MCO security lines....hmmmm

We discovered Biscoff when we flew Delta lol.

But no I haven't tried their cookie butter!? Where do you get that at?
My local Target and Walmart sell it. It’s on the shelf in the peanut butter section. We prefer the creamy version. Haven’t tried the crunchy. I suppose it’s intended to be spread on something to eat it. As gluttonous as this sounds, I prefer to just put a little on a clean spoon and slowly savor it. (Oh no! I’ve said too much!)

https://www.target.com/p/biscoff-creamy-cookie-butter-spread-14oz/-/A-14702674#lnk=sametab

My local Target and Walmart sell it. It’s on the shelf in the peanut butter section. We prefer the creamy version. Haven’t tried the crunchy. I suppose it’s intended to be spread on something to eat it. As gluttonous as this sounds, I prefer to just put a little on a clean spoon and slowly savor it. (Oh no! I’ve said too much!)

https://www.target.com/p/biscoff-creamy-cookie-butter-spread-14oz/-/A-14702674#lnk=sametab
:rotfl2:

Well this sounds yummy ::yes::

I didn't even think about it being in the peanut butter section but that makes sense. We'll have to check it out the next time we go to the store.

As for the spoon..I do that with nutella. I *think* I've used it on waffles a couple of times. The rest with a spoon :o. I know you won't judge me for that lol

They were just the silliest TSA I've ever seen.

Perfect description.

MCO was at it's most efficient during the TSA's short-lived "ski resort" line plan; when for awhile they had 3 lines: Family, Regular, and Black Diamond. That shunted out the young families and the business travelers, leaving just the regular adult casual travelers in the standard line.

And they shunted me and my son, two well travelled people, into the family line simply because of his age. It was ridiculous. So we waited ages longer than we needed to when we are actually quite efficient.

I wasn’t a fan.

Xmas week's Thursday eve is a zoo in general at most airports

Problem with precheck is many are designated 'trusted travelers' & funneled thru (for free), often don't catch they don't have to take off shoes, etc.

Every single flight this year (not just when traveling thru MCO), have had at least one person in line ahead of me who was going thru the regular procedures & slowing down the line.

To MCO's credit, there is always a roving TSA agent loudly proclaiming the precheck policy. Could be ESL issues or that many people are just plain unaware/don't travel often & are overwhelmed, especially tourists who likely make up a large percentage of traffic @ MCO.

That was me once (not at MCO). I had not signed up for Pre-check or any of the other programs. I didn't comprehend that my boarding pass said that I had been randomly assigned pre-check, because I didn't even know that was a possibility. I got in the regular line, was admonished by the TSA person checking boarding passes for being in the wrong line, didn't know what the pre-check rules were... If you know what you're doing and are randomly assigned the pre-check line, it's great. If you don't know what you're doing, it's confusing.

I got in the regular line, was admonished by the TSA person checking boarding passes for being in the wrong line, didn't know what the pre-check rules were...

How silly of the TSA person. What purpose did it serve to send you to the pre line when you didn’t know what it was?

How silly of the TSA person. What purpose did it serve to send you to the pre line when you didn’t know what it was?

I don't know but he insisted that I had to go in that line since that's what was printed on my boarding pass. This was a small airport and there were only a few people in the regular line, so the whole process took longer for me and for anybody who actually paid for pre-check.

I don't know but he insisted that I had to go in that line since that's what was printed on my boarding pass. This was a small airport and there were only a few people in the regular line, so the whole process took longer for me and for anybody who actually paid for pre-check.

Ugh.

Government.

Sir I know you are the only person in line, but you must go to the correct longer line.

We flew out of MCO last Thursday evening (12/20), and we were through security in less than 10 minutes. I don’t know when it changed, but we were not required to take out any food items or electronics and were not even required to take our shoes off.

Of course, with DME now picking up 4 hours early, we arrived at our gate almost 3 hours early.

We had no issues at all at the airport (other than waiting forever to board). I was pleasantly surprised.

When we flew home through MCO in October, the security line just did not move, at all, for probably close to 15 minutes. The TSA agents were chatting amongst themselves and the line was backed up further than I could see. Mom and kid in the next line over were beside themselves that they were going to be late for their flight.

We bought PreCheck primarily for MCO as well. Worked great in Buffalo on the way down, but on the the flight back, the JB agent hadn't updated my name correctly so we had to use the regular line-and got a lot of push back there. It was awful. December flights-ROC did not have PreCheck on the boarding pass, but it's ROC so the wait wasn't awful, but MCO with the PreCheck was soooo much nicer than without.

I think MCO is bad overall because of the sheer volume of people, but compounded by people who come through who rarely fly. When every 5th or 8th group isn't prepared to take off their shoes, or put their IDs back in their wallet before the checkpoint, or has a bottle of water they though they'd be able to take with them, or a stroller loaded down like a pack mule...it just makes things so much worse.

Getting through TSA precheck this morning at SFO was slower than normal due to holiday travelers. There were normally very efficient business travelers attempting to heard children through the line, as well as your randomly assigned grandparents that don’t know what pre-check is or have a new knee or hip, so can’t use the scanner.

MCO is like having a holiday year round. It’s just going to be a little less efficient than those airports with a much higher ratio of business travelers to vacationers.

I do have to give props to MCO, as I was flying out last week in the Pre TSA line they had a separate aritificial knee and hip line. It’s so much faster if they don’t have to go through the regular scanner first only to beep and be sent to the full scanner. Other than being close to Disney, MCO is also the home airport to the biggest retirement community in the US, or perhaps the world. There is a huge percentage of them headed to see grand kids for the holidays, and MCO caught on to that.

MCO is like having a holiday year round. It’s just going to be a little less efficient than those airports with a much higher ratio of business travelers to vacationers.
I'm not sure why people keep saying this. Because while that might be part of the equation it wasn't the actual reason for us nor the actual reason for many people.

Just about everywhere I go people have been pretty darn good at getting ready for the line. Business travelers are capable you know of oops too just as much as vacationers.

The amount of people in the several lines at MCO wasn't all that much really when we went through in September. It was not the passengers holding up the security process at all. It was just the TSA. Everyone was backed up since you aren't supposed to leave your belongings prior to them going through the x-ray machine and because they were being so asinine at the scanner it was causing people who were completely ready to be held up. I looked over and this was the case for the other lines too not just ours.

MCO isn't just a volume issue with TSA. You would expect longer lines at busier airports in general because of the amount of people but MCO seems to be unique in how their TSA run. It's quite interesting honestly how many people buy Pre Check here on the DIS just for MCO.

Business travelers are capable you know of oops too just as much as vacationers.

I disagree. Are they capable of a mistake, of course. Just as much as vacationers? I don't think so. If you don't do something often, you aren't as familiar with the process and it's easier to miss something.

I disagree. Are they capable of a mistake, of course. Just as much as vacationers? I don't think so. If you don't do something often, you aren't as familiar with the process and it's easier to miss something.
I'm pretty sure you know what I meant. You know the phrase people use.

I was referring to the fact that people think it's all vacationers who mess up and are incapable of going through the lines. I've seen business travelers mess up too. That's all that I meant. I wasn't going into nitty gritty percentage evaluation on the ratio of mistakes business people do in comparison to vacationers.

You said just as much as vacationers. I don't think that is true. You seem to be taking mention of vacationers personally.

You said just as much as vacationers. I don't think that is true. You seem to be taking mention of vacationers personally.
I think you're taking my phrase "Business travelers are capable you know of oops too just as much as vacationers." in a much more in-depth way than I was.

I already explained what I meant by the phrase..not sure what else you are looking for :confused3

Blame the guests... After all it can't be the airport's issue?

Seriously!?? This is that "Disney can do no wrong" being transported to an airport.

ALL AIRPORTS have lots of new fliers (Try Vegas some day, or LAX or.....) But MCO has managed to make into the worst experience ever.

There's a reason the Clear folks picked MCO as one of their first airports to start back up..... Incompetence airport management is their friend!

Well I'd expect it to be pretty crowded for the next couple of weeks.

But going at non generally crazy times of the year I've found MCO to be rather pleasant in recent visits.

The last 2 times I've flown home (Labor Day 2016 and 2017) there was pretty much no one in the TSA line flying SWA both times.

I'm sure the electronics rule and food rule have made the lines longer even though it really shouldn't. People should just know take your carp out and it won't be a problem.
I doubt that it will be terribly crazy by the time I go in mid February.

We're flying out of MCO back home in early March and I hope it's not insane! lol @ "carp", I got a chuckle out of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter