• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 16, 2004 / 4 Day Wonder

After the safety drill sounds like good idea to me. Either place (10 port or 7 aft) sound good to me. Anybody want to be the one to decide which place since we're all being just too darn agreeable about it?

Glenn, thank you for reminding me to remind everybody that the Dad (Ollie) doesn't know about our detour to the Poly after the cruise. I'm going to tell him at dinner one night, but I haven't decided which night, yet. So when we all meet "mums the word." Okay?

Glenn, Annae, have a safe trip and lots of fun at WDW! We'll see you Sunday!

Thanks everyone! We leave tomorrow for Virginia where we will be picking up the auto train which leaves at 4:00 p.m. Its about 3 1/2 hours from our house. I'm at work today til 5ish I was hoping to get out at 4:30 so that we can get on the road to Glenn's house early. Still have some last minute packing to do too.

Well, the time is near. Leave tomorrow morning for the airport, spend the night at the Embassy Suites then to the Poly for three days.

Want to thank you all for all the great tips and info the past six months. Bunch of great people here. See you all Sunday.

Via con dios,
Brett

"Waiting to live the dream"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

Stepping forward.

As folks are leaving, really soon, lets meet on Deck 10 port side forward just outside the elvator doors. Just after the safety drill should work nicely.

Safe trip to all,

Brett, looks like we hit the Poly same time as you. You wont be able to miss us, look for 5 screaming kids, with 5 children.

Thanks Amy. See you on Sunday. Deck 10 port side forward sounds good to me. Everyone have a good trip.

Brett, I didn't realize you were leaving already. Have a safe journey and a fun time at WDW! Thanks for starting this thread. I've had a great time "meeting" everybody before we actually meet!

'll have to ask you and Glenn all about the Poly (when Dad's not around of course) since we've never stayed there!

Annae, Glenn, don't hurt each other on the way down. I would imagine WDW is a lot less fun with mortal injuries.

Deck 10 after the safety drill, got it! Scott H, thanks for "stepping forward" and helping us all decide.

Were almost there!!!!

Glad we all agreed to THAT......Forward, port, deck 10!!!

Work just keeps getting lonnnnnnnnnger.....

Thursday I have asked for an hour off first thing in the am for a dentist appt I forgot about....(good timing) and also for 2 hours off at the end of my shift, mainly so I'll be sure to get off on time!

Great plan I think, come in late and leave early, then LEAVE for a week!!! ;-)

Scott, we just got a little rain, with good winds, and should be more until Friday or so.....not enough to get any real relief. I'm guessing we'll get some weather while we're gone.....maybe they'll appreciate me when I get back....hahaha!!

It'll be nice to "meet" you again!! I called Blly the other night, and told him of our trip. He was surprised, but said you were THE Disney aficianado!! He gave you glowing reports, so I guess I won't be afraid of big bad Scott!!! ;-) Kelli

:rockband:

Well everyone, the time has come to say

" I"M GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD"

I look forward to meeting you all. thanks for the good advice for this 1st time cruiser.

Amy, Anna and I will be there ALIVE. We dont actually hit,.....

hard. LOL

See you in a couple days.
Safe journey

Better to step forward than trip backwards.... whatever that means.

We got snow at about 100' above our valley floor this morning.

I am ready to do the vacation dance::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Where did the big bad Scott come from???, I'm a nice guy. Just ask the guy I am going to court on this morning :p ;) :teeth: I will have to talk to Billy.

Final packing tonight, One pup to the vet tomorrow, then I have a doc apt in the afternoon, then mega happy vacation dance...... Friday will be up at 4:30 to blow this pop stand...

I should have internet contact at my sisters so will keep checking in from ATL.

Will see ya all there, as I said look for the guy with the Tatoos of fish and Mickey on his right leg.

Well it is snowing here again... will the madness ever stop.

Almost outta here for the day.. Maybe hit the gym before heading home...

Looks like the Jersey crowd is on their was and Bret to shortly follow in the AM.

Scott H, I'll have to make sure not to stand too close to you. I have a little tattoo of Mickey on my ankle. He'll seem so paltry and plain next to your "scuba Mickey" surrounded by a school of fish!

It will never cease to amaze me how many people will ask "where did you get that" when I'm at WDW. They think it's a temporary tattoo they can buy. I'll never forget the look of disdain I got from an "old bitty" at one of the parks as she said "oh, it's one of THOSE" after I told her it was real!

I'll be "checking in" here until the very last minute (Sunday morning). So anyone else who has internet access until the "bitter end" can post and not go unoticed. I'll be here to enjoy any last minute banter!

Amy, I know what you are saying about the tattoos, I have had several similar experiences. Your Mickey is just a representation of your inner soul that is adorning your outer being. Mickey is great, the classic little guy who's heart is always in the right place. My school of fish is a dive log of sorts with a story or dive trip associated with each fish.

I think I can hang in here until Sat night then we will be up at 4:00 or earlier to drive into ATL to fly south on Sunday. Weather looks good at this time for the flight, with no thunder storms to interfere with arrival. One time flying into MCO we got diverted to Tampa due to afternoon storms.

One day of work yes, I guess I will be there physically but my mind will be on vacation. Tempted to take a comp day.

The bags are packed and sealed. OK so we are really early. Now to check the carry on.

I know there aren't too many of us left to read this, but I thought I'd let you know that the "Poly Surprise" for Dad is no longer a surprise or even the Poly!

The story is long so I'll spare you the details (for now) but I just rebooked us this morning at Pop Century. I'm completely okay with this because I saved a CHUNK of money, and Dad and I are going to have an even better time. Dad will be able to go to the parks (I didn't originally plan for that) and I won't be worried that I'm spending too much money.

I was shocked when I called CRO this morning. Not only was Pop Century available, but the CM figured out how to let me book with the AP discount (the one that expired April 18). I think I actually told her that I LOVE her!

I had assumed I'd have to pay rack rate. I haven't paid rack rate since 1996! Anyway, I got both nights for just $154 total. So the $255 deposit I had put down for the Poly will completely pay for our room AND I'll have a $111 credit waiting for me when I check in! Can't beat that with a stick.

So I am currently doing the "I got the discount dance." It isn't pretty, but it is alot of fun!

Scott H, have a safe trip tomorrow. And maybe a comp day isn't such a bad idea.

See you all soon!

Woke up with about 4 inches of snow on my truck... oh well we will be warm tomorrow.

Opted not to take a comp day, I can tie up some loose ends, actually had an msg that needed addressing before vacation.

Amy, any discount is a good discount. I think the Pop Century looks pretty groovy. We will have to give it a try one of these trips. Being able to hit the parks will be fun. We have 1 ½ days after the cruise at the BCV’s. Probably spend most of the time at EPCOT as it will be close. Although AK is a favorite park of ours. I think it will be the early opening park on Friday after the cruise.

This will be a very open ended stay at WDW after the cruise, as we really do not have anything planned. Except for the Flower Power concerts, the Animals will be there on Thursday evening. These things kinda make me feel old but I am growing older but not up. I refuse to grow up.

I'm really excited. Dad and I have been hammering out the details all morning. As much as I enjoy surprising him, THIS has turned out to be much better! Not only am I holding on to more of my hard-earned cash, but Dad is REALLY participating in helping me plan those last two days. I'm so pleased at the interest he's taken in helping with this last minute planning.
He had a little grin the whole time we were talking this morning. I love it!

Scott H, the extra magic hours are COMPLETELY different from the norm. Disney is testing a new program while we're down there that includes extra magic hours at night. Thursday doesn't have an EMH morning, instead AK will stay open LATER than usual. Friday will be an EMH morning at the MK. Just wanted to let you know. You can check out allearsnet.com for more info.

Thanks for the info Amy. Great to hear your dad is joining in on your planning. That is pretty kewl.

Will definately do an early MK on friday, will check out deb's site for the info.

At home doing the I am on vacation dance.....::yes:: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :thewave:

Might be able to check in Sat sometime..

Looking forward to meeting you all.

A safe trip to one and all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter