 19 of those rides were during EMH or had no fast pass and 16 were very little wait or no wait max passes. It was pretty spectacular. We had a snafu when we entered and couldn’t buy the max pass, kept getting a call Disney error. They fixed us right up and comped us max pass for our two days for the trouble of the 50 minutes we sat on the phone on hold or working with them. So that made it even better. I do think it should be a perk for on-site stays.

That sounds like a CM who also just plain doesn't understand FP at DLR let alone MP.

I (politely) corrected a CM a couple weeks ago when he told a guest it was 2 hours between MP pulls. Let him know about the time differences (and thus additional perk) that MP has over regular FP.

For sure - he was super nice and I was super nice, but it was clear he just really didn't understand it at all. I kept marveling at how people could choose to go to the standby line when you can waltz right onto rides from FP, and my mid-50s parents pointed out that it just really could be confusing to people who didn't know better (like them) so it's easiest to just stand in line. And I think that's true - steep learning curve to Disney strategy, but totally worth it.

For sure - he was super nice and I was super nice, but it was clear he just really didn't understand it at all. I kept marveling at how people could choose to go to the standby line when you can waltz right onto rides from FP, and my mid-50s parents pointed out that it just really could be confusing to people who didn't know better (like them) so it's easiest to just stand in line. And I think that's true - steep learning curve to Disney strategy, but totally worth it.
We were there in July, about a week before MP started. Even with traditional FP I was amazed at how many people didn't even try to use the traditional FP. BTMRR was a FP walk-on nearly the entire 4 days we were there. My kids could ride it over and over if they wanted with hardly any wait. After awhile it was a little awkward to keep breezing past the stand-by line that was 30-45 minutes. CM's even tried to help a few guests, but they just didn't get it.

We were there in July, about a week before MP started. Even with traditional FP I was amazed at how many people didn't even try to use the traditional FP. BTMRR was a FP walk-on nearly the entire 4 days we were there. My kids could ride it over and over if they wanted with hardly any wait. After awhile it was a little awkward to keep breezing past the stand-by line that was 30-45 minutes. CM's even tried to help a few guests, but they just didn't get it.
It is of course always possible some of those guests were holding FPs for something else with a longer window and were not eligible for a FP.

:wizard:

We will be there from 12/24 to 1/1 and have purchased a hotel/ticket package through Disney (we have 5 day PHs). I have been reading some of this thread (I need to go back and read it all) and I have a question. I had read a PP saying something to the fact that they didn't want to purchase MP before their trip because they didn't want to bundle it. What exactly does this mean? We don't have the tickets physically in our hands yet, do I have to have them linked in the app before I call Disney and tell them I want MP added? And to bundle MP, does that mean I can actually purchase MP before our trip even starts? I was under the assumption that we would have to purchase MP each day that we are in a park after we all scanned our cards (there are 4 of us). I am trying to get my barrings straight before we leave, this is so new to us so any help will be greatly appreciated :goodvibes.

We will be there from 12/24 to 1/1 and have purchased a hotel/ticket package through Disney (we have 5 day PHs). I have been reading some of this thread (I need to go back and read it all) and I have a question. I had read a PP saying something to the fact that they didn't want to purchase MP before their trip because they didn't want to bundle it. What exactly does this mean? We don't have the tickets physically in our hands yet, do I have to have them linked in the app before I call Disney and tell them I want MP added? And to bundle MP, does that mean I can actually purchase MP before our trip even starts? I was under the assumption that we would have to purchase MP each day that we are in a park after we all scanned our cards (there are 4 of us). I am trying to get my barrings straight before we leave, this is so new to us so any help will be greatly appreciated :goodvibes.
For me personally, I like the option to purchase each day because we didn't use MP every park day last trip. On the day we focused on Fantasyland, for example, I didn't purchase it because those rides don't have MP anyway. If you bundle it I think you pay for every day even if you don't use it. It literally takes 30 seconds to purchase it after being scanned into the parks if you have your payment info saved into the app. It's so easy!

It is of course always possible some of those guests were holding FPs for something else with a longer window and were not eligible for a FP.

I'm sure that was the case for some, but I watched several times as CM's pointed out the FP machines to confused guests. They stood there for a minute thinking, then got in the stand by line. Also, that week was an awesome week where Disney was tweaking the FP system. There was no wait between pulling FP's and there were multiple rides with walk-on FP times, including rides like Splash Mountain and Matterhorn at times. At one point my job was to get Indy FP's while my family went to Toon Town. Indy was not an immediate FP, but after a quick look at the app, I got BTMRR, Splash, HM, and then Indy. We didn't have to wait in stand-by for any of them. I think there are 3 categories of guests: those that have no idea how to use FP, those that use it casually but don't know how to be efficient, and those that use it to it's fullest potential.

I'm sure that was the case for some, but I watched several times as CM's pointed out the FP machines to confused guests. They stood there for a minute thinking, then got in the stand by line. Also, that week was an awesome week where Disney was tweaking the FP system. There was no wait between pulling FP's and there were multiple rides with walk-on FP times, including rides like Splash Mountain and Matterhorn at times. At one point my job was to get Indy FP's while my family went to Toon Town. Indy was not an immediate FP, but after a quick look at the app, I got BTMRR, Splash, HM, and then Indy. We didn't have to wait in stand-by for any of them. I think there are 3 categories of guests: those that have no idea how to use FP, those that use it casually but don't know how to be efficient, and those that use it to it's fullest potential.
I am sure you are right. :)

Whenever I get in a SB line even though I know they have an instant FP available (but I am blocked because I am holding another FP), I get the feeling sometimes that the FP holders walking past me look at me like I am in your category 1 (more likely) or category 2 (maybe).

I had two full days last month with DW and she was not feeling great and went back to the room both days after lunch. I had MP for me and for her. I went back out solo and between the SR lines, the instant FPs and having two accounts to use for MP I basically could just go from ride to ride and do most anything I wanted with a short line. Further, a few times the FPs turned into anytime FPs so I could use them for just about anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter