May/June 2001 Trip -- Part 27: The Orlando Roller Coaster Tour

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
Part 27: The Orlando Roller Coaster Tour – Sea World: Let the Crowds Stay at the Magic Kingdom!

May 29, 2001

The cast:
Me (the 29-year old)

I drove down I-4 to Sea World. As I entered Sea World, I noticed that the closing time is 10 pm. I was sure that it was 7 pm. That was what I remembered from the website. I wondered if I should have gone to Universal first (since it was closing at 7) and the come here. My plans fell apart even further.

I parked in row F, which was really far away from the entrance. I didn’t see trams running either. My ankles were hurting (probably from yesterday’s walking), so I did my best to get to the entrance. My ankles weren’t in extreme pain, but it was kind of hard to walk.

I made it to the entrance and entered the park. As I walked to Kraken, I wondered where the crowds were. Some places I had to myself and some people walked by me, but it was not a whole stream of nonstop people like at the Magic Kingdom. I found it refreshing that I was not packed like sardines into a monorail or even a ride queue.

I rode Kraken and it was a walk-on. The only real wait was for the front seat. I chose a row and rode. I love this coaster! It is so smooth and fast. It’s not the Hulk, but it is fun! As I pulled into the exit, I noticed people were getting off the coaster, hanging around the exit, and hopping back on when they found an open seat. I thought that I might try it. I got off the coaster and hung around the exit doors. The doors remain open until the train is nearly ready to depart. I stood around and waited for an empty single seat and I jumped back on board. I did this and I was able to get five rides in about 30 minutes. I was able to ride the front once because I found an open middle seat there!

I wanted to ride Journey to Atlantis, but the wait was 35 minutes. I started to wonder if I should continue with my roller coaster tour. My ankles felt kind of stiff and the crowds weren’t huge. I wondered if I should just stay here for the rest of the day.

I decided to now take a break at the Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island show. I watch the show mainly for the mime. He was so funny today. He saw a family with about seven kids and he shook the hand of the father. He saw a woman who had her bikini straps down and he pulled them up. Another man had a map in his back pocket. The mime took it out and started reading it. The man didn’t notice! The mime tried to give it back to the man, but the man didn’t have a clue. The mime gave the map to the man’s son.

I decided to go to Universal next. I would come back to Sea World later to ride Journey to Atlantis.

5 rides in 30 minutes? Wow, sounds great! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter