May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjpoohbear

<font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font
V, I just did some mock ups at BlueCotton Designs, let me see if I can find it again.

There are also a couple of options that we could see if Cafe Press will allow on the shipoftheives website.

V, I just did some mock ups at BlueCotton Designs, let me see if I can find it again.

There are also a couple of options that we could see if Cafe Press will allow on the shipoftheives website.

yes, I just tried to upload the image off your website and it's bmp file so it won't take it.

Funny you say that about the lemons...for my birthday a good girlfriend gave me a beautiful lemonade pitcher, with a bunch of lemons and a lemon squeezer and she put a note on it that read: "A lot of days it's like life is handing us a bunch of lemons. The solution: make lemonade. If you drink all yours away, chances are I will have plenty for us both." It was so cute and so appropriate. So Deb, I'm giving you a "virtual" lemonade pitcher and I want you to make lemonade and drink all yours away!!!! :goodvibes

I'm drinking my lemonade and I'm thinking of you!!!

The boys are good, thanks for asking. They started school a week ago...my youngest is now in kindergarten, so the house has been quiet in the mornings. I did decided it's now my time, after being home for them both and I've started going back to the gym while they're in school. The time has come!! :rolleyes1

Good for you doing the gym while the boys are now both in school! That's got to make you feel great! Cheers! (with lemonade, of course)!

Well, keep taking care of yourself. I try to keep up with the thread as much as possible, catch stuff here and there, but I just wanted to pop in and let you know I've been thinking of you!

So sweet of you, Lisa....you're the best!!! Lucy and Bob and me and John are getting together again in Sept. It's Lucy's pick this time! We'll order a lemonade cocktail and do a Cheers! to you!!:goodvibes :woohoo: :goodvibes

Well, I'm off to shower and then I'll be driving out to Palm Springs to meet Kaylee (fourmcds) who's flying in for a medical conference!! I guess you could call it a very mini mini DIS meet! I'll catch up with you all later.

We've stayed at POFQ (in 1991, when Dixie Landings was being built) but prefer POR. In fact it's our favourite resort even over WL which we used to love most but which seems to have become so busy. POR is big, but we enjoy our walks from place to place, looking at the landscaping, water, and particularly the wildlife. We like the Bayou best, with the frog chorus in the swampy bits at night. But we've also stayed in the Mansions and enjoyed the more manicured gardens with rabbits on the lawns in the evening. And with the various paths and bridges, none of the rooms is more than a very pleasant 10-minute walk to the main building.

Looking forward to being there again next May. :)

Thanks for the input! I keep swinging back and forth! I gather that is where you are staying before our cruise? How many nights are you there for? I think we will have to go for POP!:)

So sweet of you, Lisa....you're the best!!! Lucy and Bob and me and John are getting together again in Sept. It's Lucy's pick this time! We'll order a lemonade cocktail and do a Cheers! to you!!:goodvibes :woohoo: :goodvibes

I'm so happy that you guys have had a chance to get together before the cruise. As you already know Lucy's a hoot and Bob's a sweetie! I can imagine you guys enjoy each other's company!! Have fun, and drink TWO lemonade cocktails for me. And I'll have one at the pool today with Kaylee!!!! :thumbsup2

Each year I say I am going to cut down but I find it hard. We have never gone overboard with how much we spend, but with 8, as of next month, grandchildren and their parents to buy for it is a problem. I have managed to cut down on friends' presents.

When mom and dad went into retirement, they 'switched' their birthday/Chirstmas gift giving plans, and made the Christmas gift the more modest one, and the birthday gifts the larger one. Although, with our birthdays in Nov/Dec/Jan/March, it only helped spread the financial hit a bit!

Brrrr, just had a salmon salad!!! Whatever for when it is so cold?:confused3 We had strawberries and raspberries for pud, but I could really have done with a lovely hot pudding and custard!:love:

I LOVE the UK term 'pudding' for dessert! I can't wait till our ladies tea so we can practice all this!

Ditto for us. I just looked at car rentals at the port and they are closed on Sundays.:confused: Worst case scenerio we could do the DCL transportation but if there is another way I would be interested. We don't even know if we will drive or fly home...we usually drive to CA since its only a 6hr drive for us.

We're talking about driving home also. We'd probably get home faster and it would eliminate all the airport and luggage handling hassle.
(And it only takes ME 5 1/2 hours.....zoom, zoom, zoom!) ;)

I am trying to change Crystal Palace to 50's Prime time....9pm is the earliest and the park closes at 8?? We decided not to do the Pirate and Princess party. we did it in Feb and loved it. But I had us scheduled to go on Tues, the night we arrive and it would be a big time crunch....I may change my mind though!

Love both those places, though I've missed 50's PT my last several trips. Glad we are going in December...HOWEVER, we have an early (4:20P) ADR there and if they day's plans end up being lunch at Trails End and boating on the lake....we may end up with our fall back (7;10P) ADR at Kona Cafe.
A hard choice, as 50s PT is so much fun and the food at Kona is SOOOO GOOD! I will keep trying to get a little later ADR for 50's PT, though.

ALL CAUGHT UP! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beleive me it was hard not to stare at the cowgirl and cowboy.

I enjoyed the trip but I was ready to come home. I was getting very frustrated with the crowds, the smell, the noise.... Can you you tell I am a small town girl.

I'm with you, Amy...I lived there in my young twenties, when I had a lot of energy...I knew I didn't want to grow old there and got out...went back to my roots of being a small town girl and I'm much happier for it. I love to visit NYC and play and then leave and go home to peace and space and nature.:hippie: :banana: :hippie:

Deb....have you taken care of calling about your antibiotic running out before your appointment? Hmmmmmmm? Your DIS siblings are keeping our :3dglasses on you!

(Can you tell I've just spent 6 days with my BIG sister?)

Deb, do you think that everyone is aware that you will be off the antibiotics for those 4 days? Perhaps some phone calls to your MD and to the infection control clinic are in order to be sure that is what they want?
I would rather they think you are a worry wart and tell you that they knew this than for you to find out on Thursday that they wish you had called several days before you ran out so that the Rx could be refilled in time!
Sure would hate to have you lose ground now!!
If you need an excuse, tell then that your "sisters" were BUGGING you to call...
Jan :earsgirl:

Deb, I m no clinician but I don't think you should be out of meds for this amount of time before your next visit....you want me to act like a worried sibling and call?

Jan and V....I took your advise and called the wound center and asked about the antibiotics...they asked what the Dr. said who prescribed them. I told them the emergency room prescribed them and told me that if it doesn't clear up by the end of the script, then I would have to be admitted. The wound center said I should get my butt back to emergency and get admitted.

Then I called my GP Dr. who suggested the wound clinic and he's not in the office for a couple of days....dead end there.

The wound center said they could not determine over the phone how to heal the legs, since they haven't seen me yet. They said that when they see me they may recommend being admitted.

I'll do anything just so that I won't have to be admitted, but at the moment it doesn't look like I have many other options. What should I do next?:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Cleveland (even Public Square) is NOTHING like NYC - no comparrison. NYC was literally shoulder to shoulder people all over midtown and Times Square. There were so many people in Times Square it was literally overwhelming. It was kind of cool for awhile - but with a 7 year old in tow a bit of a challenge.

Riding in a NYC taxi is another experience alltogether - although they are not allowed to honk anymore. If I had to do the same driving, I would NEVER make it. They literally squeeze in inches from other cars and almost collide at every intersection!

I LOVE driving in NYC...when I lived there I had a company car that was only a Chevette...(low on the totum pole)....and it was like driving bumper cars with no rules....so much fun! I did get a lot of parking tickets though.:headache: :sad2: :headache:

Jan and V....I took your advise and called the wound center and asked about the antibiotics...they asked what the Dr. said who prescribed them. I told them the emergency room prescribed them and told me that if it doesn't clear up by the end of the script, then I would have to be admitted. The wound center said I should get my butt back to emergency and get admitted.

Then I called my GP Dr. who suggested the wound clinic and he's not in the office for a couple of days....dead end there.

The wound center said they could not determine over the phone how to heal the legs, since they haven't seen me yet. They said that when they see me they may recommend being admitted.

I'll do anything just so that I won't have to be admitted, but at the moment it doesn't look like I have many other options. What should I do next?:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Oh Deb.:hug: I know how much you don't want to go into hospital. I do so hope and prey that things are different by Thursday.

If not, then perhaps it is the place to finally get your legs sorted. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though.

OK, fortified with KFC and Diet Pepsi, I made it through page 1500.

I don't think DCL will allow us to throw anything from the ship, but it's a great idea for us all to do something togethr in remembrance of our mom's who have passed. Is that a sea day? I'll have to look that up.

My mother, who lost her mom at age 18, wrote a wonderful Mother's Day poem....let's see if I can remember without looking it up.

And now your day is here again
The Nation honors you
For your love and understanding
And for your foresight too.

Every day I thank the Lord
And every night I pray
For the mother that God gave me
And the one He took away.

Jackie, that's really nice...maybe you could say it for us during our tribute to all of our lost moms.

I do believe I did include you for this event when I signed up.

Yes you did.

pirate: pirate: pirate:

Ok, I will put the jpg on photobucket at a big size. iWeb changes everything to bmp its annoying, but iWeb makes it so easy to get a site up and running.

THESE WILL BE BIG!

cafepress3-1.jpg

cafepress2-1.jpg

Enjoy

We will be in Port Canveral the day before and would love to meet up with anybody that is there!

We'll be there...staying in Cocoa Beach 2 nights before boarding....we're meeting our dinnermates Lisa and Darryll for dinner at the Grill the night before cruise. Do you want to join us? The more the merrier!!!!!
:dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

Oh, we could probably toss roses into the water at the adult beach....or something.

Roses and balloons at the adult beach would be perfect....and you could recite your poem. That would be a lovely tribute!!!!:goodvibes :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I'm sure there will be lots of yelling and squeeliing in the terminal when we find each other! We did a 3PM meet in the Promanda Lounge on our double dip, and that worked great...then some of us found each other for the sail-away party too.

Everyone has to wear their DIS lime green and nametags if possible. Then we'll know who each other is and there will be lots of screaming!!!!!!!:cheer2: :love: :cheer2:

I'm off to page 1511 to finish catching up!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter