Memorable (but cheap) Souvies

We bought ourselves and my parents antenna toppers on our last trip, they're around $3-4 a piece. I also bought a mini-notepad set - it has 4 different sizes, one has Mickey and the Castle, Pluto and the Tree of Life, etc. We try to get things we'll use a lot that will bring smiles to our faces:D

I have to say...we pick up Christmas Ornaments (just this past May...we bought mini-Santa Mickey Hats for the tree $5). We are also BIG fans of the wines stoppers $8 each. They come in silver, black & gold....it is the Mickey icon on the top! Very cooL!::MickeyMo

In China at the World Showcase in Epcot, you can buy a bookmark with any of a number of lovely Asian-themed watercolor images on the front, and they will write your (or anyone's) name in Chinese characters on the back. It's very inexpensive - about $3 if I rememer correctly - and is a unique gift.

China always has fun stuff for very little money. I think they have fans they will write your name on too. About ten years ago, I bought a hand-painted mask there for $3. And if you go to the jewelry counter, you can find some awesome cloisonne fish earrings that are very cheap ($6-12, depending on size). They have other nice cloisonne pieces too for very little.

We always buy a few pins commemorating our trip; we always include one that has the year on it. This last trip, we bought incense because we were in "Japan" and loved the smell of the incense they had burning. I'm going to do something "smell oriented" every trip from now on, because it really reminds us of our trip! (Wonder if they'll ever come out with AKL Lobby Spray!)

We like to go to Character Premiere at Orlando Premium outlets. It is not very far from DTD and we have found some great deals on t-shirts and pajamas. $9 for most tees.

I don't know if the shops still do this, but in some of our past visits to the Parks in some of the stores would be a shelf or a clothes rack with a little sign with "Sale" on it in small letters. In the past found t-shirts at Animal Kingdom with characters on them for $8 each. My wife bought a long sleeve t-shirt with one of the Park's logos for less than $10. Also the Disney Store used to have one small area with usually clothing items on sale. I have bought a sweatshirt or two for about half price in the past. I'll have to say I have not seen these "Sale" sections in past couple of visits, perhaps they occur around time some of stock is being changed out.

Phrank

I agree with the outlets idea. We just returned yesterday and went to the outlets and found great merchandise at about half price on most items...9 for T shirts...15 for very nice sweatshirts...5 for mugs. There are actually 2 outlet stores the one mentioned above( Character premier) and Character warehouse. There is also a Universal Store with good discounts on stuff too. They are in Mall annex 1 and Mall 2 but they are within walking distance of each other. They are at the Belz factory outlets at the end of International Drive...about a 5-10 minute drive from Downtown Disney.

(Wonder if they'll ever come out with AKL Lobby Spray!)

I have been trying to re-create that smell with YC Tarts - almost there, but they discontiued Fireside, which was an essential ingrediant with Spiced Pumpkin.......

I have the Coffee Mugs & Pens too - I need a new RnRC mug as I broke mine washing it :( And my SplshMtn pen ran out of ink....

All those little things do add up tho, don't they? :p

I love these ideas, especially the antenna topper & popcorn container suggestions. You have also given me some great ideas for Christmas, especially the Mickey Wine stopper.

I also have a large collection of keychains. Mickey as a pirate, Tinkerbell, a really cool one from AKL - Mickey in safari gear with foliage and animals, etc.

I also like to get a coffee mug unique to each disney park. Disneyland, WDW "Share a Dream/100 Years of Magic, etc.

My favorite is from Disneyland Resort Paris w/the eiffel tower, art deco metro entrance, paris street scenes. Mickey and Minnie are sitting at an outdoor cafe and he is gazing at her - in love. Goofy is the waiter, coming with more treats (including crossiants in a basket), Daisy Duck is all dressed up walking by with Pluto carrying her handbag, Donald is following behind with a really tall stack of fancy packages - Daisy's purchases. I make my own cappucino every morning with it - it reminds me of my first trip to Paris last fall and makes me smile.

I did the postcard idea on my last trip. I loved seeing them when I got back :D.

I also like to collect magnets and my fridge is actually covered with them!

The more I read about the post card idea, the more I like it.

Anyone else???

My thing is I get a mug on every vacation we take disney or not. They are good reminders every morning when I drink my coffee how fun our vacations are and they make you think back while getting your caffeine fix.

I also get a christmas ornament. It's fun to take them out every year and talk about our trips. I get one for each kid and hope to give them their collection someday. I try to get what character they are into that year.

Starting the year each of my nephews were born, I have bought them an ornament with their name on it, as well as the year. They have quite the collection going. Last year I bought these at WDW and they loved them.

We now have 5 popcorn buckets, so we don't have to share. We use them every family movie night! Except, now everyone wants the Incredibles popcorn bucket.

Where can you get the Incredibles popcorn bucket? Is that what the popcorn in the parks are being sold in? I have a small collection of these at home, including 2002 & 2003 holiday one's, as well as from the 25th anniversay. These come in handy in separating coins too!

You guys have been great with your ideas!! Thanks again and let's keep them coming!!

We always keep the plastic cups from the kids meals and last trip I think some of them just came with our meals as well. We use them until the next trip. The ones from 2001 are starting to lose thier artwork now, good thing we are going back soon! We also used these to make tiny gifts out of for friends/family. Bought multi packs of pens/pencils, postcards, magnets, etc and Washed out the cups, filled them with stuff and wrapped them in celophane. Everybody loved them! We will do the same thing this time, it's amazing how many little cups you wind up with after 7 days in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter