May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 15: Epcot – Post-Dinner Entertainment

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
May 27, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)
Dan Murphy (moderator of the Community board)

Dan and I had about 90 minutes before we would meet up with Debi. We decided to see what we could ride before then. Test Track seemed to be a good choice.

Before going to Test Track, Dan stopped by Innoventions to send a postcard to his secret admirers. I need to know his secrets and how he attracts so many women! I decided to stay out of the postcard, as this was Dan’s moment of glory.

Then we went to Test Track. The regular wait was about an hour, so we hit the single riders line. We waited about 5 minutes before entering the pre-show. Dan had rode Test Track during the Epcot meet and wondered why the same two people were still here. He also said that they said the same things earlier in the day.

We were seated in the same row. Dan was in the front passenger seat and I was in the rear passenger seat. He is big, but he didn’t obstruct my view. A few things weren’t working on the ride. The on-board audio seemed to be off and the small TV screen in the car showed a grey screen with some lines on it. One of the robot arms in the corrosive chemical test area didn’t spray out the “corrosion.” Still, it was a good ride.

After Test Track, we headed out to see the Flower and Garden Show. I had thought about riding Spaceship Earth. That would be a good, relaxing ride. Dan had ridden it earlier and it said that he would have lost it if he rode it for 30 seconds more. He asked one of the Cast Members what they did if someone fell asleep on the ride. The Cast Member said that they usually let them go on another round. Imagine that – you’re boarding the ride and out pops a car with a sleeping guest in it! I would have taken a photo of that for sure!

We walked around the Flower and Garden Show and Dan was oohhing and ahhing at all the wonderful creations. I liked how the shrubs and flowers were made up as Disney characters. Dan was taking photos left and right. The show would be a good diversion when the rides have long waits. You can wander around World Showcase and admire the creations.

It was getting close to the start of the second Tapestry of Nations show, so we headed over to Germany to meet Debi.

Barry..you're right ..those same two pre show workers at TT are ALWAYS there....;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter