meal report from 2/15-2/20

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
Thought this might be helpful for any of you planning a trip soon.

BREAKFASTS
CRT - the only breakfast we didn't eat at our condo. Contrary to what many report about meals at the castle, ours was fabulous! We had the first seating of the day, so maybe that makes a difference. Everything was great: breads, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, oj, coffee. It was all good. And the interaction with the princesses was wonderful!

LUNCHES
Plaza Pavillion - o.k. for counter service. My kids had chicken strips, fries, and carrot sticks. They seemed to enjoy them.

Casey's Corner - hot dogs for DW and myself. Very good, and good topping selections (I'm a kraut and mustard guy).

Rosies' All American Cafe - burgers, fries, and chicken strips. Not real impressed.

Toluca Turkey Legs - awesome as always.

San Angel Inn - pretty good. Lots of food (my DW, 4 DD, and myself shared 2 adult plates. The black beans were good, as were the beef burrito and the chicken enchilada. Everything else was so-so.

DINNERS
50s Prime Time Cafe - wonderful! Large portions of what I thought was really good food. DW had pot roast w/veggies and mashed potatoes, and I had meatloaf w/the same sides. Kids had mac n cheese and chicken. Everything was terrific! Plus they brought us 2 hot fudge sundaes at the end of the meal free of charge! What a treat!

Rose and Crown - good, but not as good as in the past. Started w/fruit and cheese plate and mushroom medley. Pastry was not ready for the top of the medley, so they brought it out when we were halfway through with the mushrooms. DW and I split steak and prawns. Steak had a very good flavor, but was a little fatty. Shrimp was good.

Main Street Bakery - sandwiches on the run. Pretty good for quick food.

Also had assorted snacks from egg roll wagon in frontierland (too peppery!), pastry shop in france (always great), and hot dog cart in liberty square (once again, good dogs!)

One last note . . . had a TERRIBLE off-site experience at Bob Evans' on 192 just down from Disney. Horrible service and wrong orders, bad experience all around. Would not ever go back.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks for the reviews! Oh, and I agree about Rosie's in MGM. I can pretty much eat any burger but I got one there once that I took one bite of and couldn't eat any more because it had a "rank" taste to it. Yuk!

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
Very good reviews

Was the world still loaded by the end of the week? I left Feb. 17.

It was crowded, but manageable. We fastpassed alot, but walked onto many rides early and late. Have heard alot of people say how horrible the crowds were, but I didn't think they were that bad.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter