Meg + Rob SBP/ADH/UK Lower 10/12/09 - Roots Photos ONLINE! YES!!!!

Which dress do you either like more or think would look better on Meg

• The Dress She Already Has - the Alfred Angelo with Yellow Trim

• Or the new one with the lace sleeves?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MegKate

2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do
:bride: Day One - the beginning... :bride:

4 years ago, I vowed I would not become a bridezilla. I was the Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding and she became a bridezilla... since then I have repeatedly vowed not to become one. :snooty:

Now I'm engaged to be married. I suppose I'm feeling like the last of my friends to go through this. I've been a bridesmaid/maid of honor about fifteen times. I know what I don't want to do.. or become. But I can see how it could be easy to go that route. :rolleyes1

Today I called WDW Weddings and gave them my information. I felt like a total dweeb-o. I spoke with a guy and I was just gushing over how this is going to be the best wedding, in the best place, at the best time (see a pattern?!). I'll need to be reining myself in... although that is difficult in the best of times. (Yes I'm overusing best today!)

I've got my budget - 20K from my dad. I know there's about 50 people who will come. (Who wouldn't want to escape from Northern Maine?!). As Oprah would say.. that's what I know for sure! I feel somewhat overwhelmed at this point. I originally wanted a pink princess wedding. (Pink because of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, and myself being very into that cause). Princess because... well... I'm an only child of divorced parents. I hate to say it, but I am a Princess. lol :laughing:

Now I'm not sure if I want it to be pink. My favorite color is Cobalt Blue. I don't want that to be my wedding color either! Is this a decision that I'm jumping to?

I'll tell you why I'm focusing on color today. I was surfing around the forum last night and I saw some beautiful cakes and ceremonies done with a sea theme. I love the sea. I love to snorkel. I would love to get my scuba license. My bathroom is under the sea, complete with mural. (Cliched I know!). But my dear fiance Rob... well... he can't swim to save his life. He grew up 2 minutes away from the beach on the coast of New Hampshire and never went. He's a meterologist. So what we have here is a failure to coordinate. (Did I steal that from a movie or something?!) :confused3

I want this ceremony to reflect both of us. I suppose a pink princess wedding doesn't do that either.

I'm just venting in here for now. It's all good in the end! I know whatever the end result is, it will be magical.

For now I sign off.

Peace :hippie: Love :love: and GO PATRIOTS! -Meg

PS - Please excuse the overusage of ( ) and ... I tend to have too much inner dialogue. :rotfl:

My previous bf and I broke up on the day of Hurricane Katrina 8-29-05. His mother made him break up with me for reasons that still elude me. Not that I thought he was "the one", but I had spent three years with him - if there was going to be breaking up, I was going to do it! Bah... denied of the drama that I so deserved. Oh well! :confused3

Later that month...

My friend Meg was surfing the internet and went to Eharmony. She emailed me and told me that she flunked the test! She got a result that she couldn't be matched with anyone. So being the weirdo that I am, I decided to see if I would flunk it as well. I didn't. But I didn't think anything of it either.

Then one day...

I got this random notification from Eharmony that someone would like to go through the matching process with me. For those who don't know, you go through different levels during the process. One is multiple choice questions, the next is what you're looking for, the third is open ended questions and the fourth is open communication. Usually this process takes a few days. With this person it took less than three hours. I couldn't believe how compatible we were. And he was from Maine! (Often with Eharmony, you get matches from around the country). It wasn't until later that I found out that he was 8 hours away from where I lived in Worcester, Massachusetts. :eek:

So then...

We did the whole matching thing at the end of September. He had been planning a trip to New Hampshire to visit family and hike up Mount Washington. He said he would call me while he was down there, and see if I wanted to meet up somewhere. I wanted to take it slow... you never know who you're going to meet online! :scared1:

But...

The weekend of Columbus Day came and it seemed like all my friends were out of town. I was at home alone as my dad and his girlfriend had gone on a weekend trip. I was digging the solitude until I got a call from my aunt on Friday October 7th, 2005. My cousin (age - 46) had been found dead in his bathroom. He had slipped on a rug, hit his head, cut his leg open on the radiator and bled out. I was in shock. It was one of those moments when you think that happens to other people. I had no one to talk to... except for that Eharmony guy. I called him at his hotel and talked to him for 6 hours on the phone. We just completely clicked. Maybe it was my vulnerable state, but he talked to me about my sorrow, and then we talked about other things. We arranged to meet at a local Barnes and Noble for some coffee the next day.

And so we meet...

I knew it was him. He was wearing a green windbreaker, jeans and hiking boots. He looked like an advertisement for Eastern Mountain Sports, North Face, or LL Bean - take your pick! I looked like hell - I know I did. I had pulled my hair back and threw on a old college t-shirt, jeans and birkenstock sandals. I was red and puffy from crying, but he gathered me up in a hug and I just cried like a fool. In the middle of Barnes and Noble! What a great first impression! He held me and it just felt right. He (Rob) just accepted me right from the beginning. He got me through that horrible day.

In the end...

He asked me out that very day. We were just too perfect together. He and I quickly got sick of that distance between us, and I moved up to Northern Maine - which I consider my great sacrifice for this relationship - in Jan of 2006. Just so you understand why I consider this a sacrifice, I moved from a city 40 miles outside of Boston - where there is culture, shopping, sports, concerts etc, to a small town on the Canadian border of Maine. To put this even further in perspective - the county I live in - Aroostook - is the biggest county west of the Mississippi. It covers an area that Rhode Island and Connecticut could fit into together with room to spare. Population about 70,000. Worcester, my hometown - 150,000 people.

But you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! :hug:

Rob and I - Christmas Morning in Texas 2007
CIMG0214.jpg

Great picture of us... if Rob hadn't opened his mouth! WDW 5-07
100_0609.jpg

The picture that should be the official engagement picture, but isn't! :lmao:
dep_show_line_item45.jpg

The Official Engagement picture - guess what our favorite team is?
dep_show_line_item.jpg

HI! You are going to change your mind on your colors so much...I was always torn between celadon and pink..I chose pink though :)

You and I are going to not be very good friends on here soon LOL...I loath the PATS...I'm an Eagles fan and I'm still bitter about our SB loss to them LOL....although I was pleased with the pre season game on friday night haha.

you will be hapy though...another woman on here named Laura(donaldsgirl) is a Patriots fan too. She is getting married Dec of 09.

Can't wait to read more :)

Welcome!!! Your story is so cute. I met my DF online also. On Myspace of all places...:lmao:

I can't wait to hear more!!

HI! You are going to change your mind on your colors so much...I was always torn between celadon and pink..I chose pink though :)

You and I are going to not be very good friends on here soon LOL...I loath the PATS...I'm an Eagles fan and I'm still bitter about our SB loss to them LOL....although I was pleased with the pre season game on friday night haha.

you will be hapy though...another woman on here named Laura(donaldsgirl) is a Patriots fan too. She is getting married Dec of 09.

Can't wait to read more :)

At least you are not a Giants fan... not that I'm bitter or anything! :) I can understand your feelings though - I still detest the Packers for the 97 SB. I'll have to start a Disney Bride Pats Gang to combat you Eagles fans! :laughing: Just kidding... I'll be good for now.

I originally wanted a wedding with Patriots jerseys. I have a custom Pats jersey with my last name and number 16. My original idea would have had me have the jersey with my name on top and a jersey with his last name underneath it and then taking the top one off (making sure not to flash anyone!!) after we kiss. But alas I was outvoted by everyone. However, I'm determined to get my jersey in the reception somewhere. :rolleyes1

I look forward to the team bashing that will ensue!

I'm just venting in here for now. It's all good in the end! I know whatever the end result is, it will be magical.

For now I sign off.

Peace :hippie: Love :love: and GO PATRIOTS! -Meg

PS - Please excuse the overusage of ( ) and ... I tend to have too much inner dialogue. :rotfl:

I found you and subbed!! I can not wait to find out all about your plans!

YAY, not only a MA/ME October 2009 bride, but a Pats fan!!! :banana:

I understand about color. It is hard to choose. Whatever you pick will be gorgeous!

I originally wanted a wedding with Patriots jerseys. I have a custom Pats jersey with my last name and number 16. My original idea would have had me have the jersey with my name on top and a jersey with his last name underneath it and then taking the top one off (making sure not to flash anyone!!) after we kiss. But alas I was outvoted by everyone. However, I'm determined to get my jersey in the reception somewhere. :rolleyes1

Hmmmmm....

How about ordering another jersey with your new last name on it, frame it in an autograph frame with the signable border and have that as your guest book?

Just a thought... :goodvibes

Great start to your PJ. I have a friend who signed up for E harmony but refused to pay for it. I'll have to tell her you found your DF on there. That'll get her to do it!!!

At least you are not a Giants fan... not that I'm bitter or anything! :) I can understand your feelings though - I still detest the Packers for the 97 SB. I'll have to start a Disney Bride Pats Gang to combat you Eagles fans! :laughing: Just kidding... I'll be good for now.

I look forward to the team bashing that will ensue!

HAHA that is funny!!!!! You have to have a patriots cake somewhere at your reception! Maybe you can do that for your groom's cake.

Hmmmmm....

How about ordering another jersey with your new last name on it, frame it in an autograph frame with the signable border and have that as your guest book?

Just a thought... :goodvibes

HAHA that is funny!!!!! You have to have a patriots cake somewhere at your reception! Maybe you can do that for your groom's cake.

Both brilliant ideas... do you think they would let me? I mean they do sell NFL stuff at the ESPN store in Downtown Disney..

Oh they will let you!! Send them a picture of what you want! It can be done!

:surfweb: Day Two - The Dress Hunt begins... :surfweb:

Ever have one of those days where the world seems to be out to get you? Sure you have! It seemed like one of those days today. So how better to get out of a funk but to look at beautiful dresses? :)

I'm not a size 2... add a 4 or 6 (depending on the time of the month) and you'll get my size. I grew up playing ice hockey so, I'm kind of built like a linebacker. I'm totally not complaining. I like who I am, and I am working on making myself healthier through yoga and trying to eat right. Hakuna Matata! :goodvibes

The only reason I state this is the obvious dress issues. 90% of the dresses I've seen are sleeveless. The one part of my body that I detest are my upper arms. Remember when you were a kid your parents told you to eat your dinner because there are starving children in Africa? Well this is kind of the same thing. I know there are people with arm problems, without arms and I should just shut it and stop complaining!:rolleyes:

I CAN'T DO IT!! I DETEST MY UPPER ARMS! And there's nothing that can be done. Bleecchh...:scared:

Henceforth, my dress search seems complicated. However I have found a few that I really like...

1516-600.jpg

Like this one! Last night I saw this article about wedding colors and it suggested blue and yellow. In my previous post, I stated that blue is my favorite color. Yellow is my stepsister's (maid of honor) favorite color. So this makes sense to me. So I thought about it some more (if you smelled smoke from the North last night, that was just me thinking! Doesn't happen often! lol) and I remembered a certain Disney movie that had the colors blue and yellow in it...

3-wallpapers-beauty-beast.jpg

See what I'm thinking?! This could be the breakthrough that I need to stop obsessing over colors. Also I was informed today that none of the groom, groomsmen or my father will wear a pink tie or vest. So that's out. As Lynn said, I'll change my mind about 10 more times, but I do think that this one is a keeper. I love Beauty and the Beast. :lovestruc And I do love this dress. I don't remember whose PJ I saw today that gave me the idea for this dress, but I do appriciate it. Speak up if your dress is on the same idea and I'll give you props and a shout out! I found it on Alfred Angelo and found that they could make a little jacket bolero thing that would camo my upper arms. The next dress is on the same idea...

1797-600.jpg

I think I like the first one better... but I'm going to have to go try some on. I am very lucky that the one bridal place up here has this company and is 2 minutes away from my school (U of Maine), and 35 minutes from where I live. Yay! :yay:

Today obviously got better.. except the Disney people didn't call within the 24 hrs they promised.... worried am I... (Oh great now I sound like Yoda!! :rotfl: ) Tomorrow I'm going to look for dresses for my attendants or whatever you call them. I need one for the following ages (at the time of wedding) 30 (MOH), 11 (JrBM), and 7 (FG).

Peace :hippie:, Love :love:, and Go PATRIOTS! :banana:
-Meg

PS- Thanks for the great feedback! Keep it coming! :cheer2:

Hi MegKate! Good luck on your dress-seeking adventure. I was going to suggest the little jacket thing, but couldn't remember what it was called (my couture knowledge is nil) Since you were originally thinking of a pink dress, maybe if you go with the short jacket being a pretty light pink? Or not :rotfl:

You'll see my fashion advise isn't always the best!

I love your story of how you met. I met my DF online too (Yahoo Personals) It's so hard to meet people now-a-days, if your not uber-social (which I'm not)

Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!

P.S. You aren't the only one that hates her arms!! I hate my "Bat wings". :laughing:

I like the first dress better as well but both are gorgeous. Love the colors. And like you, I detest my arms. I am gonna do a bridal bootcamp. My dress does come with a sheer shrug if bootcamp doesn't help though. ;o)

I love the alfred angelo dresses. So cute. I love the blue color.

My wedding is pink and the best man and fathers refused to wear pink so I had to add silver in the wedding color scheme so that they can have silver vests and ties. Men are such babies.

I think yellow and blue would be very pretty!! I changed my colors several times until I realized that I love pink and thats what it was going to be. Plus I was trying to match my venue in color.

Disney never calls within 24 hours. They called me 3 days later. I was dying but it was worth the wait!

Great report so far and looking forward to more. I love the first AA dress - that one was a serious one for me although in the end I decided to go more traditional and wear all white - but sometimes I still think fondly of a dress with some color in it. Our color is the AA claret. My girls will all be in an AA dress (different ones) but in the same color - and all the colors at our wedding will be red, white and black.

I think the blue and gold would be perfect for your wedding. It is a great combo and giving the wedding a slight Beauty and the Beast theme would be great.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter