**May 2023 car rental**

1420Elexismc

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I recently reserved my rental car for May 2023 and thought I would start a thread with my experiences with prices etc so far.
The details:
Minivan rental from 05/05-05/12
Renting through Costco Travel and/or car rental savers

So far pricing has been as follows:
Started at $596 through Budget
Dropped to $583 through Budget (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $575 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $571 through Avis (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $521 through Budget (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $468.40 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $458.67 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $430.57 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked at this price)

Carrentalsavers
Dropped to $507 through Hertz
Dropped to $424 through Hertz(canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $422 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $419 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $409 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $376 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $365 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
Dropped to $354 through Hertz (canceled and rebooked at this price)
*Canceled Hertz because they would not honor the coupon code I used according to their site when I tried to log in(after my reservation was confirmed)-carrentalsavers was the one who notified me that some customers were having an issue when they got to the counter utilizing that code and I didn’t want to risk it**

Hoping for some further drops!

Last edited:
Hi all,
I recently reserved my rental car for May 2023 and thought I would start a thread with my experiences with prices etc so far.
The details:
Minivan rental from 05/05-05/12
Renting through Costco Travel

So far pricing has been as follows:
Started at $596 through Budget
Dropped to $583 through Budget (canceled and rebooked for this price)
Dropped to $575 through Alamo (canceled and rebooked for this price)

Hoping for some further drops!
Just rented Enterprise through Undercover Tourist for the past 2 weeks beginning of February, minivan for 880. I bought 1 day tickets from them to qualify.
Keep checking!

Our trip is for April but when I started looking all the prices were over $600 for a 9-day rental. I'm currently at $387 for a small SUV through Hertz for 9 days. I have compared different sites but my best deal thus far was through car rental savers website. I had added my gold number and it shows up on the hertz site and app so i can go right to the gold canopy and skip the inside lines.

I have a car reserved thru Alamo for 5/28-6/4 flying into Sanford. My starting price is $522 for a premium car using 860292 which is an annual pass code. I am hoping the prices will come down also.

Our trip is for April but when I started looking all the prices were over $600 for a 9-day rental. I'm currently at $387 for a small SUV through Hertz for 9 days. I have compared different sites but my best deal thus far was through car rental savers website. I had added my gold number and it shows up on the hertz site and app so i can go right to the gold canopy and skip the inside lines.

Have you used Car rental savers before? My best rate for a minivan in April is through them, with Hertz. But I'm nervous because they are about $125 cheaper than the next closest company. I've never rented with Hertz either but do have (and have entered) my gold number so I'm hoping that I can skip the counter.

Have you used Car rental savers before? My best rate for a minivan in April is through them, with Hertz. But I'm nervous because they are about $125 cheaper than the next closest company. I've never rented with Hertz either but do have (and have entered) my gold number so I'm hoping that I can skip the counter.
Same...I checked and I'm honestly nervous that it's too good to be true and that I'll get there and they will tell me there was a glitch or don't have my reservation or something lol

I'm looking at a minivan through Hertz with them and it is coming up at $507...costco is still sitting at $575...giving it a shot!
My minivan with Hertz is at $399 and my next closet reservation is with Alamo for $542. I'm very much considering keeping both and only using the Alamo if the Hertz price changes. I would cancel Alamo if everything works out ok. I don't pre-pay for anything. I just really want to be able to skip the counter. My husband will not be patient with the kids while having to wait in a slow-moving line at the counter. He'll be fine in the parks - those lines move and there are more things to distract the kids

We still have 6 weeks until our trip and I check rates multiple times a day

My minivan with Hertz is at $399 and my next closet reservation is with Alamo for $542. I'm very much considering keeping both and only using the Alamo if the Hertz price changes. I would cancel Alamo if everything works out ok. I don't pre-pay for anything. I just really want to be able to skip the counter. My husband will not be patient with the kids while having to wait in a slow-moving line at the counter. He'll be fine in the parks - those lines move and there are more things to distract the kids

We still have 6 weeks until our trip and I check rates multiple times a day
How long is your rental for at $399?! I want that lol but we’re renting from 5/5-5/12 is yours a shorter rental?

I am at $428 with Alamo for May 1 to May 8 (Disney Passholder 860292 ) for a mid-size. My experiences with Alamo have been so smooth with all phases of the rental I would not feel comfortable with another company ! I hope I didn't just jinx myself! If I can get into the $300 range I will be very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter