May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

granmaz

Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
Just finished catching up with the pages I missed.

Growing up my mom would always keep the house cold because she liked it that way. All winter she kept her bedroom window open a crack no matter what the temperature. When I walked past it to go to the bathroom I called it the Exorcist room because of the extreme blast of freeze when you went by. Of course, recently at her house she would have the heat on 80 coz now she was cold....and I would be sweating after five minutes.

The sun went down, it got colder in here and I made John put the heat on when he got home. Couldn't help it, just too cold. If this is any indication of our Winter this year, gonna spend lots of money on heating.
:confused3 :rolleyes1 :confused3

I was always used to having a window open, and still would like to have the bedroom heating on and a small window open, but the boss won't let me!

Mmm, just had a lovely pineapple cottage cheese salad, seeded bread followed by a raspberry yogurt. Now I want the cake.:rotfl:

John's home which is nice. We need the tv ariel moving so he can get on with putting the fascia boards up. The ariel man has just arrived.

Hopefully we will get a little walk in before the sun goes down.

Ok,

I stayed quiet about the snakes, because they really don't bother me. Anything reptilian is ok for me.:rolleyes1

Insects are another story!!:scared1:

Definite phobia with insects!! Especially spiders, scorpians, centipedes, beatles, etc., etc., etc.!!!:scared:

Karen

Karen

Oh I hate hate hate SNAKES, yuk

I hate snake things like purse, shoes yuk like I work one day and lady came up and open up with snake purse, oh god, I feel like sick!!

I am really phobia of it!!

Funny everybody have different phobia as my son is really phobia of spiders!!

Scottishwee35

I don't have a phobia about snakes, but I am not sure I would like to handle one.

Same with spiders. We catch the house ones and put them outside, but I think I might develop a phobia if confronted with some big ones even if they're not dangerous.

Now slugs - I hate slugs.:scared1:

OK, a little diversion . . .

Indians game tonight . . . If Amy's mom can watch Sophia, Amy and I are going, if not, going solo . . .

Playing Detroit - we are up on them by 4.5 games. Every win means another full game up, and the magic number (now at 9) goes down by 2.

Now, if any of you ladies (other than maybe V) know what I am talking about, I may be shocked!

Wish us luck anyway!

Go Tribe!

Quoting myself, but I guess I can do that after an 11 inning, walk-off, come from behind win and just 4 1/2 hours of sleep!

Good Morning!

We were walking in the grounds of a Tucson hotel - kind of desert like, and a big snake went accross the path in front of us. We stayed well clear, but I don't think it was dangerous. Trouble is we don't know do we?

I didn't sleep well, but that isn't anything new. I did get up and go for a swim though. It was nice and relaxing and so so quiet with everyone asleep.

John is off today, lucky guy. Hopefully he will do some laundry and housework....I can dream right?

John,

You won't read this until the am, but you may remember that I AM quite a sports fan and I DO know what you are talking about!!

We were at the A's game tonight. No chance for them or the SF Giants, but we enjoyed them loosing again anyway...

Congrats on the win tonight. Did you stay till the end? I see that it went 11 innings!!

I also am a fan of Major League Football, Nascar, Golf and Tennis. Not a huge fan of Basketball anymore, but I do watch occassionally and I do know what is going on in the game. Not really into college sports anymore. I was more involved with it when my dad was alive. I also love just about everything to do with both summer and winter Olympics, except for boxing.

Best of luck with the rest of the season!! Go Tribe!

Karen

OK apologies to Karen and Deb, and all the other female sports fans!

Magic number down to 7!

Sophia saw (while watching the game with Grandma at home) that Sunday is kid's fun day at the park, and now she wants to go to a game, I may have to get some tickets for Sunday. Saturday, Amy and I are going up again in club seats (free food). The Indians did a really nice promotion if you renewed your season tickets they gave you club seats for one game.

Sophia is not much of a baseball or sports fan - yet. Although when we were waiting for Wicked to begin in NYC, she asked me if this show had a "halftime":rotfl:

John is off today, lucky guy. Hopefully he will do some laundry and housework....I can dream right?

Leave him a list. Men like a list to work from.

OK apologies to Karen and Deb, and all the other female sports fans!

Magic number down to 7!

Sophia saw (while watching the game with Grandma at home) that Sunday is kid's fun day at the park, and now she wants to go to a game, I may have to get some tickets for Sunday. Saturday, Amy and I are going up again in club seats (free food). The Indians did a really nice promotion if you renewed your season tickets they gave you club seats for one game.

Sophia is not much of a baseball or sports fan - yet. Although when we were waiting for Wicked to begin in NYC, she asked me if this show had a "halftime":rotfl:

I'm sure Sophia will be a great sports fan soon!! Looking for a halftime is a good start.:rotfl:

I saw a post on the main cruise board yesterday about someone getting that exact same error message. It sounded like she just logged back in a few minutes later and it was ok.

Good luck!

This happened to us on Sept 9 when we were booking for our Dec cruise. It was ok in just a few minutes. I sent an email to DU when it happened and Kelsie replied within minutes trying to help! It was midnight and she was checking emails! I thought I would have to wait until Monday, but DU was there for me again!

I did keep trying till 12.15 your time - logging in each time. I'm annoyed, but not upset as I have next year to look forward to. I will try when I get onboard, otherwise we will spend the money elsewhere.:)

Try again today. There are still Palo spots available on our Dec cruise.

Sunset4.jpg

Thought I'd share a Cabo sunset with y'all. Hope you have a great day. Day two at our new diggs (office). Boy is it nice. I got my pictures hung and everything yesterday. Now to tackle the "goody" cabinet and boxes. :banana:

BirdPBRose.jpg

Can any of you animal / fowl lovers tell me what kind of bird this is? They have many at the Pueblo Bonito Rose... swans too. But this guy was posing for photos... P.S. the PB Rose has swimable beaches and is close to the area the ships tender.

MonaLisa4.jpg

Here's a photo walking down to one of the lower levels of the restaurant I was telling you about. :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter