• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just eat and eat and eat them, though I do believe I like the chocolate on ours better. Sorry.

I agree, the one's I've purchased at the fudge stores or candy stores are much better than Whoppers. Also a candy I adore!!!! Love malt flavoring - instead of chocolate milk shake, I prefer a MALTED!

Peggy Jo, Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.:goodvibes

you are most welcome! Great to see you gals this morning. I'm still only on page 1835... this may take me a while! :rotfl:

I like Tiffany and QVC for jewlery. In case there is a poll.

You guys have been busy. 1800++ pages. Whoa!

Just wanted you all to know I'm doing ok. Between treatments, dr appointments, and internet not working I haven't been online for quite some time.

I've had 20 radiation treatments and 3 chemos, I have an MRI scheduled for the 28th which, will tell us how the tumors in the head have reacted to the radiation treatments.

My faith and my family have been key to my outlook and spirits have been kept positive and high.

We just finished a trip to Disneyland/Vegas and we are now on our way home. This trip was really good for keeping my mind off my problems and keep me from feeling sorry for myself.

But now, I'm excited that the cruise is getting closer and I can start planning more for it. We will be in WDW May 2nd - 10th so soon I'll be able to start making dining ressies. Still gotta figure out how to pay off the darn cruise, but I can't afford to NOT go on the cruise at this point. I may not get another chance.

We're selling the house and plan on getting an RV so that should help. We'll be selling almost all of our funiture and stuff so that will help too.

I've got to get working on those door signs and fish extender decorations! Asked the dr about drinking alcohol and he said no problem, just not a ton. Yeah!!!! DOD's and champagne.

Thank you all for all your messages, hugs, prayers, and best wishes. They are all very, very appreciated.

All the best,
Tina

Tina you are an inspiration. Hang in there gal, and we'll all be praying for good news on 9/28!!! Keep healing and we'll keep praying!

Thanks! I figured that it was something like that. Just want to make sure, just my luck and I'd be using the wrong term. Yesterday I told one of the Accounting Managers that I saw a Hybiscus in her office... I meant Abbacus. See? The right word was in my head, but the wrong word came out of my mouth. I also combine words to make up a new one sometimes... my family makes fun of me.:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I love the hybiscus!!:laughing: Type of thing I would say.

Marilyn - I missed your post about the monkey and the pigeon, but someone quoted it and I caught it and read it. Isn't it amazing when animals teach us about acceptance? I love reading stories where different spieces bond... a lesson to all of us about seeing beyond our selves and our differences... great story - thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2

Marilyn - I missed your post about the monkey and the pigeon, but someone quoted it and I caught it and read it. Isn't it amazing when animals teach us about acceptance? I love reading stories where different spieces bond... a lesson to all of us about seeing beyond our selves and our differences... great story - thanks for sharing.:thumbsup2

It was lovely wasn't it? The picture was very touching.:)

it gets harder and harder....it's amazing during the week Samantha wants to sleep in but Saturday and Sunday she is up and out of bed wayyyyy early.

I had some really weird dreams last night.

We were in a van and were being shot at from little cars, like Supras. It was so strange.

Then I had the darn High School Musical 2 songs stuck in my head...that kept me awake for a long time.

You want to hear the icing on the cake? They have 4 children, all the same age as ours! Our second to youngest is in preschool with their second to youngest. We had our babies about 4 months apart. So we have 12 more years together as I know they aren't moving. Hindsight of course, but I should have never asked him for help. I always knew the wife was a bit odd and not very friendly, but he has always been very friendly. For some reason, I thought he might be more normal even though she isn't, but since I had received that vibe from the wife (and was warned by other neighbors when we move in about her) I should have known he wasn't much different than her - just hides it better. People end up together for a reason and if half the apple is bad, chances are the other half isn't much better. My DH of course just says I should pray for them - which we all know is the way to go. But sometimes, it feels good just to vent and I want to thank my DIS family that I could do so on the boards without being judged. Thank you!
Lisa

I just wonder how much of his behavior came about because of his wife. He said it was NO problem but when he got home it "became" one? Do you think SHE has an issue with it, and he really didn't - until she said something? Just wondering about this. I've know of few women who have issues with any interaction their hubby's have... just curious. Regardless, you didn't do anything wrong, and it is clearly their issue. There are plenty of great people out there in the world who are kind and helpful. I consider myself one of them - I try ALL the time to help people, even if they don't know I am...

I spend all afternoon Friday helping out another co-worker when I could have gone home. I feel great that I could help... and he and I now have a special bond because of it. Makes me feel great!:yay:

Jackie....I posted some stuff after I first got back from Argentina....will need to try to find it for you and repost...I don't think we can do the 8 hr things...due to the time we depart. Here are the tours I found....I've heard good reviews about De Palm Tours...not sure about the others.

1. De Palm Tours

a. Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure
Price: USD69.00 / 34.50
Departure: 9:30 AM
Duration: 4 Hrs
Days: Daily
Adults:
Children:
Date:
Aruba's newest catamaran will sail you to the best snorkel sites. Take the Snorkel Adventure and plunge into Aruba's undersea world to discover the Caribbean's largest underwater wreck -- the Antilla, a 397-foot long German freighter sunk during WWII. Inclusions are: Open bar with beer, a delicious lunch catered by Le Dome restaurant, snorkel equipment and Instructions.

Optional activity: Snuba

Children under 12 receive 50% discount.

Palm Pleasure Snuba
Price: USD124.00 / 62.00
Departure: 9.30 a.m.
Duration: 4 Hrs
Days: Daily except Mon & Sat.
Adults:
Children:
Date:

b. Palm Pleasure snorkel adventure including Snuba.

Like to snorkel, but not ready for scuba, then try Snuba (SNorkel+scUBA)! Explore the beauty of Aruba’s underwater world in the most convenient way. Breathe easily underwater without wearing heavy restrictive scuba diving gear and go to a depth of 20 feet. No snorkeling or scuba diving certificate necessary to experience a guided tour of the spectacular underwater world of Aruba. Experience a private underwater guided tour of Aruba's 397 foot-long Antilla, the largest shipwreck in the Caribbean. Seen on the Discovery Channel, MTV and E! Inclusions: Snuba equipment and instructions.

Medical Restrictions for Snuba:
Pregnany,recent surgery,high blood pressure,epilepsy,seizures and asthma. Doctor's letter required for above conditions

Children under 12 receive 50% discount.

2. City Discovery

a.Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure

Highlights: Let us pamper you: Aruba's newest catamaran will sail you to the best three snorkel sites, including the Antilla Shipwreck. Other inclusions are: Open bar with beer, a delicious warm lunch buffet, snorkel equipment and lessons

From 58.71 USD per adult

Type: Tours around Aruba
Departs From: Aruba
Meeting Point: Will be indicated on voucher
Duration: 4 hours
Available: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Go to price information

Description:
Take in all the pleasures of the sea by enjoying a half-day sail and snorkel experience on the islands newest catamaran. Lulled by the rhythm of the sea, lie on the spacious sun deck or enjoy a cocktail under the shaded cabin top. When you're ready to experience the beauty of the sea below the waterline let our friendly crew assist you as you prepare for your snorkeling adventure. Snorkeling stops include the coral-laden Antilla wreck, fish-friendly Boca Catalina and the unique Arashi reef. During your snorkel experience indulge in a delicious lunch prepared by top island chefs or sample a cool tropical drink or beer from our open bar.

Season * Click on the season date to view price
December 16 2006 to December 15 2007
December 16 2007 to December 15 2008
Season : December 16 2006 to December 15 2007
Price per adult: 58.71 USD
Price per child: 29.36 USD (Less than 10 years old)
Departs daily except Monday at 10.00 AM

b. Palm Pleasure Snorkel Adventure + Snuba

Highlights: Let us pamper you: Aruba's newest catamaran will sail you to the best three snorkel sites, including the Antilla Shipwreck. Other inclusions are: Open bar with beer, a delicious warm lunch buffet, snorkel equipment and lessons.

SNUBA
Like to snorkel, but not ready for scuba, then try Snuba (SNorkel+scUBA)!

From 115.36 USD per adult

Duration: 4 + 45 mins including instructions
Available: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Go to price information

Description:
Take in all the pleasures of the sea by enjoying a half-day sail and snorkel experience on the island's newest catamaran. Lulled by the rhythm of the sea, lie on the spacious sun deck or enjoy a cocktail under the shaded cabin top. When you're ready to experience the beauty of the sea below the waterline let our friendly crew assist you as you prepare for your snorkeling adventure. Snorkeling stops include the coral-laden Antilla wreck, fish-friendly Boca Catalina and the unique Arashi reef. During your snorkel experience indulge in a delicious lunch prepared by top island chefs or sample a cool tropical drink or beer from our open bar.

SNUBA
Like to snorkel, but not ready for scuba, then try Snuba (SNorkel+scUBA)! Explore the beauty of Aruba’s underwater world in the most convenient way. Breathe easily underwater without wearing heavy restrictive scuba diving gear and go to a depth of 20 feet. No snorkeling or scuba diving certificate necessary to experience a guided tour of the spectacular underwater world of Aruba. Only 8 years & up.

Medical restrictions:
Pregnancy, recent surgery, High Blood Pressure, Epilepsy, Seizures & Asthma. Doctor's letter required for above conditions

Price Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season * Click on the season date to view price
December 16 2006 to December 15 2007
December 16 2007 to December 15 2008
Season : December 16 2006 to December 15 2007
Price per adult: 115.36 USD
Price per child: 57.68 USD (Less than 10 years old)
Departs Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday at 10.00 am

c. Red Sail Sports Aruba Catamaran Luncheon Snorkel Sail

Highlights: Travel on one of our four luxury catamarans across the turquoise waters of Aruba. Explore some of the finest snorkeling spots in the area, where colorful marine life is abundant

From 65.00 USD per adult

Meeting Point: Pick-up and drop-off from the Red Sail Sports Watersports Center on Palm Beach, in front of the Hyatt Hotel. Please check-in at departure location 30 minutes prior to time of activity
Duration: 4 hours
Available: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun Go to price information

Description:
Travel on one of our four luxury catamarans across the turquoise waters of Aruba. Explore some of the finest snorkeling spots in the area, where colorful marine life is abundant. One of the snorkel stops is at the famous wreck of the Antilla where you will have the opportunity to see a 400-foot sunken German freighter. The catamarans feature two marine bathrooms, two sunning nets, plenty of seating space, stereo music, and a fully stocked bar, while a specially built swimming ladder assists passengers stepping into the water for snorkeling. A friendly crew of three is always on hand to make the sail a superb experience. Take advantage of a snorkel lesson�complete with equipment! A full open bar is included after the snorkeling excursions.

Dress Code: swimsuit

What to Bring: Towel, sunscreen, camera

Meals/Snacks Included: Yes

Meal/Snacks Description: Deli-style lunch

Beverages Included: Yes

Beverages Description: Open bar

Activities/Destinations Included: Three snorkel stops, snorkel instructions, snorkel equipment, deli-style lunch, open bar and roundtrip transportation including pick-up/drop-off service from/to your hotel

Items not included/ Additional Costs: Gratuities (optional)

Price Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From January 7 2007 to December 19 2007
From Jan to Dec Price per adult: 65.00 USD
Price per child: 39.00 USD (Less than 10 years old)
Departs Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday at 9:15am

d. Baby Beach Jeep Adventure

Highlights: Hop into one of our jeeps and visit Arikok Park and one of Aruba's hidden treasures, the "Seroe Colorado" Natural Bridge.

From 74.16 USD per adult

Duration: 4.5 hours
Available: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Go to price information

Description:
Hop into one of our jeeps and visit Arikoko Park and one of Aruba's hidden treasures, the "Seroe Colorado" Natural Bridge. But that's not all you see. Bring along a swimsuit, because after kicking up dust throughout Aruba's outback, you'll be cooling off in the tranquil waters of Baby beach, known for its smooth sands and spectacular snorkeling. Swim, sunbathe or just mellow out - the choice is yours in this tour, which explores Aruba's diverse charms both on land and at the shore.
Snorkeling equipment is included.

Price Information

From December 16 2007 to December 15 2008
Price per adult: 74.16 USD
Price per child: 37.08 USD (Less than 10 years old)
Departs Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday at 9:00 am

If I find anything else I'll post it too!

Thanks for the re-post. I'm bumping up so Jackie will "catch" it when she checks in later today!:flower3: :cheer2:

Her birthday party yesterday at Girly Girlz.

IMGP0132.jpg

IMGP0140.jpg

IMGP0170.jpg

IMGP0180.jpg

IMGP0177.jpg

Too cute for words indeed! I bet they had a fabulous time and they look marvelous!

is it to early to be wishing it were Friday?

I know what you mean working an 11 hour day straight thru yesterday and was beat... today I get to go in later (YIPEE) and I'm just sitting here drinking my tea and catching up on our thread. I am now currently in the 60's was at around 1820 before! Holy smokes!:hourglass

good evening all,
I don't have pics of our Universal trip as Bubba is still doing his magic to them.
But here is how our day was.
The park opened at 10 and we got there a little after opening. We were able to do all the rides. So I would say it is definalty do-able in a day.
First we went throught the :scared1: House of Horrors. This was pretty cool. Not overly scary, but our nephew Michael was holding on to one of us just about the entire walk thru. (Michael is 12)
Next we saw Shrek 4-D. :3dglasses I thought that this was really good. Kind of like Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but taken further as the seats move too.
From there we did the studio tour. Always enjoy this ride.
Then we had lunch at Doc Brown's Chicken. We all had chicken tenders. Good too. and not overly prices. Meals ran 6-8 dollars.
After lunch we saw the Water World show. Michael sat close in the soak zone. He wanted to get wet. Bubba and I sat a few rows up and still got wet, not to much thought.
Next stop was Termiator 3D. :3dglasses Good show, but not one of my favorites.
Then it was off to do the rides on the lower level.
Revenge of the Mummy — The Ride is now more "Shocking Than Ever!"--NOT. Well I guess I really can't say that, as I never rode it before, but I thought even thought it was a fast ride, it was way to short. And not that scary. IMHO.
Then it was Jurassic Park — The Ride is now "Wetter than Ever!":umbrella:
And they are not kidding. Be warned you WILL get wet, VERY wet. We sat in the last row and I was soaked to the bone. But it was great fun.
And since we all were wet we thought we would do BackDraft next and it might help dry us off, but we got side track on the the special effects show. Good show, I think it helped having a guide that was very funny.
When we finished with this show, it was to late to make it onto backdraft. The lower section was being closed at 5 pm for a private party. Oh, but we are going to the private party.:cool1: Volkswagen of America throw a dealer appriciation party. At 6:30 we got to go back to the lower level and do all the rides and free food for dinner. Michael and I had Panda Express and Bubba had a burger from the Jurassic Café.
Then we got to do Backdraft. Stopped and got an ice cream at ben & jerry's then it was homeward bound.

Crowds were not to bad, the weather was really nice, not to hot. So it was a great day. And it was nice to spend some special time with Michael.

Sounds perfectly lovely! What a great time !:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter