MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'oh!!! A full mailbox!!!!! I shall go and see to it right away.

Kait- thanks for the well wishes. My migraine is getting worse. Belle is feeling a lot better, but is complaining of a Headache herself, so Tylenol it is.

WFS, MAYers?

Baked BBQ pork chops with some sides for us. Nothing too hard-

Jo

Jo - 2 Excedrin Migraine and a full strength Pepsi (none of that Diet mess) along with a heating pad on the back of the neck should stop that migraine. I hate to suggest it but get off the computer and go lay down in a cool dark room with that heating pad for a little bit. The eyestrain on the puter is just going to make the head hurt worse.

Sorry the little one has a headache too. Does she get migraines as well? Both of my girls do - we have to be very careful with Abbey's triggers (MSG is a huge one for her).

Chicken and dumplings for us. It's Market Day food, so I don't have to do much work!! Does anyone else get Market Day from there school? I love their food!! It's a little pricey but worth it!

I'm coming to your house for dinner. I am Southern and love chicken & dumplings. Yummmmmmmmmm...

I need to figure out dinner here. Salads for sure but not sure of the entree or sides.

Yum, i was going to do Chicken and Dumplings, but decided I wanted BBQ pork chops instead. I think the C&D would've been easier. Now I have to make sides to go with them.:rotfl:

I have never gotten any Market Day stuff, but our school sells it here. It seems expensive to me and I never know what is good and what isn't so I don't order anything.

Jo

It's very good. You should try it! Chicken, steaks, hamburgers, breads, cookies, it's all good! I like the meat because they come individually wrapped and they are so fresh. It's good for us because my kids won't eat meat so I just get out two pieces for DH & I and they thaw in no time and there's no waste. The kids love their french toast sticks!

What is Market day?????

Shelly- i LOVE target..... i can go there 2 times a week and not get tired....

It's like a fundraiser for schools and organizations. It's all food! Similar to the Schwans delivery truck food, if you know what that is. A lot of schools are selling Market Day now and you just order it online and pick it up once a month at the school. Or if there's not a pick up location close to you I think you can have it shipped to your house now.

http://www.marketday.com/

Hey...I found you guys!

We had a very busy weekend out here. Met up with some friends from Texas and Northern California yesterday. Trying to catch up on everything now.

Jo: How is your California planning coming along?

Shelly: Checked on those fanny packs for you at DL - they don't have any character specific packs. They only sell ones that say "Disneyland" and "2008" embroidered on black. I think they are pricey at $16.00. You probably can do better on ebay or at walmart.

Huggie: Are you through with all your painting?

NC: Checking in. I kept my eyes out for those people wearing the Focker Watcher laynards. That is how I met up with Goofybaby on our last day at WDW. I was sure glad that I said something otherwise, I did not run into any Mayers here on the board.

Mari: How is your new job? Do you like it?

Welcome DisDee to the Mayer board! This is a great place to find out the best that WDW has to offer.

Seacrest

Dinner at my home... wow i haven't thought about that yet... something easy... i have a headache today... all i want to do is go home and relax...

Sea - Yay you found us...... we were wondering were you were.... i'm glad u had fun this weekend. My new Job I love it. not too stressful, very flexable. i'm looking into a catholic school for my DD2 which is right down the block from my office not even a 5 min walk. Boss is great... Thanks for asking..

Shelly_ thanks for the information they don't have that around here...

Hey...I found you guys!

Shelly: Checked on those fanny packs for you at DL - they don't have any character specific packs. They only sell ones that say "Disneyland" and "2008" embroidered on black. I think they are pricey at $16.00. You probably can do better on ebay or at walmart.

Seacrest

Hi Sea! :)

Thanks so much for checking on that for me. That's what I was afraid of. Not really what I'm looking for. Guess I'll keep looking. . . Everytime I check ebay all they have is a bunch of pink princess ones.... :sad2:

:offtopic: I'm starting to look into school for my DD2. She starts preK - 3 in September so the school right by my job is $4500 a year which isn't too bad for the area. It's the median for schools around here. Do you think it's too early for her to go to a school setting??? right now she is in a regular sitter...

My new Job I love it. not too stressful, very flexable. i'm looking into a catholic school for my DD2 which is right down the block from my office not even a 5 min walk. Boss is great... Thanks for asking..

Wow Mari that would be nice. . . Long ago before we moved here when I worked at the bank and DS8 was in preschool I could see his preschool from the bank's drive-thru windows. That was such a great feeling knowing that he was so close!

it's great because i can see the school from my office window.... i went to visit the school today and i loved it. only 18 kids per class with a teacher and an aide... very small.... most public schools have about 30 kids per teacher...

:offtopic: I'm starting to look into school for my DD2. She starts preK - 3 in September so the school right by my job is $4500 a year which isn't too bad for the area. It's the median for schools around here. Do you think it's too early for her to go to a school setting??? right now she is in a regular sitter...

Holy Cow $4500 for preschool!! We sure have a lower cost of living around here. . . Of course along with that comes lower pay here. . . :confused3

I think I paid like $600 or $700 for a year of preschool. I sent them when they were 4.

Mari - I think pre-school is very important for kids and that you are getting a bargin at 4500 for the year. In our area, the low end starts around 700 per month and can go up into $$$$$ depending on what you want your child to learn or experience. I think it is especially neat that she would be so close by.

Wow i guess that's a lot.. i'm wondering if i should send her at 3. here they have prek 3year olds then they would move to prek for 4 year olds then kinder.. i just don't know if she is too young for school... or maybe i want her to stay little forever.. the school has a music program and they teach them spanish aswell....

Hahahahaha! Shelly- you could get bonus prizes! A fanny pack AND UnderRoos (remember those???) for the fanny!

Classic, Sea. You are so helpful.:goodvibes

If you read any of my posts...the DL trip might be a dream.:rotfl: We are still trying to figure out finances. I told Dh he shouldn't have gotten me the ring for the anniversary b/c we had the trip(s) coming up and he said, "well, which would you rather have, diamonds or Disney?" to which I replied "I'd very much like to wear my Diamonds IN Disney, if you please." and he laughed and said he'll see what he can do.

I'm spoiled I tell you, and he told me yesterday that he of course wouldn't have it any other way. What a guy.

So, as of right now, nothing is settled. We are making an appointment with the accountant tomorrow, so after the sticker shock of that wears off, we'll see where we are sitting. :rotfl:

Glad you had a good weekend and that you found us in our new home!

Jo

CCF-
Thanks for the advice!!:hug:

I usually pop two excedrin and chase it with a coke, but alas, no coke in the house and I am afraid if I take any of those now, I'd be like this :eek: all night and not a wink of sleep.

Oh, i just remembered some "goodies" i have stashed in the medicine cabinet. I think I will be going to be early tonight!!!!:rotfl:

Jo

Mari-
Mary Cat went to preschool while i worked and then I was home with Drew, but he started a church school a few days a week when he was 3, just to get him prepped for K-

I think you would find that she loves her school.
The babysitter you use now- does she teach them anything or is it just a purely babysitting setting?

I think she would benefit from being in an environment like a school setting, but you know her best.

What ever you feel most comfortable with. You could always wait until she is 4- it won't be to late then either.

Jo

Hey Jo, when I read your story about your new diamond ring, I began to get nervous - it's our 25th wedding anniversary this year and I am sure my wife is expecting some big bling from me. :eek:

I hope it goes well with your accountant. If it doesn't work out this time, there will be a next time I am sure.

Congrats on the new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter