May 2014 7 of 9 - I am a little short for a Stormtrooper..

hello and welcome! Excited to have you onboard! Oh yum re the punch that sounds really nice. Congrats re DVC! Where is your home resort? We have SSR and VGF. We love DVC! Our next trip is September when we also have a DCL cruise :-) when is your next DVC trip?

The punch is definitely Yum :)

Our home resort is VGF. Since it was the new one they were selling, even though we bought in May, our use year is December, so we have 2013 points that we started off with!

Even though my ticker says we are going in October, that is not a DVC trip. My DH is in Afghanistan as a civilian military contractor right now and he will be home for 30 days so we are doing quick split stay at BC and then CL at WL. He has always mentioned how cool it would be to do CL and he doesn't know about it yet. Since we have the DVC CL won't happen if we do a DVC trip.
We will most likely do our first DVC trip next May for SWW (as long as he is on leave from AF)

We went the first SWW right after we got back from our trip in April. 2 days after we got home we found out he was going to AF, so we did a quick 'See Ya Real Soon' SWW trip and DH Loved it!

We too spent way too much time and money in Darth's Mall :p

Love the photo of the room at VGF and as soon as I saw it, I sent a message to DH that we are going to VGF to see what we 'own' :thumbsup2

The punch is definitely Yum :) Our home resort is VGF. Since it was the new one they were selling, even though we bought in May, our use year is December, so we have 2013 points that we started off with! Even though my ticker says we are going in October, that is not a DVC trip. My DH is in Afghanistan as a civilian military contractor right now and he will be home for 30 days so we are doing quick split stay at BC and then CL at WL. He has always mentioned how cool it would be to do CL and he doesn't know about it yet. Since we have the DVC CL won't happen if we do a DVC trip. We will most likely do our first DVC trip next May for SWW (as long as he is on leave from AF) We went the first SWW right after we got back from our trip in April. 2 days after we got home we found out he was going to AF, so we did a quick 'See Ya Real Soon' SWW trip and DH Loved it! We too spent way too much time and money in Darth's Mall :p Love the photo of the room at VGF and as soon as I saw it, I sent a message to DH that we are going to VGF to see what we 'own' :thumbsup2
how wonderful home resort at VGF! Although we don't stay until October 1st my birthday it looked so nice :-) how nice re BC and CL at WL! Last year we did CL at AK and loved it. You can do this with DVC points but it's very hard to score at 7 month window without having AK as your home resort. It's the only DVC you can do CL at. Nice re next year and SWW! Must be hard with DH away thank heavens for Disney!

Chef Mickey's and MK Monday

We woke up and Jo and I had our sugary fix. We had a special date this morning with our good friend Pam and a special chef Mouse at the contemporary resort. Our reservation was for 11:20 as we like to have it as an early lunch/brunch. I need to eat really early first thing in the morning so that fits well. I can still have cereal in room and enjoy this for lunch!

We picked up Pam and made our way to the contemporary resort. Pam was waiting for us and hopped in the car. We chatted excitedly on the way. We parked at the contemporary valet and went into this iconic resort.

I have always loved this resort. I think it's like marmite a British sandwich spread you either love it or hate it! I love the way the monorail runs through it. The shape and atmosphere achieved without feeling like a goldfish tank.

We made our way to Chef Mickey's and the host took our reservation. We waited patiently. All the food smelled yummy!

temporary_zps2411bf8c.jpg

Soon we were showed to our table. We were offered drinks and the lovely server filled our orders. It wasn't long until characters arrived! Who's this Goofin' around?

temporary_zps3297e58d.jpg

Yes I am 42 with an autograph book lol..

temporary_zpsbc1e1ccd.jpg

Great one of Pam

temporary_zps2f35b986.jpg

Goofy was very willing to pose!

27118f6781060fb03ff7dbf136b0faee_zpsdea89079.jpg

Do I see a Donald coming? Should we Duck...

a4ef185bdb2b0df36db1286396351881_zpsc9073e75.jpg

Next up Donald! This little guy is quackers!

Here comes Donald...

temporary_zpsb7a4b3d4.jpg

Hang on a minute! Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper? An invader! Sorry couldn't resist that one. Back to Chef Mickey's....this is more like it.. This is a great photo of us all.

temporary_zpsd6531f17.jpg

From of our Photopass photographer Pam...

25823fd7b3df2ff54a8a66b5c7942d2a_zpsd402c86c.jpg

Sign my book Donald be my fair feathered friend..

51eaf5bede7de3d6392072e236110d6c_zpsbdc971ca.jpg

Pig in mud...

00335109ae0e5ba8138821d435cd325b_zps35420181.jpg

Group hug....

temporary_zps56091962.jpg

Bye Donald! Right shall we get some food? Oh my the food was divine. I adored the french toast. This was simply food of the gods! The cinnamon buns, melon and pancakes just divine. There was a good selection of savoury and sweet. Scrambled egg, egg every way but loose, bacon, quiche. Pancakes, waffles, fruit, toast, cakes, muffins. There was no food group left unturned! We all enjoyed it very much.

Next up the mice appear....

I kept the mice till last .. ladies first...

96a4029736b5e1b9f9fcb84b7b5a8c83_zps2778eaf8.jpg

Hey Minnie please write your pretty ole name in my book for a gal..

a6d6d6ad98499f2dafb17d8ea3f6d1a3_zps75954cb7.jpg

Thanks hon!

Pam and Minnie hang out..

temporary_zpsf5027356.jpg

Minnie and Jo chat about cheese...

847891790cdde9657eadd4b67c44bc8c_zps91d275ce.jpg

Then Minnie leaves us but along comes her beau....

Is it a plane? Is it a bird? No it's a mouse the size of a house...

ab4b6cfa8bcb1f35a39a96e0f129af15_zps7051241e.jpg

Here he is! Oh Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!

3a0444ba372b3a8b01abaf7c32740dfd_zpsee6364e6.jpg

I love this guy! A photo for my Dad back home he adores Mickey Mouse..

b0dff5d620c6a3a50299adfa2335f063_zps97d44cb1.jpg

This is too cool for school...

temporary_zps5838fff0.jpg

Finally this photo sums it up...

temporary_zps93b7daa7.jpg

Next up on to MK for more fun ...next chapter is...move aside pigs in mud..here come Bears in honey.

Pam says what do you mean you've been to WDW over 10 times and not done the Pooh or Peter Pan ride? Aren't you British? Aren't they British? Shocking. Pam saves the day! We end up as bears in honey...

What a fab breakfast! You can see how much fun through all of your big grins!

We left Chef Mickey's and made our way to MK. One thing I forgot to mention was that before we went to Chef Mickey's we got the monorail to MK to get a DAS for the 7DMT!

Pam hadn't sampled this new attraction and we weren't able to get a FP+ for it for this day. A simple trip on this elevated train and we got a return time for the current wait time minus 10 minutes for later.

We had two other FP+ Pooh and Peter Pan! Pam persuaded us to try these rides. Game for anything that does not send me upside down or risk a fracture we made our way to MK New FantasyLand.

We swiped our bands and lined for the Pooh ride. The big honey while you wait is very cute! Soon little cars arrived modelled as pots of honey! I am liking this already! We boarded our honey pots and entered the Chapter 1 of the ride in which we joined Winnie the Pooh and his friends in a very blustery day!

Sorry no photos but very cute ride! Really enjoyed it :-)

Pam got her Mom a really lovely plushy Pooh with Piglet attached. Later Mom said she was thrilled with it!

Next we rode The Mine train I believe and we really enjoyed this although I felt it was missing elements from before. The cars did not swing from side to side and it was much quicker not stopping by the house to see Snow White dance. It may have been part of the technical issues.

Finally Peter Pan oh this was my favourite! I cannot believe we haven't done this before! Boarding little boats and flying over London! It is just superb! Def a favourite and repeat for us now.

We made our way down Main Street I find it hard to believe I didn't go into the shops to buy something so I suspect I did!

Finally we left MK. Pam tried to get another card for the Sorcerers game but for some reason they would not allocate one.

It was time to part ways for today. Pam was meeting some good Dis friends and we were going to eat at the Red Lobster that night then crash!

Another great day! Sadly the next day Pam was leaving us but not without saying goodbye! It's annoying you have to wait 30 seconds in between posts lol.. Hopefully that filled some time me saying that lol..

Loved this update! I turned into a little kid at Chef Mickey's, that was such fun! And the food was really delicious.

I'm still mad about the sorcerers cards, I should have asked for the manager.

We also did Haunted Mansion with FP+, love that FP+. I'm so glad you were willing to try some new rides, it was great fun to see your reactions :)

Loved this update! I turned into a little kid at Chef Mickey's, that was such fun! And the food was really delicious. I'm still mad about the sorcerers cards, I should have asked for the manager. We also did Haunted Mansion with FP+, love that FP+. I'm so glad you were willing to try some new rides, it was great fun to see your reactions :)
thanks Pam! Yes of course re HM! Thank you so much I knew there was a third ride! How could I forget my fav :-) thanks again for a lovely day and for showing us neverland :-)

Looks like you had some fantastic character interaction at Chef Mickey's. I have never seen Chef Goofy there. I had to go to the west coast to see him. How nice that you got to experience some new rides. I love Peter Pan's Flight.

Corinna

Looks like you had some fantastic character interaction at Chef Mickey's. I have never seen Chef Goofy there. I had to go to the west coast to see him. How nice that you got to experience some new rides. I love Peter Pan's Flight. Corinna
Chef Goofy was cool :-) he wasn't there last time so that was a nice surprise! I am so pleased Pam introduced us to PP :-)

I've never been to Chef Mickeys, looks like a great time! Great pics withe the characters, especially with you, Jo & Pam!

how wonderful home resort at VGF! Although we don't stay until October 1st my birthday it looked so nice :-) how nice re BC and CL at WL! Last year we did CL at AK and loved it. You can do this with DVC points but it's very hard to score at 7 month window without having AK as your home resort. It's the only DVC you can do CL at. Nice re next year and SWW! Must be hard with DH away thank heavens for Disney!

I didn't know about AKL and their CL using points, thanks for that!

And next year DH is hoping to volunteer as part of the 501st as a Stormtrooper (I prefer the Scout Troopers though... ;) )he's definitely Imperial all the way, and I'm the Rebel :laughing:

We did get the DTech Me figurines... Of course he was a Stormtrooper and I was Leia... I really hope he has time off to go next year!

Love the Chef Mickey photos. We have only done 'Ohana for breakfast. And we are doing it again in October as well as Tusker House for breakie.
Maybe we will do Chef Mickey's next year!

I didn't know about AKL and their CL using points, thanks for that! And next year DH is hoping to volunteer as part of the 501st as a Stormtrooper (I prefer the Scout Troopers though... ;) )he's definitely Imperial all the way, and I'm the Rebel :laughing: We did get the DTech Me figurines... Of course he was a Stormtrooper and I was Leia... I really hope he has time off to go next year! Love the Chef Mickey photos. We have only done 'Ohana for breakfast. And we are doing it again in October as well as Tusker House for breakie. Maybe we will do Chef Mickey's next year!
we go on the waitlist for club whenever we stay at AK :-) worth a punt! Cool re Dtech I thought they were too cool for school! How nice DH is going to be a stormtrooper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter