MCO security lines....hmmmm

Government.

Sir I know you are the only person in line, but you must go to the correct longer line.

Eh. Not govt. just that agent. It’s not a widespread thing.

It was not the passengers holding up the security process at all. It was just the TSA. Everyone was backed up since you aren't supposed to leave your belongings prior to them going through the x-ray machine and because they were being so asinine at the scanner it was causing people who were completely ready to be held up.

Agreed.

And my experience with that was one guy screaming, doing some sort of less-pleasant Lewis Black type of standup about it being the real world and not leaving your bags unattended...and the just out of his voice’s reach were the agents at the conveyor belts screaming at people to not wait and to go through the scanners. Thereby leaving our bags unattended.

I can’t out my arm up correctly for the nekkid machine and let them know this, and waited 10 minutes for an agent after the jerk agent *whispered* that he needed a female assist for me. My stuff was sitting there alone. I could see them starting to worry about it. I kept trying to catch his eye to let him know I was worried about the safety of my stuff (and that he should be worried about abandoned belongings belonging to a stranger IF security was really his business...not that I’d ever say that, but it makes as much sense as the big garbage bin filled with illicit and suspect liquids they have next to themselves!!).

Finally he realized I wasn’t going to have a miracle shoulder healing and used his real voice to get a female agent and she was there in a flash. In the meantime I got to watch the Lewis Black guy flail about not leaving stuff, and the other agents forcing people to leave their stuff, that whole time.

It’s not the passengers. It’s fun to blame the families, but we’re all just trying to figure out the rules du jour!

We're flying out of MCO back home in early March and I hope it's not insane! lol @ "carp", I got a chuckle out of that!

It’ll be insane. Count on it. If by chance it’s not consider it a little lagniappe.

Insane or busy?

I'm used to flying out of McCarran, which is also another largely tourist airport, but they have it pretty down pat for the most part.

TSA precheck best 85$ spent when dealing with MCO.
I just got my precheck all taken care of for our upcoming WDW trip and it's all because of MCO. I think it's going to be money very well spent.

I think the frustrating thing in the regular lines for the casual traveler is that the rules seem to be constantly changing. Sometimes you have to take off your shoes and unpack the laptop; other times you don't. Sometimes the iPad can still in your bag; other times it needs to be out. It's stressful as it is and then when the rules keep changing it can be pretty overwhelming (especially when someone is yelling at you as if you're an idiot.)

Last edited:
oh and one other thing, while going thru, I herd lots of TSA yelling to take out all food items on the belt.... and totally forgot about a box of cookies in our bag that was undetected anyway.....:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter