May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our tickets arrived this morning....thank goodness as was starting to panic a bit then!! Can't believe we are going next week, it's come around so quickly:goodvibes.

Someone please help me.......

Which night is the Pirate night? Is it La Spezia or Corsica? I thought I read back some where that it was believed to be changed to Sunday, 23 May. But, I saw on the cruise webpage that it is listed as Saturday, 22 May.

This will make a big difference in what I do on those two days.

Thanks a lot.

Cindy

Cindy,

I initially had it on the website as Ajaccio based on having an itinerary similar to what we had in 2007. The move to La Spezia is based on the 4/24 itinerary. Only options now are to call DCL and ask or wait and see what the 5/5 itinerary looks like.

Edit: I called their 800 number and they confirmed that the two semi-formal nights are on the 7th and 10th nights and Pirate Night is on the 8th night (La Spezia).

I noticed that there is a duty-free shop in the cruise terminal at Barcelona. Does anyone know if we will be able to purchase alcohol there to take onboard or will it be kept until we disembark?

If the duty-free shop sells alcohol (which I think that it would), you can bring in on board as long as it's in your carryon (which it would be because you'de just be buying it). If you want a Disney steward to uncork it for you, it will cost $15.00. We bring our own cork screw, but make sure you put it in your checked luggage, last cruise we didn't even think about it and put it in our carryon for our flight home and security pulled it out and threw it away.

Jeff, be glad you have left the Opryland Hotel already. They moved people from the hotel Sunday night to a high school where they slept on floors and chairs because the hotel rooms around Nashville were booked. The hotel is now closed for the foreseeable future due to the flooding inside and around the hotel. I-40 finally reopened today - at one point, all 3 interstates in town were closed at one point.
That is no small task given the size of this property. Hoping they move our June 2-6 event down to Gaylord Palms since Opryland will be closed at least through June. I really feel for y'all, we have had some massive flooding here a few times over the last 10 years and I know first hand how difficult it is to coordinate the response between City, State and Federal Agencies. Hopefully with a crest of tonight or tomorrow the river will recede quickly.

Good Luck to all.

If the duty-free shop sells alcohol (which I think that it would), you can bring in on board as long as it's in your carryon (which it would be because you'de just be buying it). If you want a Disney steward to uncork it for you, it will cost $15.00. We bring our own cork screw, but make sure you put it in your checked luggage, last cruise we didn't even think about it and put it in our carryon for our flight home and security pulled it out and threw it away.

Sometimes its the things that you just don't think about that are what catch you out with security.

I went to Statue of Liberty a few yrs back. On the trip to NY we'd been careful with hand luggage etc. But while in NY i had sticking plaster and mini scissors in my bag. You can guess what happened next.

You have to go through xray machines to get on the boat over to the statue - no probs.

Got in the queue to go inside the statue and the xray machine finds the scissors - i got carted off to a little room and really quizzed over these tiny nail scissors. In the end they believed that it was an honest mistake and let me go in sans scissors of course.

Soooo embarrassing, but looking back it is actally pretty funny.

That is no small task given the size of this property. Hoping they move our June 2-6 event down to Gaylord Palms since Opryland will be closed at least through June. I really feel for y'all, we have had some massive flooding here a few times over the last 10 years and I know first hand how difficult it is to coordinate the response between City, State and Federal Agencies. Hopefully with a crest of tonight or tomorrow the river will recede quickly.

Good Luck to all.

River crested about 10 my time last night and has steadily gone down since. I feel for the people of Nashville....they have a mess on their hands.

Jill in CO

Cindy,

I initially had it on the website as Ajaccio based on having an itinerary similar to what we had in 2007. The move to La Spezia is based on the 4/24 itinerary. Only options now are to call DCL and ask or wait and see what the 5/5 itinerary looks like.

Edit: I called their 800 number and they confirmed that the two semi-formal nights are on the 7th and 10th nights and Pirate Night is on the 8th night (La Spezia).

I emailed DCL a while ago on this question

11-Night Mediterranean Cruise
*Nights 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11: cruise casual
*Night 2: "formal night" - formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for
women: gown or dress
*Night 8: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Nights 7 & 10: "semi-formal night" - semi-formal wear for men:
suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

According to this it would be on May 22

Hi again everyone! I am new to posting etc...My husband is the techno whiz. I just wanted to try to get a message to Tammy. (moneyhappy). On your tour of Rome, are you stopping at St. Peter's Basilica for a tour? Are you still looking for people to join your tour?
Karen

Hi Karen,

Here is the update on St. Peter's Basilica

Our stop at the basilica works only with the Vatican museum because from there we can skip the line
What we can do is driveby the square before we drive back to the port and you can get off the car for few minutes to make some pictures

It looks like we will not be going inside St. Peter's Basilica.

Please let me know if you are still interested in joining us on the tour.

Tammy :)

This looks like a plan (theme dining), now I need to discuss pirate attire with the girls, betting one will be excited and other two drag along.

Feeling a little overwhelmed by the size of Naples. Our thought was to explore the city and get some pizza...looking at my travel books now that seems a little ridiculous.

Has anyone ever rode the hop on/hop off bus in Naples? We have a 6:30 Palo reservation that day so we would defintley want to be back on the ship early.

So are people interested in the fountains? I'm not sure how to arrange all this, since I may die of exhaustion, but if I don't, I really want to go... :confused3

Sayhello

What hotel are you staying at? Maybe we can meet you their and go as a group.

I've decided we're going to get the T10 Metro cards so we're game for getting there, unless it's pouring down rain or something miserable like that. Sunset on May 14 is 9:02 pm so if we arrive 30-45 minutes early, we should be able to find each other IF we can find a good rallying point. Perhaps if you wear Mickey Ears then we'll be able to find you. :earsgirl:

We were also planning on doing the fountain Friday night, hopefully we'll still be awake then :upsidedow and not completely messed up/exhausted.

If people are meeting for the fountain we would like to join. :)

Originally Posted by sayhello
So are people interested in the fountains? I'm not sure how to arrange all this, since I may die of exhaustion, but if I don't, I really want to go...

moneyhappy What hotel are you staying at? Maybe we can meet you their and go as a group.

I thought she said she was at the Eurostars.

Someone had posted earlier that DCL will exchange US currency for Euros on the ship. Anyone know if they are gouging us on the exchange rate? Is there any dollar limit to how much we can exchange? We have some private tours lined up that require payment is cash--Euros, so an ATM or credit card will not work.

That info is on the web site under cruise info. Look down a couple of posts and you can find a link to the site on Jeff's signature.

Hi am glad you asked that!!!! Newbie here only just found this site:mad: with just 11 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was wondered if i should just get dollars and exchange on boat OR euros but want to get best rate as our ££££ in rubbish at the mo!!! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter