Memorable (but cheap) Souvies

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I'm looking to spend very little on souvies this trip and was looking for some suggestions. I'll get the free refill mug from Pop, since we've never stayed there before and have a collection of these at home from other resorts. I usually collect park maps/stuff, as well as take a ton of pictures and video. What else would you suggest?

I collect magnets. They're usually pretty inexpensive and it's nice to look at the fridge and be reminded of our trips.

We buy a Christmas ornament where ever we go. Last week, in the Christmas store at DTD they had a HUGE selection (why wouldn't they?;) ) We got one that had 2004 on it for $12. Not exactly cheap, but memorable.

I bought a cool Stitch decal for the back of our car window. I thought the clothes were terribly expensive and there wasn't anything I had to have.

I found a gorgeous bracelet at Epcot (Mexico) it was only $12 and I am sooooo sorry I didn't get it, but it was the first day.

Have Fun!

World Showcase has all kinds of neat little trinkets for very little money.
I bought myself a kiddie charm bracelet & some charms. I use the charms on a necklace too. I'm wearing Spaceship Earth right now.

My kids love to get the pressed pennies. It's .51 each penny. Cheap at first, but it does add up if you get a bunch of them.

:sunny:

For only $5 something, you can get a guest of honor badge at the Christmas shop at DTD, that's always a cute souvenier!!

Jules

Mickey Mouse ice cube trays are $5. I gave them to a few people and they love them.

If you are buying for kids here's something I do before every trip....

hit your local Disney store (especially the day after Thanksgiving) and grab some goodies to give them throughout the trip.

I picked up T-shirts for $5 each
other small goodies for $2-$6 each which I would see at WDW for about 3x as much.

Not as much fun if you are buying for yourself but works great for the kids - hand them something as they are waiting for an attraction or show, they'll never know you got them before you left the house!

Popcorn buckets are 4.00 and they have popcorn in them, so it's a snack and a souvenir all in one :)

I buy a postcard each day that we're there, write on it what we did that day, and mail it to myself from Disney. We also get one or two pins each trip.

I like to collect ink pens from the gift shops at the exits of many attractions.

I only get the ones that have a clear plastic "window" in the upper part of the pen and there is a sliding/moving piece inside that depicts something from the park or the attraction. The back side will give the name of the park or the attraction depicted.

I have several different "Pooh" scenes. A safari boat from AK with Pooh and the gang on the boat. One from AK with mickey, donald, goofy and a giraffe. Splash Mountain with the Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, etc. gang going down the drop in the log. Tower of Terror with a group of kids falling in the elevator (it's really tiny but you can see a mickey ears hat floating above the kids). A Rock and Roller Coaster car with Mickey in the front seat.

These are really detailed little scenes. Some might need to get a magnifying glass to see all the little details.

I look all over each gift shop to find them. Alot of times the CM's don't have ANY idea what I'm talking about. There are alot of ink pens in the shops but you have to search a bit sometimes for the "slide" pens. (I don't know the official name.)

They can be a bit expensive - around $3 to $4 each. But I use them ALL the time and each time I pull one out it makes me smile. The ink lasts a long time and they don't have leaky or clumpy ink. They are a good quality pen.

I get a cheap frame magnet for fridge with year on it & frame a pic from that trip. My new stainless steel fridge doesn't attrack magnets tho so will have to get regular frames from now on. Also get kids a beach towel instead of tshirts.

These are all great ideas!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Thanks again!!!

on our most recent trip we HAD to pickup another popcorn bucket!
we bought one in 2001 and sometimes would argue over who would get to use it
now we have 2 - both from EpCot - hold almost a full bag of Orville popcorn - could be cos they are made by Orville

We buy the small photo albums (maybe 6x8?) that hold regular 4x6 pictures and put all of our photos from that year's trip in it. We have quite a collection going, lol!
We also do the pressed pennies, which are cheap, but the pressed quaters get a little pricey!

Well, my inexpensive but memorable souvies seem to add up to expensive ones! I always try to get a dated photo magnet and a couple of Christmas ornaments on every trip. Ds does pressed pennies and autographs. Another favorite (but not really cheap) is a coffee mug. That way I can remember my trip every morning with my coffee! Sooooo, by the time I buy all of this (inexpensive) stuff on every trip, I've usually spent quite a bit!;) This year I've promised my self I'm going to get one of those ornaments that they can paint your family's names on. I said I would wait until we were finished with our family before I invested in one. Well, we're done--so this is the year to get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter