May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say only those registered in this group. This group will probably be at least twice the size it is now by the time we're ready to cruise. Plus, by doing only those registered here we will know exactly how many gifts to bring.

I agree.
Those registered and have some type of fish extender. Maybe we should also consider a cut off date to be "registered". Which would leave the teams and individuals enought time to get their surprises together.

Venetiaprincess:

Well, I have to admit, after all this searching, I am quite intrigued by the system. Hopefully we will be playing one soon. I hear they are tons of fun. I was thinking since it was a physical game (you are moving around) I would get one and use it for my exercise of my weight loss plan, how does that sound?! :lmao:

DGS17 got one when they first came out. He and his buddies have a great time with it.

That would be fun to walk through when it's empty! (Yes, I'm seriously thinking about it....)

Carolyn
I am considering doing the Minnie Marathon at WDW on May 6, but no one in my party is willing to go with me:sad2: Has anyone ever done this? We'll see if I can drag myself onto the treadmill enough between now and then to get in shape to do it :rotfl: Most likely, I will figure I am on vacation and sleep in instead! I am not much of a runner anymore but I think it would be so neat to be running through WDW. This one is a 15K, starts at AK and finished at Epcot, with a stop through MGM. No MK though.

Jill,

I think that sounds just lovely!!! Please count me and my little one in!

I have been at a funeral all day, but I am caught up and thinking of you all! I promise to be more active, life just keeps getting in the way lately.

I want you all to know that Lisa G. is one of the nicest people I have ever met. 'nough said.

I am very tired and DH family is all here for the funeral so my best wishes to all of you for sweet dreams.

Goodnight

Kim

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

I plan on ordering breakfast and give them Noel or Karen's cabin number..you can just leave the food outside your door with a big "Calmom" sign! Ordering breakfast was one of the best things about being in a suite. And the last morning...that was perfect. You can't order a hot breakfast, but you can still order food and coffee. It was great! Lucky you guys!
[Lisa

I guess Karen and I will have to jointly host a "goodbye" breakfast.

:banana: :banana:

I say the ones registered because not everyone is going to be giving but hopefully everyone will be receiving. The only thing that was mentioned before was that everyone will need something even a plastic bag hanging off of their fish extender so we can put stuff into it. :goodvibes

I can't imagine how we could deliver without a fish extender!!

Good morning, Marilyn!!

What time is it in the UK?

I will be back shortly, I have to put together some gift baskets for our upcoming Dinner Dance and Silent Auction for our local Elementary School. I was very involved with this the 6 years that DD was there, and I still put together some wine baskets and a Creative Memories basket for their silent auction.

I'll be back!!:cool2:

Karen

Boy, do I know school auctions are work!! For all the years (6-12) my youngest DD was at Crystal Springs, DH wrote and maintained the auction software. We did both an online auction and a live auction/dinner dance every year. I served as liasion on the software and served on many auction committees. School raises about $200K a year for teacher retention and school restoration during the auction.

I agree.
Those registered and have some type of fish extender. Maybe we should also consider a cut off date to be "registered". Which would leave the teams and individuals enought time to get their surprises together.

Venetiaprincess:

I agree we need some sort of cutoff date and also can't imagine how difficult it will be to deliver "goodies" without a fish extender. The only other way I think deliveries to those who do not have fish extenders is to have someone be in charge of "deliveries" to those folks. That job would entail verifying SR's and taking the responsiblity of delivering the goodies to the SR's.

I certainly don't want to be the bugbear but I can see lots of problems in delivering without a fish extender. Anybody else have more ideas?

UCSC's mascot is the banana slug (specifically, Ariolimax dolichophallus. In 1981, when the university began participating in NCAA intercollegiate sports, the then-chancellor and some student athletes declared the mascot to be the "sea lions." Most students disliked the new mascot and offered an alternative mascot, the banana slug. In 1986, students voted via referendum to declare the banana slug the official mascot of UCSC—a vote the chancellor refused to honor, arguing that only athletes should choose the mascot. When a poll of athletes showed that they, too, wanted to be "slugs," the chancellor relented. A sea lion statue can still be seen in front of the Thimann Hall lecture building.

Picture of a real banana slug:

BananaSlugBig.jpg

UCSC's mascot is the banana slug (specifically, Ariolimax dolichophallus. In 1981, when the university began participating in NCAA intercollegiate sports, the then-chancellor and some student athletes declared the mascot to be the "sea lions." Most students disliked the new mascot and offered an alternative mascot, the banana slug. In 1986, students voted via referendum to declare the banana slug the official mascot of UCSC—a vote the chancellor refused to honor, arguing that only athletes should choose the mascot. When a poll of athletes showed that they, too, wanted to be "slugs," the chancellor relented. A sea lion statue can still be seen in front of the Thimann Hall lecture building.

Picture of a real banana slug:

BananaSlugBig.jpg

Noel...may I just say.....YUK!!!!:crazy2:

Just returned from school where I've been training the new librarian...it was lovely seeing all the kids and catching up with everyone. I also got to present the 'Reading Champions' certificates to our boys' reading group (an initiative to encourage more boys to read) :):woohoo:

Ugh, that is horrible. I am not at all fond of slugs and a banana one is kind of yuk!!!:scared: Sorry if you love them, but!!!!!!!!:sad2:

Woohoo, our Fish Extender has arrived. All the way from the US to sunny Yorkshire, UK!! It is just so lovely, and so beautifully made. Thank you Carol.:hug:

Ok now, who is going to decorate it for me?!!!!:laughing:

Ugh, that is horrible. I am not at all fond of slugs and a banana one is kind of yuk!!!:scared: Sorry if you love them, but!!!!!!!!:sad2:

I don't love them at all!! Someone on an earlier post wanted to know the story of how they became the mascots!!

Just wanted to help everyone with the diet today!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't love them at all!! Someone on an earlier post wanted to know the story of how they became the mascots!!

:rotfl2: my friend's daughter used to eat slugs when she was young!!!!:eek: We used to see her pop one in her mouth and we'd find her with all the slime round her lips afterwards!!!!!:eek:

Sorry, now nobody will feel like eating!!!!!:rolleyes1

Well it almost worked, but I have to say nothing but nothing puts me off my food!!!:lmao:

:rotfl2: my friend's daughter used to eat slugs when she was young!!!!:eek: We used to see her pop one in her mouth and we'd find her with all the slime round her lips afterwards!!!!!:eek:

Sorry, now nobody will feel like eating!!!!!:rolleyes1

Yes, that has just about done it!!:scared1:

Is there any reason for slugs? I know hedgehogs eat them, so I guess they are in the food chain but.......?:confused3

Is there any reason for slugs? I know hedgehogs eat them, so I guess they are in the food chain but.......?:confused3

More diet help and the hedgehog:

Raccoons, garter snakes, ducks, geese, salamanders, and other animals sometimes eat banana slugs, but they roll the slugs in the dirt to bind up the slime. Baby banana slugs are sometimes eaten by shrews or moles.

hedgehog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter