• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Medical Lab Near WDW?

Tuffcookie

Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.
I orginally posted this on the Resort board and it was recommended I post over here. We are leaving for WDW early Sunday morning (Dec 26th) My mom was recently started on blood thinners. Her doctor wants her to have her blood tested while we're down there. Where is the nearest place?

TC :cool1:

You are just looking for the PT/INR clotting test? I would guess that maybe the walk-in clinic would do lab draws, or if all else fails, you could go to celebration hospital.

I know that others have posted the locations of the walk in clinics, I don't have them at my fingertips, but any hotel should be able to tell you where they are and give you directions if no one else posts their location here before you leave.

Centra Care Walk In Clinic is near WDW Lake Buena Vista area. They may be able to do labs there for you. If want to check them, google Florida Hospital Orlando and then find Centra Care info.

Or Quest Labs isn't too far away.

And as above post, Celebration Hosp isn't far either.

hope this helps some.

My DSIL needed to have his INR checked last Nov. The Care Centre walk in would not do it and told him to go to the local ER. I would be interested in finding a more convienent place for him.

Nanajo1 said:
My DSIL needed to have his INR checked last Nov. The Care Centre walk in would not do it and told him to go to the local ER. I would be interested in finding a more convienent place for him.
Unfortunately, it's too late to help the OP.
For next time, I'd suggest talking before your trip to the lab director at the lab where you normally get your blood tested. The doctor probably won't know; that's not information they usually need, all they usually need to know is what test they want to order and the lab takes over from there.
The Lab directors would be more aware of what is needed to get the blood test done (where ever you go, it has to be ordered by a doctor - you can't walk in to the lab and get it done). It's very possible that the lab director would be able to point you to a closer lab and also make sure you know/have what you need to ge the test done.

Also, where ever you go, a summary letter from the doctor would be helpful (a short history, a medication list, the usual range of INR, contact information, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter